• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Here's hoping that those screaming baths are behind you forever!

From your fingertips to God's screen.

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I hated getting my face wet as a kiddo. HATED it. I’ll go swimming now, but I still hate my face being wet. So fair warning: she may scream at her first swimming lesson too. Lol

I didn't like it either, but with a caveat (see below)

3 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Your dinner sounds delightful (but then again, all of your food does!), and I'm happy Little Bit seems to be settling into bath times now. Like Snarkyfishguts said, I hated getting my face wet as a kid as well, and as a result was late to learn how to swim because of it. No screaming at my first lesson though, so hopefully she doesn't either!

I thought I was scared of the water when I had swimming lessons. What I realized is my eyes are super sensitive and I hate getting water on them. I don't do well with eyedrops to this day as a result. Once I started wearing goggles, swimming was just fine. I can keep my eyes closed underwater, but then water still runs into them once you come up for air, even that really bothers me.

• Like 9

On 8/5/2020 at 11:07 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have solved my sugar-avoidance-due-to-prediabetes pumpkin spice woes. I just got some natural peanut butter and added cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and stirred. BOOM. Pumpkin spice peanut butter.

This is unbelievably brilliant.  ALL HAIL

• Like 4

On 8/5/2020 at 11:07 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have solved my sugar-avoidance-due-to-prediabetes pumpkin spice woes. I just got some natural peanut butter and added cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and stirred. BOOM. Pumpkin spice peanut butter.

I LOVE THIS IDEA WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO DO THIS AT MY HOUSE. 

Ahem. I mean, what a cool idea. Very creative. We'll have to try it too. Cheers

Also, water in the eyes is the worst. I also don't like water up my nose. :D 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

7 hours ago, loire said:

ALL HAIL

Not Worthy Hail GIF - NotWorthy Hail WaynesWorld - Discover ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, loire said:

This is unbelievably brilliant.  ALL HAIL

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I LOVE THIS IDEA WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO DO THIS AT MY HOUSE. 

Ahem. I mean, what a cool idea. Very creative. We'll have to try it too. Cheers

Also, water in the eyes is the worst. I also don't like water up my nose. :D 

I look forward to your results.

49 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Not Worthy Hail GIF - NotWorthy Hail WaynesWorld - Discover ...

24gY7gN.gif

Today is a good day. Not much to report, worked early, will get delivery and watch the second half of BBC's version of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth). I live for Miss Bennet's takedown of Lady Catherine.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. Not much to report, worked early, will get delivery and watch the second half of BBC's version of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth). I live for Miss Bennet's takedown of Lady Catherine.

One of my favorite scenes in that series. :) 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 6:14 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I JUST watched that a couple days ago, and right before that I watched the Keira Knightly movie.

I like the BBC version, but I think some of the characters are too exaggerated (based on the picture in my head from reading the book a million times).

I'm not a huge pumpkin spice fan, but I LOVE your peanut butter idea.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, Scaly Freak said:

One of my favorite scenes in that series. :) 

And it was all I wanted it to be.

13 hours ago, Xena said:

I JUST watched that a couple days ago, and right before that I watched the Keira Knightly movie.

I like the BBC version, but I think some of the characters are too exaggerated (based on the picture in my head from reading the book a million times).

I'm not a huge pumpkin spice fan, but I LOVE your peanut butter idea.

They all seem pretty realistic to me. Jane Austen must have spent time around some very dysfunctional people, because you have some pretty textbook examples of narcissism in that movie. Mr. Collins as a flying monkey and Lydia as the youngest being Mrs. Collins' golden child all fit the models, as well as Mrs. Collins' obsession with money. The Keira Knigthly version was much kinder to Mrs. Collins Bennett, but I think the BBC version was much closer to the book.

Today is a good day. I had work in the morning. I'm pretty tired from waking up at five three mornings in a row. Sra. Tanque has also expressed she would prefer I not do that either as it's very difficult for her to try to get ready in the morning wrangling the baby by herself. Combined with starting work again tomorrow (Teacher) it would make things very difficult. 

Dinner was chicken thighs, chopped and cooked in sesame oil with curry powder, ginger paste, garlic powder, mirin, salt and pepper. When it was done I added in some basmati rice, steam-in-bag stir fry veggies, cashews and ginger paste and stirred everything together. A simple, one skillet meal.

• Like 11

Pumpkin spiced peanut butter sounds amazing. In the fall, I make my own pumpkin spice so I can add it to random stuff.Also I get some pumpkin spice tea which hits the spot. Usually the stuff you buy that is pumpkin spice flavored is so sweet anyway, you can't taste the cinnamon. And that's enough on that subject, I'm enjoying summer too much to think of fall

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Mr. Collins as a flying monkey and Lydia as the youngest being Mrs. Collins' golden child all fit the models, as well as Mrs. Collins' obsession with money. The Keira Knigthly version was much kinder to Mrs. Collins, but I think the BBC version was much closer to the book.

Bennett. Charlotte is Mrs Collins. 😉

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Pumpkin spiced peanut butter sounds amazing. In the fall, I make my own pumpkin spice so I can add it to random stuff.Also I get some pumpkin spice tea which hits the spot. Usually the stuff you buy that is pumpkin spice flavored is so sweet anyway, you can't taste the cinnamon. And that's enough on that subject, I'm enjoying summer too much to think of fall

As a Texan, I'm ready for summer to be over by July.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's when summer starts here.😀

• Like 2

Today is a good day. I did a round of the KB workout with the 20 pound bell. Next time I'll try for two rounds again. I made lunch before coming in to work. I roasted some asparagus (avocado oil, salt, pepper, white wine vinegar) in the oven at 420 degrees for 11 minutes. I also made a box of pine nut something or other couscous (they were out of plain couscous at the store) and when it was done added fresh chopped parsley and feta. The main dish was chicken thighs chopped and cooked in 2 tbsp butter with salt and pepper. When it was brown I added two more tbsp butter and a bunch of cashews with some fresh parsley. Very simple and very good. 

• Like 11

On 8/10/2020 at 7:50 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As a Floridian...same (though it only really ends for a weekend or so in January)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Little bit is walking? Man... our babies are growing soo fast.. 

They really do.

1 hour ago, RES said:

As a Floridian...same (though it only really ends for a weekend or so in January)

Yeah, ya'll have about the same longitude as the southern half of Texas, but you have an ocean on one side and a gulf on the other, so you never escape the humidity.

• Like 1

Today is a good day. I just now did my bare minimum stretches (30 seconds each in a forward fold and a squat) along with some neck mobility stuff. I like that I have a bare minimum protocol, because if I didn't I would not have just done the forward fold and squats. That's a lot better than nothing. My MIL came today to watch the baby while I went to get a haircut. She came earlier and stayed later than we planned because my FIL was at their house overseeing an A/C repair crew and my MIL wanted to be in our house with the nice new A/C system (a week old today). I was of course ok with her staying extra (it meant an extra pair of eyes on the baby, and she was happy because she got to spend time with her granddaughter and wasn't sweaty). For dinner I made some sauteed squash by cooking the thin sliced squash in avocado oil with salt, pepper, and dried thyme. I also made some steam in bag brown rice. The star of the show was the pork chops. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, and crushed rosemary (dried rosemary I ground up in an actual mortar and pestle) on both sides and let it sit for a while absorbing the salt. I cooked it in avocado oil five minutes a side. I got a good Maillard reaction due to the rosemary and salt. I had to finish the chops in the oven because they were so thick. While they were finishing I made a sauce with 3/4 c chicken broth, 3/4 c half and half (the store was out of heavy cream) and plenty of mustard. I put that in the hot skillet the chops had just come out of, let it come to a boil while stirring, then simmered it. At the end I added roughly 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice. It was a perfect sauce for the chops. 

Tomorrow I'm praying at a funeral for one of our retired officers (I volunteer as a police chaplain). He had been retired for a month when he passed away. I'm not doing the main service, but praying at the end and doing something with the Military honors (the officer was also an Army vet). Fortunately the weight I've lost recently means I can squeeze back in to my class A uniform.

• Like 17

Woot for fitting into your uniform!

Good recipe for the pork chops. I just bought some pork chops from COstco, and they are thick.I'll try the pan searing + oven time to see how it works. I struggle with drying out thick pork chops.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Woot for fitting into your uniform!

Good recipe for the pork chops. I just bought some pork chops from COstco, and they are thick.I'll try the pan searing + oven time to see how it works. I struggle with drying out thick pork chops.

A meat thermometer is your friend.

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I have never heard this song before, and thank you.

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

MMMMM Pork Chops, and I'm glad to hear that you're able to get back into your Class A Uniform!

THE DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS FRESHMAN CLASS!!! YOU'RE HERE FOR CLASS ...

It was a tight squeeze, but I was able to wear it both sitting and standing. 

Today is a good day. I did KBs in the morning and went to the funeral. I offered the closing prayer. It was good to be there for the family of one of my officers. He was a pretty outstanding individual. People were telling stories that even some of the people he arrested commented on what a kind person he was. Dinner was good. I cooked, some sausage, 2 red bell peppers, 2 yellow squash, 1 zucchini, some garlic, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar in some avocado oil. I then added that to some 3 cheese tortellini I had cooked, and added in some marinara and a little bit of goat cheese I had leftover from something else. I stirred it together and added some parmesan on top. After dinner I kinda ran out of gas, not sure why. I have a grocery pickup in a little while.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I did KBs in the morning and went to the funeral. I offered the closing prayer. It was good to be there for the family of one of my officers. He was a pretty outstanding individual. People were telling stories that even some of the people he arrested commented on what a kind person he was. Dinner was good. I cooked, some sausage, 2 red bell peppers, 2 yellow squash, 1 zucchini, some garlic, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar in some avocado oil. I then added that to some 3 cheese tortellini I had cooked, and added in some marinara and a little bit of goat cheese I had leftover from something else. I stirred it together and added some parmesan on top. After dinner I kinda ran out of gas, not sure why. I have a grocery pickup in a little while.

I'm glad you were there for this, and that the uniform fit.  It sounds like he was one of the best of people. Running out of gas seems normal, even when a funeral is a healing event that goes well, it's exhausting too. Grief is tiring, even if hope and love overshadow it. *hugs*  You added to that hope and love today. 

• Like 2