Jump to content

Simply Snarkyfishguts


Recommended Posts

I finshed reading THE UNEXPECTED INHERITANCE OF INSPECTOR CHOPRA  by Vaseem Khan. I really enjoyed reading it, and enjoyed talking to my Dad about it after even more. We discussed our favorite moment, which was the same part, which seldom happens when we read a book together :)  I really enjoy how much he loves mysteries. 


If you read this book, I will tell you the moment I loved after you finish it. 
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
2 hours ago, deftona said:

 

I just ordered it to pick up from my local bookshop on my way into work tomorrow. I'm excited to start it! 

 

I hope you enjoy it, too! I am looking forward to hearing about your favorite scenes

Link to post
On 7/29/2020 at 8:17 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

tiny decrepit voices

So many muscles

 

On 7/29/2020 at 8:17 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

What is your favorite song for "I don't want to do anything, but now I'm ready to go after listening to this song?"  mornings?

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/1/2020 at 10:27 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I finshed reading THE UNEXPECTED INHERITANCE OF INSPECTOR CHOPRA  by Vaseem Khan. I really enjoyed reading it, and enjoyed talking to my Dad about it after even more. We discussed our favorite moment, which was the same part, which seldom happens when we read a book together :)  I really enjoy how much he loves mysteries. 


If you read this book, I will tell you the moment I loved after you finish it. 
 

 

 

This sounds like such fun! I was always an avid reader, but my parents are not. I like to talk to my dad about movies and TV shows and plays/musicals we have both seen instead.

  • Like 1
Link to post
11 hours ago, Aquarii said:

 

This sounds like such fun! I was always an avid reader, but my parents are not. I like to talk to my dad about movies and TV shows and plays/musicals we have both seen instead.

That's really the same spirit of the thing, isn't it? That being able to talk about something and connect.  I think it's great you've found something to share. And if you ever want to talk books, hi! :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I got a migraine Sunday afternoon, and it went away sometime in the middle of the night last night. It was a doozy,  and it felt a lot like being carsick. Everything made me nauseous and everything was too loud, too bright. There's still an echo of it, so I'm going to sign off before it comes back and say see you hopefully tomorrow 

 

 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Do you have specific migraine meds?

No. My doctor prescribed imitrex over the phone but it had side effects I wanted to discuss with her first, and it's only really good at the first signs of a migraine, not really once the migraine hits, and I don't get an aura or anything. I just have a common migraine, so it's not unheard of to last for a few days but it's unusual for me. If it's not better tomorrow I'll talk to my doctor again. I used excedrin extra strength, which is usually good enough to let me sleep it off. This one is just stupid-stubborn.

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

No. My doctor prescribed imitrex over the phone but it had side effects I wanted to discuss with her first, and it's only really good at the first signs of a migraine, not really once the migraine hits, and I don't get an aura or anything. I just have a common migraine, so it's not unheard of to last for a few days but it's unusual for me. If it's not better tomorrow I'll talk to my doctor again. I used excedrin extra strength, which is usually good enough to let me sleep it off. This one is just stupid-stubborn.

That stinks. My doctor gave me Zolmitripan, which can be taken at any point, but it is more effective the earlier it is used.

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That stinks. My doctor gave me Zolmitripan, which can be taken at any point, but it is more effective the earlier it is used.

I'll have to look into this and ask some questions. My doctor is really nice, but she's also incredibly overworked, so she gets distracted easily, and you can see her sometimes just like "Holy shit, I'm tired."  

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

I use Migra-soothe for my migraines. It works the majority of the time.

I'll have to look into that too!  Because CLEARLY excedrin did NOT help this time :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Good morning! I am giving myself a peptalk to face the day. Mom injured her hand, so I'm going to the grocery store and then working out this afternoon. We usually take turns, but she's had a bad week too, so it's okay. I'll probably overcompensate by buying too much ice cream. 

 

HAHAHAHAH NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH ICE CREAM

 

A big victory: I am wearing a sports bra that was too small for me earlier this year, and I am throwing out a bra that is now too big. It's WORKING, y'all. I've made up a workout wardrobe goal, and as clothes get too big, I'll happily chuck them for a combination of older clothes that fit again, and some new clothes. Eventually I'd like to have enough clothes for 5 days of exercise. . I already know how I'm going to organize my drawers for it. There's a lot of planning a person can do in a dark room when a migraine hits :D  I've already ordered some shorts, a new tank top and a sports bra. I know I'll have to keep sizing down as I make progress, but wearing clothes that are too big is uncomfortable in different ways than clothes that are too small. A good fit makes a huge difference. 

 

Well, the prospect of buying more clothes has inspired me. Also, I know myself; I better workout NOW, and then go to the store, because I never want to do anything when I get home from groceries except shower, drink, and pass out. Off I go to earn that damn dollar, and then buy ice cream/maybe some vegetables. ;)

  • Like 5
  • That's Metal 2
Link to post
21 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I know I'll have to keep sizing down as I make progress, but wearing clothes that are too big is uncomfortable in different ways than clothes that are too small. A good fit makes a huge difference. 

 

Also, this is the best bit and when I was on my way down I wish I'd kept buying instead of making do with too-big stuff because as long as you're not going into debt or anything to buy it, and you're donating the clothes you get too big for, there are zero reasons not to! You have worked hard for your progress and new, smaller clothes are just wonderful ❤️

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, deftona said:

 

Also, this is the best bit and when I was on my way down I wish I'd kept buying instead of making do with too-big stuff because as long as you're not going into debt or anything to buy it, and you're donating the clothes you get too big for, there are zero reasons not to! You have worked hard for your progress and new, smaller clothes are just wonderful ❤️

 All of this! Even if I only wear my new clothes for a month or two, someone else will get to enjoy wearing them after me. Thinking about that makes it seem worth it to me. My spending is so much less since the pandemic started, so it's not a burden for me. The amount I save on gas alone is amazing to me, let alone social outings and work-related travel.  I can definitely see some lifelong changes in my spending after this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I am so glad I exercised before the stupid grocery store. Someone just started bleeding in the store. I didn’t see them, but I WAS the person who discovered the blood on the floor and reported it. There are lots of reasons a person starts bleeding like that, but I still found it unsettling. 
 

home I came to shower, drink, animal crossing, and nap. I am now giving myself the “I CAN cook dinner!” Pep talk. I will spring into cooking action! A whirlwind of spices and meats! Any minute now. Aaaaaaaaaaaany moment. Could be now...

 

could be nnnnnnnnnow! 
 

(fifteen minutes later, whispering) maybe now.....

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
On 8/6/2020 at 10:26 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Eventually I'd like to have enough clothes for 5 days of exercise.

Thats what my 2 spartan shirts and NF shirt are for:  exercise workout goals.

 

I take it the migraine is gone

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...