• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Simply Snarkyfishguts

7 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

No the thing that bothers me is the weird pee smell in my bathroom that comes and goes. I've cleaned that thing thoroughly, walls to floor. and...

I'm sorry that I forget...but do you have cats?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I'm sorry that I forget...but do you have cats?

Nope! No pets at all! Mom’s allergic to Dogs and Dad’s allergic to cats. I’m mildly allergic to both of them

i do have two nephews who sometimes think the toilet bowl is more like a suggestion. We’ve had the “no screens in the bathroom” rule set up and that helps.  But there are still misses and sometimes I’m left to poirot it out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

IT WAS THE TRASH CAN. Ugh ugh! Total pee smell. Lol. Everyone can rest easy now, we found the pee smell!

Oh no. We had that last month. (In our case a diaper underneath the liner). It nearly drove us mad!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sciread77 said:

Oh no. We had that last month. (In our case a diaper underneath the liner). It nearly drove us mad!

Yeah I suspect there was a full pull up in the can and maybe the liner got a hole or something. I mean, I'd rather find a pee smell in the bathroom than in another room, y'know? And it was a quick fix once I stopped and realized the one thing I haven't cleaned. I felt like a detective. Detective Nosy, smelling out the culprit!

• Haha 4

I have hurt my ankle somehow, specifically in the achilles area. It hurts when I go down stairs, when I stand too long. It doesn't hurt very badly at all, but resting it would be a good idea. I’d rather get loads done around the house but FOR THE GREATER GOOD, I shall sit with a cup of tea, a good book and rest my ankle. 😂

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I have hurt my ankle somehow, specifically in the achilles area. It hurts when I go down stairs, when I stand too long. It doesn't hurt very badly at all, but resting it would be a good idea. I’d rather get loads done around the house but FOR THE GREATER GOOD, I shall sit with a cup of tea, a good book and rest my ankle. 😂

Feel better. *hugs* &  ⬅one cup of cacao shell tea just for you.

What book?

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, fitnessgurl said:

commenting on fake sugar

sugar always fucks me up royally

On 8/10/2020 at 9:55 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

No the thing that bothers me is the weird pee smell in my bathroom that comes and goes.

Do you/did you have animals?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Feel better. *hugs* &  ⬅one cup of cacao shell tea just for you.

What book?

Thank you!!!

I started reading the second book of Inspector Chopra series because I love the baby elephant. But that got a bit sidetracked by the day's event (MORE TO BE REVEALED)

9 hours ago, Teros said:

sugar always fucks me up royally

Even regular sugar? Me too! I find too many sweets just makes me a cranky ball of anxiety with tons of pimples. I mean. I'm almost 40. I can't be getting pimples like this. :D 

9 hours ago, Teros said:

Do you/did you have animals?

The only animals in my house are animal crackers. My mother does not like anything that requires her cleaning up it's feces. Also everyone in my family is allergic to one animal or another. My brother is the true rebel of the family with TWO DOGS. :D  They are crazy dogs too, but super loveable and snuggly. My brother took both of them in after their original families couldn't keep them anymore. I'm so dang proud of his giant heart. 

BUT FEAR NOT, the pee smell was located and destroyed!

• Like 3

MY POOR MOTHER went to get a new healing cap put on her implant. She's been in the process of getting two implants since last year, but covid caused some delays. So she went Friday and they didn't have the right cap. She went today, and they reopened her incision and had to drill away part of the bone that healed over the implant to insert the healing cap. She texted me "It was awful, please get my prescription and some yogurt."  So I did, plus some extra soft foods and smoothie ingredients

Mom is feeling a LOT better already. She made herself mashed potatoes, and the swelling has gone down a lot. I'm so relieved. 

I didn't rest. I did aggravate my ankle and heel with going down the steps a few times, and I tried to exercise doing different things, and that didn't really work very well either. I'm tired and so feeling a bit discouraged, but everything will be okay in the morning. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

MY POOR MOTHER went to get a new healing cap put on her implant. She's been in the process of getting two implants since last year, but covid caused some delays. So she went Friday and they didn't have the right cap. She went today, and they reopened her incision and had to drill away part of the bone that healed over the implant to insert the healing cap. She texted me "It was awful, please get my prescription and some yogurt."  So I did, plus some extra soft foods and smoothie ingredients

Mom is feeling a LOT better already. She made herself mashed potatoes, and the swelling has gone down a lot. I'm so relieved. 

I didn't rest. I did aggravate my ankle and heel with going down the steps a few times, and I tried to exercise doing different things, and that didn't really work very well either. I'm tired and so feeling a bit discouraged, but everything will be okay in the morning. 

Hugs, hugs, & more hugs!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Hugs, hugs, & more hugs!

HUGS BACK!  I feel so much better today, and so does Mom.  Sleep is amazing!

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

This cracked me up (pun totally intended)!

:D:D I LOVE PUNS. :D 

• Like 1

I earned my dollar today! I woke up and my ankle felt so much better. I'm really happy I got to exercise today. I just feel a lot happier and some of my muscles were already trying to be weak, and I'm like "oh hell no, we gotta WORK"  

I'm going to scrub off a pair of exercise shoes and start doing ringfit with shoes on. I think that might have been part of the problem? I think my feet could use a little more support and cushioning while I'm jogging in place. I'm also going to start getting on the Tarly Hamster Wheel (see: exercise bike) and just try to sweat off some pounds so I'm not stressing out my joints. This week was a good reminder that this is definitely a Big Goal, and I'm okay with that. 

I have a commission to work on today. It's super fun and I can't wait to get started. I don't think I can talk about it yet, but I'm just SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. 

3648294-2020031610062600-02cb906ea538a35

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I earned my dollar today! I woke up and my ankle felt so much better. I'm really happy I got to exercise today. I just feel a lot happier and some of my muscles were already trying to be weak, and I'm like "oh hell no, we gotta WORK" 

Woohoo! Happy for you having a positive start to the day! 😊

• Thanks 1

My dad had a friend from the gym visit him today. They're really good friends, and have a great time together. Dad doesn't go to the gym, because being blind, he touches EVERYTHING. In these pandemic times... So his friends drives up and they drink beer and pepsi and eat a big pizza on the front porch together. And my dad is just so much happier. A little friend time is awesome. :) 

I'm starting this book called "A Wizard's Guide To Defensive Baking" by T. Kingfisher. The main character is magical and her familiar is a sourdough starter. So I'm already totally excited about it. 

And now it's time to put away the screen and get ready for bed. Sleep well, everyone.

• Like 5

I earned my dollar, dammitall.

What a terrible mood I’m in. All day, everything has just felt aggravating and boring and I AM TIRED OF EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY THIS STUPID CORONAVIRUS. 

giphy.gif

EDIT: I DO NOT HAVE COVID, I just want it to go away so I can go to ice cream stands and actual stores and stick my hands in the middle of stacks of towels.  Hence the Yosemite Sam tantrum.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Good morning!

I am in a better mood than yesterday. :)  I wanted to start off right away writing to tell y'all that.  Today I'm earning my dollar, and then I'm going to spend the rest of the day doing creative arts and crafts and not living in Animal Crossing or Ringfit adventure. Like, being an adult or something. :D  

See you later, taters!

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

On 8/10/2020 at 12:53 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’m left to poirot it out. 

Poirot star David Suchet once got so absorbed by character he ... 

what a reference.  When I googled it, the show ended in 2013.  2013!?  I haven't seen that show since the late 80s when my mom watched it along with murder she wrote, columbo, and perry mason.

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Animal Crossing

How is that game?  I've watched a little bit of gameplay and it seems like a hoarding simulator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Teros said:

Poirot star David Suchet once got so absorbed by character he ... 

what a reference.  When I googled it, the show ended in 2013.  2013!?  I haven't seen that show since the late 80s when my mom watched it along with murder she wrote, columbo, and perry mason.

David Suchet was a fun Poirot. He narrates some of the books, as does the actor who played Hastings! 
Kenneth Branaugh plays a darn good one too. 

1 hour ago, Teros said:

How is that game?  I've watched a little bit of gameplay and it seems like a hoarding simulator.

It’s relaxing and slow paced. You can hoard stuff, but I have an island of adorable animals that say cute things and I give them presents and they give me ugly shirts. You catch bugs and fish and give it to an owl who tells you fun facts and Why the bugs are super creepy and vile and it’s just wholesome fun. 

• Like 2

I had a message from a high school buddy T  that one of the moms from our high school days has brain and lung cancer. Which is awful. My best friend K growing up was like a niece to this woman. So I texted my friend K and said “hey, how are you?” And she said “my auntie is so sick!” And we talked for three hours. There was a time when we werent as close and layer we found out a former friend was poisoning our friendship so she would be the special one between us. Well, we aren’t friends with HER anymore, and it was just this incredibly healing conversation. She talked about her auntie, we talked about family, and laughed and shook our heads and she said “I've missed you!”  And I said “me too!” And my parents missed her. So she’s gonna bring her kids up and visit hopefully someday, but we’ll keep talking 

it’s just a really good feeling. Its like the reason sucks, but It brought us together again.  I’m really grateful

• Like 7