• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RES

RES: Still Cute

1 hour ago, RES said:

I need to vent a bit...I am in no way, shape, or form, an essential employee. My organizations mission is entertainment, while it's nice to be able to get out of the house and attend our events, it's in no way necessary in the current times and state of the country, especially in FL.

The executive team acting like all of us getting tested so we can safely put on these events any time a co-worker tests positive is utter bullshit...if you were really that concerned about our health and well-being you would cancel these events until a time that it is safe to have them, and quit working your staff 6-7 days a week. The whole thing just proves the only thing they care about is the bottom line, "lets get test results the quickest way possible so you all can come work this weekend" 🤬

Poop be upon their heads

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 4:22 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Poop be upon their heads

Eww, not till I'm gone! LOL

Still waiting on results, have been assured we would have them by 9pm tonight, I'll believe it when I see them.

• Like 4

On 8/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, RES said:

lets get test results the quickest way possible so you all can come work this weekend

I thought that was every business in america. Ever.

Capitalist society doesn't care about the proletariat.

Karl Marx: ten things to read if you want to understand him

• Like 2

Test results came back, only 30 min late, they were negative, so I worked all weekend, hence the lack of updates

21 hours ago, Teros said:

I thought that was every business in america. Ever.

Agreed, and I know this...what bothers me is when you try to say that you care about the employees being the reason for doing it, instead of covering your own ass and not wanting to lose more money. Just be honest, I can't stand a liar.

The Plan....Week 3

Conscientious: Make 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. 7/7

Unconventional: With time being at a premium any extra stuff I get to do will be here Worked all weekend, weather has also been crap...did get my nails done last Tuesday

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 6/7 on sleep, 3/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 3x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 3/3 weights, 0/7 steps, 1/3 treadmill

Today was a WFH day, we're going to start having more of these to reduce contact and hopefully our risk of in case anyone else comes down with Covid. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned, especially since my work can be done from home anyway. Also helps take the sting out of working Saturdays/weekends.

Not much to talk about on the job hunt front, if things continue as they are I may just continue to keep looking for the right position, but plan on taking advantage of my vacation time I have coming and potential bonus pay. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Give you luck for another week of something better that comes up.

Also yay for sleeping enough every night! I personally found that can be a battle especially with all this stuff.

thank you, I'll certainly take it!

Think I may look into starting my own bookkeeping business...it's something I've always wanted to do just never did...no better time than when I still have a full time job to take care of the bills

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

I think that starting your own business would be a great idea. Even if you wanted to work for a while for another company, you could build up a client base of your own. That would get you out of the awful hours at your current position. You are already working from home part of the time, so that would not be a major change. Go for it!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mistr said:

I think that starting your own business would be a great idea. Even if you wanted to work for a while for another company, you could build up a client base of your own. That would get you out of the awful hours at your current position. You are already working from home part of the time, so that would not be a major change. Go for it!

No way would I quit my 9-5 until i was established...not saying I wouldn't try to make them a client ;) 

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Took me a moment to realize it wasn't a beekeeping business you were talking about. Derp.

:lol: not sure I'm cut out to be a beekeeper

So the week ended as oddly as it began...turned down a job offer yesterday that wanted to pay me 3K less than I make now...ummm, no

The Plan....Week 4

Unconventional: With time being at a premium any extra stuff I get to do will be here took the middle child and his girlfriend out to eat last Sunday for his B-Day

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 6/7 on sleep, 3/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 3x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 3/3 weights, 0/7 steps, 0/3 treadmill 

Sleep was all messed up this week, my saving grace was WFH, got my weight training workouts in but no treadmill time.

Signed up for a 4k on October 3rd, planning vacation at the end of October (birthday week) since our cruise was canceled, we're going to go visit my granddaughter and see NOLA.

Until the end of September I will only be going to the office on MWF, ton TTh I will be off/WFH...Saturday events are still a thing, hopefully the guys meet the goals they have so they don't schedule anything for the 12th, the FBGz are supposed to have a ride to Ormond Beach that day and I really want to go!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RES said:

turned down a job offer yesterday that wanted to pay me 3K less than I make now...ummm, no

I'm sorry if it felt like a waste of time, but I'm glad you got the offer. It's always good to have options and feel wanted.

• Like 2

So I've decided that my off and WFH days are going to be spent researching and working on starting my own bookkeeping/accounting business, after I finish my paying job of course :D 

Not sure if I'm going to make this a challenge goal yet, may depend on how everything turns out.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Good for you!

Ramit Sethi has a lot of advice for starting a business at https://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/. I get his newsletter. It is all about selling his courses, but there is useful material sprinkled in between the sales pitches.

Thank you, I'll check it out!

So guess who I got a call from today?

The dental office that I haven't heard from in about a month (well, the recruiter regarding them actually)

Apparently the guy I was supposed to meet with decided to quit and open his own practice so things have been very chaotic for them...they want to put together an offer for me.

I thought the full moon was on Tuesday?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

So much going on in my brain I need to make some lists...focus is becoming an issue when I get easily distracted and fall down the rabbit hole.

Need to figure out what needs to be taken care of at my current job, what I want to do in regards to the bookkeeping company I want to start (yes, I still want to do this even if I have the new job, and I'll have time now!) have some personal things that I've started working on (that really invites falling down a rabbit hole), what I don't want to do is get so overwhelmed with it all that I end up spending hours on social media mindlessly scrolling. So I'm going to make lists, and I might even incorporate it into future challenges...because in true fashion I have to work tonight (and tomorrow afternoon) so I'm going to wrap this up now.

The Plan....Week 5

Unconventional: With time being at a premium any extra stuff I get to do will be here had to buy a new computer this week, my old  one was in bad shape, also worked on my business 

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 6/7 on sleep, 4/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 3x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 3/3 weights, 1/7 steps, 1/3 treadmill 

Cardio continues to be a struggle for me, not really my focus right now. No one to blame but me, I'll make it happen when I'm ready to.

Edited by RES
Hit my step goal at work last night LOL
  • Like 4