• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Simply Snarkyfishguts

On 8/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I just want it to go away so I can go to ice cream stands and actual stores and stick my hands in the middle of stacks of towels. 

So with you on this!

• Like 1

I've started off this new week with a dollar earned. Also, I maintained my weight from last week. Which is wonderful if you really think about how much ice cream and Nutella I've eaten. 

Blarg. I just don't care about anything.

You know what this is? A slump. A down-in-the-dumps slump. A grumpy slump. A feeling frumpy, glum and grumpy, down-in-the-dumps slump. Sit on my rump like a log with a bumpy lump slump. 

:)  I'm going to take a nap. Sleep you later, taters!

• Like 3

I HAD A VERY STRONG ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE AND SOME BREAD AND WATER AND Y’ALLL

WE CAN DO THIS THING OF BEING HEALTHY. FUCK THOSE CHEETOS, WE CAN DO THIS SHIT

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Amazon recommended

Looks awesome.  Also, grats on reconnecting with the friend.

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

A slump. A down-in-the-dumps slump. A grumpy slump. A feeling frumpy, glum and grumpy, down-in-the-dumps slump. Sit on my rump like a log with a bumpy lump slump. 

You stimp stamping?  You a wumpy wuu?

1 hour ago, Teros said:

Looks awesome.  Also, grats on reconnecting with the friend.

thanks! 

1 hour ago, Teros said:

You stimp stamping?  You a wumpy wuu?

Nah, just having fun with rhyming words. And funnily enough, I was  sober for that post! 

But I may have been distracted and put twice the amount of vodka in that drink. I am drinking so much water now. :😂🥴

• Haha 1

Righto So...

VERY sober now.

Right right.  Not embarrassing at all. Or weirdly vulnerable. But it's okay. . So... Right. right. okay.

Ahem.

Um.

Goodnight. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hellloooooooooo!
I woke up early and earned my dollar going for a long walk with mom and we made some decisions about a shared workspace. We’re going to consolidate to create more room. Her computer is so old, and mine takes over most of my table. So we’re donating hers,  and moving my computer to her desk, freeing up my worktable for creating! And she’s going to take her paints out of the too hot garage and bring them to the table and we’ll both share a more functional workspace. We both have access to the computer and traditional tools.  It makes a HUGE difference in how the room feels too. Especially since we filled my car with donated items. Dad and I went to the donation center, and stopped for beer on the way home. 
After all that, I came home and stretched a LOT and man, I remember being 18 and not needing to stretch. Lol I don't mind, 39 is SO much better than 18. 

a good day.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Hellloooooooooo!
I woke up early and earned my dollar going for a long walk with mom and we made some decisions about a shared workspace. We’re going to consolidate to create more room. Her computer is so old, and mine takes over most of my table. So we’re donating hers,  and moving my computer to her desk, freeing up my worktable for creating! And she’s going to take her paints out of the too hot garage and bring them to the table and we’ll both share a more functional workspace. We both have access to the computer and traditional tools.  It makes a HUGE difference in how the room feels too. Especially since we filled my car with donated items. Dad and I went to the donation center, and stopped for beer on the way home. 
After all that, I came home and stretched a LOT and man, I remember being 18 and not needing to stretch. Lol I don't mind, 39 is SO much better than 18. 

a good day.  

Oooh, I like the sound of that shared workspace. It sounds a lot more functional now. I am always a fan of freeing up space, especially for creative stuff :)

• Like 1

Just now, Aquarii said:

Oooh, I like the sound of that shared workspace. It sounds a lot more functional now. I am always a fan of freeing up space, especially for creative stuff :)

Me too! We’re already both moving around in the space, making adjustments. And I work well with other people around. It feels more like art class, right? 💙 only without the pervy teacher who says snobby comments, like “oh THAT’s what you’re doing? If you must” 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Me too! We’re already both moving around in the space, making adjustments. And I work well with other people around. It feels more like art class, right? 💙 only without the pervy teacher who says snobby comments, like “oh THAT’s what you’re doing? If you must” 

Haha, I will take your word for it. I have never taken an art class with a live teacher and other students, lol

• Like 1

My nephew is staying here a couple days. His mom dropped him off tonight and we'll take him home Thursday night. With the coronavirus and the need to quarantine a few times after different events, we haven't had just him up all summer, and usually he stays almost a week. Mom bought all his favorite snacks and we just spent time hanging out tonight and talking, watching TV and eating popcorn and we all said "It's so great you can be here. We've really missed this." and you could see him just glow with the reassurance that we love him a lot. 

I think we all need that reassurance of love, don't we? Doesn't really matter how old we are, it's just good to know you're loved. 

I took a day off from exercising to give my back muscles a break from being so awesome yesterday. Also, I'm really tired. Anyone else just super tired lately? 

• Like 6

Aw, it's so lovely that you let him know how much you like having him around. A lot of the time stuff like that goes unsaid but I agree, people should say it more. 

Good luck hunting the pee for the next few days! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Aw, it's so lovely that you let him know how much you like having him around. A lot of the time stuff like that goes unsaid but I agree, people should say it more. 

Good luck hunting the pee for the next few days! 

OMG YOU HAD TO MENTION THAT! Hahahahahahahaha! I think he just clogged our toilet, so THATS gonna be not awkward later. Lol

• Haha 2

Dollar earned! Went for a walk and it was 60F (15.5 C) outside 💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

I still was sweaty, but not too hot. Life is grand. 

my old computer wont work with monitors anymore. I have to get an adapter to plug the hard drive to my current computer so I can wipe it. Or i can remove the hard drive and smash it with a hammer. What do you recommend, friends? 😆

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I think we all need that reassurance of love, don't we? Doesn't really matter how old we are, it's just good to know you're loved. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

Weigh Day! I weighed 263, which is a pound increase from last week. Not surprising given all the junk I ate while the nephew was here. It was a good visit. 

I  learned that the local elementary school is opening full time with no remote learning options.  It's infuriating, but that's how this town rolls. We have a lot of DT supporters out here, and they really don't think this is real. I'll be taking stock of what we have and replenishing what we're low on to get through 2-3 weeks to be safe.

• Like 3

Lots of hugs!

I've been pleasantly surprised by the school district here - we had an increase in cases, so they went completely virtual, even though the vast majority of the parents wanted to go back in person full-time. One of the school districts just south of us however is going back in person, full time with no mask mandate. I just want to be like, "This, this is why we can't have nice things!"

I'm not sure how your area is, but I know in our area, we are slightly isolated (like, the vast majority of the people in the area don't really leave our county), so for the most part, with travel bans and places closed, we really haven't gotten hit very hard. So this has been skewing the perspective of nearly everyone I talk to (not that I try to bring this up in conversation like, ever, just if it does). 

So solidarity from my end. ❤️ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Lots of hugs!

I've been pleasantly surprised by the school district here - we had an increase in cases, so they went completely virtual, even though the vast majority of the parents wanted to go back in person full-time. One of the school districts just south of us however is going back in person, full time with no mask mandate. I just want to be like, "This, this is why we can't have nice things!"

I'm not sure how your area is, but I know in our area, we are slightly isolated (like, the vast majority of the people in the area don't really leave our county), so for the most part, with travel bans and places closed, we really haven't gotten hit very hard. So this has been skewing the perspective of nearly everyone I talk to (not that I try to bring this up in conversation like, ever, just if it does). 

So solidarity from my end. ❤️ 

We are definitely a small town. No traffic lights, even, and one short main street with a church at the end.  And with the new grocery store coming in AND a Dollar General, there's no need for people to go out too far.  But just a ten minute drive from our town is a racetrack where people come in from all over and camp out and watch the races  (cars and stuff, not horses) and they sit around in groups without masks and then shop at our stores. We also got folks from the city driving through to go to some of the lakes north of us. so even if the locals aren't going far, there are still other people coming in. 😕 

Damn city folk :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've decided to take a few rest days from working out. I'm always tired, the workouts are getting harder and I'm not even pushing myself at this point. I feel like I'm breaking down a little. 

While I'm not working out over the weekend, I want to create a schedule for working, exercise, chores, and free time. Nothing super challenging, but reassuring when I start to worry about when I'm going to do stuff.  I also want to create a nutrition plan that is simple so when stuff comes up like visiting nephews or stressful grocery stores, I can fall back on easy guidelines for myself that don't require an advanced math degree to follow. 

TO THE DRAWING BOARDS! :D 

• Like 6

I found a three pack of clorox wipes at the store, and I bought it. I sat in my car and just collected myself before I drove home, because it's been so hard to find cleaning products. I know that there are cleaning sprays and buckets and I totally grew up in a time before wipes. But they are so convenient  and we'll have enough for MONTHS because it's a THREE PACK.

I'm not going to cry over cleaning products. No, I am not. Deep breaths. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Emma said:

You’re not crying over cleaning products. You’re crying over this whole damn pandemic  thing.

There’s a pandemic?

seriously, I almost cried again reading this, so yeah..you’re right!

13 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wait, truth isn't supposed to hurt.

RIGHT?!

• Like 2