Simply Snarkyfishguts

3 hours ago, Teros said:

Thats what my 2 spartan shirts and NF shirt are for:  exercise workout goals.

I take it the migraine is gone

Nice! 

yup the migraine is gone, thanks for asking!. I woke up yesterday and it was toast. Not burnt toast like I had a stroke. Just gone. I still feel a little bruised in my head, but that will heal too. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Nice! 

yup the migraine is gone, thanks for asking!. I woke up yesterday and it was toast. Not burnt toast like I had a stroke. Just gone. I still feel a little bruised in my head, but that will heal too. 

Glad you're better!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Hey, I was just on some else's post commenting on fake sugar & it occurred to me to ask you: do you use those?

Nope. I avoid fake sugar. It hurts my guts. My migraines are usually hormone related

14 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Yikes. It doesn't hurt my guts (as far as I know), but I get migraines from them which is what made me ask.

Oh no! Yeah, it hurts my digestive tract, and it doesnt seem to matter which.  Things that help me prevent migraines are all in the week before my period is due. Limited sweets and caffeine and loads of exercise. But some months It just is really fierce, and I haven’t figured that out. 😭

My tank  top and matching sports bra arrived in the mail, and I love the tank top. I tried getting the bra on, but it was a magic bra that got smaller and smaller. Soon I’m standing in my bathroom with this tight band under my armpits and across my upper bust and no, I couldnt even fit any of my actual boob in there, so those are just swinging while I am desperately trying to get the damn thing off. I eventually had to do some deep breathing and stretched my left and across like a shoulder stretch and curled back to grab the part in the right shoulder and finally was able to shimmy out of it. 

so yeah. Fuck that bra, its going back. 

😂😂😂

I’m tired after a long day, but I had to share my “oh shit, I’m stuck! I got Winnie the Poohed in a sports bra! “ story 💚💚😂

• Like 4
4 hours ago, deftona said:

I got agitated just reading that. I'm glad you managed to escape out of it and that isn't your life now! 

I have nightmares of being stuck in clothes like that. I totally panicked. But there is a part of the brain that laughed and said “omg this is so silly” 

not unrelated, i ordered some sports bras with a brand that fits me really nicely, and its got hooks in the back so no more getting stuck in rings of torture. 

• Like 3

End of the week report:

I earned my dollar 4/7

body care 4/7

no bedtime screens 7/7

practice uke-0/7

Having a long term migraine this week disrupted this challenge big time. Obviously the migraine itself was disruptive,  but after, I felt really down. I’ve noticed I don’t emotionally bounce back as well anymore. I don’t think thats necessarily bad or good, it just is something to take into consideration. 

I kept busy with grocery shopping and taking care of mom after her oral surgery (shes getting two implants)  i need to get in motion today and catch up on cleaning and cooking on my to-do lists. Today I’m making meatballs, catching up on laundry, and some point this weekend I’m going to dust and vacuum the house.  And then tomorrow is a new week, so thats always a good mental motivator. 

:) 

• Like 3

What actually happened today

I cleaned the kitchen cabinets. Yup. They needed it. 
My guts declared war on me after lunch. I slept.

mom and dad made meatballs. I made a creamy mushroom sauce and pasta. Its just a basket of mushrooms cooked in a skillet with oil, an italian dressing season packet, a can of cream of chicken, a cup of cream cheese, some milk to thin it, a d then at the very end stir in sour cream and you have heart attack cream sauce for pasta, peas, and, meatballs.

i also made a really good maple glaze for cinnamon rolls tomorrow. 1/4 cup maple syrup, cup of powdered sugar, a little splosh of maple extract and just enough milk to make it a little thin. 
I wrote a picture book. It just needs a little tweaking but its good. 

it was a good day. I did a lot and I’m happy with that. 

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

mom and dad made meatballs. I made a creamy mushroom sauce and pasta. Its just a basket of mushrooms cooked in a skillet with oil, an italian dressing season packet, a can of cream of chicken, a cup of cream cheese, some milk to thin it, a d then at the very end stir in sour cream and you have heart attack cream sauce for pasta, peas, and, meatballs.

I was thinking it and then you said. Sounds super good tho.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

I was thinking it and then you said. Sounds super good tho.

It was good. I would add more chicken broth next time. Maybe cut back on some of the creamy fats. But it was definitely a fun comfort meal. Today I am eating a bucket of salad 😂

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It was good. I would add more chicken broth next time. Maybe cut back on some of the creamy fats. But it was definitely a fun comfort meal. Today I am eating a bucket of salad 😂

Many a time, in the days between Christmas and New Year, when I'd get in that foggy, funk of unrelenting fat and sugar intake, I would eat a "bucket" of salad. It usually helps. Go easy on the dressing.

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Chris Tarly said:

Many a time, in the days between Christmas and New Year, when I'd get in that foggy, funk of unrelenting fat and sugar intake, I would eat a "bucket" of salad. It usually helps. Go easy on the dressing.

Righto. On bucket of salad days, I like putting canned fruit (Juice, not syrup)  on my salads. Its a nice sweet step down with flavor, not fat. 

• Like 2

Those migraines sound terrible :( I am glad you are feeling better now. My sister has had migraines since early high school. Once even had to go to the emergency room because one got so bad, so I have seen how much it can totally wreck someone's day (or week). Good for you for still accomplishing what you could, but recognizing when you needed to take a break and rest :) finding that healthy balance is so important for long term success, in my opinion.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Aquarii said:

Those migraines sound terrible :( I am glad you are feeling better now. My sister has had migraines since early high school. Once even had to go to the emergency room because one got so bad, so I have seen how much it can totally wreck someone's day (or week). Good for you for still accomplishing what you could, but recognizing when you needed to take a break and rest :) finding that healthy balance is so important for long term success, in my opinion.

Keep up the good work!

My gram had to go to the hospital for a migraine. your poor sis.  Thankfully I never have, but good lord they really can SUCK.  Thank you so much for your supportiveness and positivity. I really needed that today. I was in the middle of a quiet freak out when I got the notification you responded :) 💚

• Like 1

I eliminated my challenge goals except for Earn that dollar because I feel overwhelmed. The house needs a really good cleaning, the yard needs a lot of work, and I have a lot of stories to work on for my job. And I don't feel like doing any of it. I just want to curl up in my bed and cry, but my sheets really need to go in the laundry :)  So I better go do that. 

I cleaned the basement today. It feels okay in here. But I also kinda feel like I could REALLY clean it. So after I clean everything else, I'll probably come back through the house for a deep clean so it's nice and fresh before the cold settles in. Yup. that's satisfying. Plus there are just little things to do, like touching up paint, fixing squeaks and creaks, and figuring out what my nephew peed on in the bathroom that it still smells like urine. 

😕

😂

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I eliminated my challenge goals except for Earn that dollar because I feel overwhelmed. The house needs a really good cleaning, the yard needs a lot of work, and I have a lot of stories to work on for my job. And I don't feel like doing any of it. I just want to curl up in my bed and cry, but my sheets really need to go in the laundry :)  So I better go do that. 

Aww, I have days like that. Some days I just give up and hide under a blanket, but I have found that it is helpful if you find a small task that you feel like you can accomplish quickly and do that. Once that is done, maybe see if there is another small task. If a project feels too big, look for places where you can break it down into smaller tasks and then call each individual task a win when you complete it. I find that very helpful when I am feeling overwhelmed (which is pretty much all the time because I seem to be obsessed with taking on more than I should).

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Aww, I have days like that. Some days I just give up and hide under a blanket, but I have found that it is helpful if you find a small task that you feel like you can accomplish quickly and do that. Once that is done, maybe see if there is another small task. If a project feels too big, look for places where you can break it down into smaller tasks and then call each individual task a win when you complete it. I find that very helpful when I am feeling overwhelmed (which is pretty much all the time because I seem to be obsessed with taking on more than I should).

That’s a solid strategy. I’ve been writing in my journal what I did each day so I can look ahead and schedule the next time it needs done

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Sometimes, cleaning stuff up helps declutter the mind too and I hope this will be your experience. 

Thanks! Me too! I think as I make progress, i’ll feel that way!  It’s just a case of leavimg things for too long and now its gotta be done or else it’ll really look like a haunted house 💚

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Righto. On bucket of salad days, I like putting canned fruit (Juice, not syrup)  on my salads. Its a nice sweet step down with flavor, not fat. 

Yas! With good healthy ingredients you don't need dressing.

I like to just squeeze half an orange sometimes.

And lately I"m topping my salads with grapes, walnuts, and crumbled feta, and with that dressing would ruin it.

Hope you feel better!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chris Tarly said:

Yas! With good healthy ingredients you don't need dressing.

I like to just squeeze half an orange sometimes.

And lately I"m topping my salads with grapes, walnuts, and crumbled feta, and with that dressing would ruin it.

Hope you feel better!

Yeah that salad you described sounds really delicious! Dressing would totally ruin it. 

It's hit home for me that no one has been functioning at 100% around here at home or else I wouldn't be dealing with massive cobwebs.  There's no judgment in that except that I recognize I need to go back to my cleaning schedule and adult responsibilities. You clean things, then those things are clean. It makes sense, and I could use some sense in these crazy times. Give me the power over dust, and I shall rule the infinite of my imagination. ;) 

• Like 3

I make my bed 6 days a week (I skip Sabbath) & I've found that doing that one thing motivates me to do other things. I listened to this speech:

Make Your Bed - Admiral McRaven

& it was life-changing.

It's hard to live with others who don't help in this arena. A regular cleaning schedule helps. I have a semi-simple one which helps a lot. I don't beat myself up if "all the things" don't get done.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

I make my bed 6 days a week (I skip Sabbath) & I've found that doing that one thing motivates me to do other things. I listened to this speech:

Make Your Bed - Admiral McRaven

& it was life-changing.

It's hard to live with others who don't help in this arena. A regular cleaning schedule helps. I have a semi-simple one which helps a lot. I don't beat myself up if "all the things" don't get done.

I have one too, and it's written down and everything. But this last month, I totally neglected it and one week turned into two into a month, and then COBWEBS.  and SPIDERS. Actually we always have spiders, living near the woods. which is why I have a cleaning schedule. bugs are an excellent motivator. But even after I clean it, it just doesn't feel clean ENOUGH. And that's when I know it's time for a good spring cleaning. It may not look different and I may discover that it wasn't really that dirty, but in my head, I'll feel better knowing every part of the house has been thoroughly cleaned. My mom is the same way, and this morning she was like "We have to clean everything" and I said "I KNOW LETS DO THIS!" :D:D:D 

No the thing that bothers me is the weird pee smell in my bathroom that comes and goes. I've cleaned that thing thoroughly, walls to floor. and...

I haven't bleached the trash can. 

I bet it's the trash can. 

I'll be back.

• Like 2