• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sick of Covid and Covid accessories. The vitriol has become more tiresome than the virus.   I also work as a hospital chaplain, so there we are. My wife is a High School Spani

Thanks! Dang right. Also, glad to have you in the thread. You are very kind. Prepare to be gratified. Well...   I do not have the RONA! I just got the call that I

I'm normally very meticulous about responding to every post in my thread, here I feel it best to offer one response as everyone very kindly offered very similar wishes   Thank you all for the sup

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rinna said:

It was by choice.  The company he worked for was being unethical, and refusing to change it/totally ignoring it.  We will be fine, unless I go postal...........just kidding.  I think. 

Toxic companies are the worst. 

8 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

I used my French press the other day but with some beans I got for cold brew (vs fancy single origin beans) and I was unimpressed. I've had good French press coffee at a restaurant, but apparently don't really have the knack for it at home, and don't usually bother when it's equal effort to the aeropress. I use it to make cold brew, though. And in case it isn't really clear already...I am totally a coffee snob hipster. I have a friend with whom I compare flavor notes and brew methods...

I never had luck with my French press until someone taught me to treat it like a pourover.  In other words, just wet the grounds with hot water and let that sit for a minute to let the flavor bloom, then pour the rest of the water in and let that sit for two minutes before pressing. 

2 hours ago, Emerald Eagle said:

Joining the COVID blues, it feels like things are ramping up here and the light at the end of the tunnel is very small and a long way away. Sorry to read about your sleeping woes. We’re still in the new born phase so up and down all night is par for the course!

There are sleep regressions at certain points, we are in one now. 

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Kinda new with the rangers and must get to know you! Following along! :)

Welcome to the Ranger Corps! 

This is not a full update, but little bit was up again. After not settling once she was fed and comfortable I took over and held her for a moment then put her down, said goodnight and walked out. She cried, so I checked on her at 5 minutes, deciding to check again in 10 minutes. She fell asleep in 7 minutes after that first check in. 

• Like 9
12 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I was sent this, and for reason it seems appropriate for this thread...

FB_IMG_1595862345954.jpg

I do love smiting.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

going back a few posts...kale does tend to ruin a lot of things if you let it. Hope the kale is fully tamed (or non-existent) for the next few weeks.

I don't plan on trusting it soon. Today is a good day. Did some stretching in the morning and went to work. Dinner was delivery. Did my DnD game in the evening. 

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Here to read food talk, agree with kettlebell workouts, and to nod approvingly at updates on the tiny human. 

Welcome. Update below.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Just finished dinner so I figured it was safe to come in here and look around.  It was indeed safe :) 

You chose...wisely.

Little Bit got up last night around 4. Sra. Tanque nursed her, and after half an hour I suggested we put her down. After we walked out of the room she fussed for about 3 minutes and fell asleep. PROGRESS!

• Like 11
  • That's Metal 1
3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

YAY SLEEPY PROGRESS FOR TINY HUMAN!

Smite away, good sir!

tenor.gif?itemid=17182590

Today is a good day. I let Sra. Tanque and Little Bit sleep in. Once they were awake, I did KBs, two rounds again at 20 lbs. I went a hair faster and it gassed me. I cooked lunch, which was chicken thighs I chopped and cooked in a skillet with avocado oil, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, and salt. I drained the liquid and let it brown. I then added bbq sauce. This did not, however make it bbq chicken. It made it chicken with BBQ sauce, as at no point was smoke involved in the cooking process. I also baked some sweet potatoes (put them in the microwave and use the potato button) that I served with butter. Finally, I made cole slaw with a packaged of shredded cabbage and carrots, the juice of two limes, 3 green onions chopped, chopped pineapple, and the juice of said pineapple. It was really good. 

At work I started feeling wierd, achy in my muscles and some GI distress. It's not the Rona, as I don't have a fever (They checked when I came in and again 3 hours later when I went to the front door and asked them to take my temp again, it was actually a little lower), and no breathing difficulties, nor have I lost sense of smell or taste. I think it's a combo of working out so hard earlier and the GI issues. I should be fine, I've felt like this before then mysteriously felt better in a couple of hours. The boss gave me a blessing to take it easy.

• Like 13

Hey Tank, we gonna kick some butt this challenge. Impressed by your choice and dedication to kicking the sugar can.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We started out by letting her be in her room for five minutes at a time before I went in to comfort her, then I went back out again. This went on for a while, and I started adding a minute to each break. It got stretched out to ten minutes between interventions before she finally fell asleep on her own.

This is THE.BEST way to handle this. We had a similar experience, where our oldest (when he was around the same age as little bit is now) would wake up earlier and earlier, starting at 8AM, all the way down to 5:30AM. Than i did what you did. Go in, tuck him in again, go back to bed, come back 5 minutes later. Well he is my son, so also a little bit stubborn, but i am stubborner so it took me around 17 5-minute-trips, but he was asleep. The day after that he tried 3 times, next time slept all the way through.

Light At End Of Tunnel GIFs | Tenor

There is though, this was just too cute not to share.

See, i'll make it official, rewarding with points on the challenge is well as excellent dadding!

well done gifs | WiffleGif

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is not a full update, but little bit was up again. After not settling once she was fed and comfortable I took over and held her for a moment then put her down, said goodnight and walked out. She cried, so I checked on her at 5 minutes, deciding to check again in 10 minutes. She fell asleep in 7 minutes after that first check in. 

I just read this after posting my previous post.

ANNOUNCEMENT - NEXT THROWDOWN - RULES UPDATED! - The Texas BBQ Forum

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I'm glad Lil Bit is getting down a normal sleep pattern!  I hope you feel better soon!!!  Great job on the workout!!

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Xena said:

I'm with you on that one.

Kale and Arugula, handle with care.

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I get those kind of GI resets too. Where the whole system seems to clean house and I feel really sick. It seems to happen when I am overly tired for one reason or another. 

I'm still...in the cleaning process.

24 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Hey Tank, we gonna kick some butt this challenge. Impressed by your choice and dedication to kicking the sugar can.

This is THE.BEST way to handle this. We had a similar experience, where our oldest (when he was around the same age as little bit is now) would wake up earlier and earlier, starting at 8AM, all the way down to 5:30AM. Than i did what you did. Go in, tuck him in again, go back to bed, come back 5 minutes later. Well he is my son, so also a little bit stubborn, but i am stubborner so it took me around 17 5-minute-trips, but he was asleep. The day after that he tried 3 times, next time slept all the way through.

Light At End Of Tunnel GIFs | Tenor

There is though, this was just too cute not to share.

See, i'll make it official, rewarding with points on the challenge is well as excellent dadding!

My mom tells the story that when she got to that point with me she decided to let me cry for 15 minutes before checking on me. The first night I fell asleep at 14:57, the next night after ten, the night after that at 5, then I started going right to sleep.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

I just read this after posting my previous post.

ANNOUNCEMENT - NEXT THROWDOWN - RULES UPDATED! - The Texas BBQ Forum

I am not cable, I'm Colossus.

This morning I felt a little cold around 5 am, so I put on some shorts, a t shirt, and some calf length socks after going to the bathroom. Still having very loose stools, but not the urgency of diarrhea. I checked my temp and it was 99.1, so I took some tylenol. We looked at the COVID screening website for our city, and I didn't check any of the boxes, so it's probably something else. No workout today of course, and I'm off today and tomorrow as part of my regular work schedule, so rest will be easy. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Kale and Arugula, handle with care.

Arugula triggers a full GI cleaning process for me... I avoid eating it whenever possible. Kale for some reason is perfectly safe to eat, but there are many flavor-related reasons for avoiding that one.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Arugula triggers a full GI cleaning process for me... I avoid eating it whenever possible. Kale for some reason is perfectly safe to eat, but there are many flavor-related reasons for avoiding that one.

It's really hard to make Kale taste good.

3 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

hope you feel better... Im past the days where workouts are so intense ;)

:D 

I"m..ok. Like if I have to be sick, this is an easy kind of sick to be. I have to keep pooping, and the stools aren't solid, but there's no threat-of-not-making-it urgency. I don't have a lot of energy, and I feel cold, but I'm not miserable, just uncomfortable. As long as I don't move around much, I'm fine. Way easier to deal with than a bad migraine or respiratory issues. We had Whataburger for lunch and I will probably not cook dinner.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I actually managed it once... I used seasoning that completely covered the Kale flavor. :D 

Massage it in a citrus dressing. Lemon, oil, aaaaaaaand a vinegar...and then rub rub rub it into the kale and serve it with veggies you like. Massage your kale! 

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1