I'm Kyrsten. I'm 19, almost 20 (I turn 20 next month!!!). I'm here to lose weight/get into shape. I stepped onto the scale yesterday and realized that I'm over 200 pounds and I really don't like that. Its time for me to take control of my weight loss and my body. I'm ready to get started.

Guest Snake McClain

You've found a great resource for information, a great community for support and a great team of online friends. There is not a single community like it in the online universe.

What are your goals? Any plans to get there?

Wow, I just figured out how to get back here... *Embarrassed* My goals are to get down to 140 pounds or a 32 inch waist. I don't care as much about the weight as long as I look healthy. I want to get my diet healthy with more veggies and fruit, and less sugar (that's really hard for me, I LOVE sugar!!). I've been drinking a lot of water, which is helping me along my way. The biggest problem I've been having is getting out there and doing it. I always seem to find some excuse and I've been working on that. Right now, I'm mostly focusing on my diet due to the doctor forbidding exercise. Despite that set back, I've already lost weight and can tell. :D

Krysten, Im new to the site as well, but I can understand where you are coming from.  I think your goals are great, my recommendation would be to set shorter term goals as well, that way you get little wins along the way to your big goal.  Read EVERYTHING that is on this site, because it continuously inspires me to keep going when Im feeling like I cant do it anymore. What are you doing differently in your diet?  Are you following a program or just trying to eat healthier in general?