iatetheyeti: emergence ii: the seed redux

iatetheyeti

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So glad you and Sunshine can be there for each other.

So am I. It's taken work to get here, but it's very much worth it.

• Like 4

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

11 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

It's taken work to get here

All relationships that are worth it require work.  Sounds like your's is working they way it should :)   

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

14 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I agree with the tank. I love how you take care of each other! ❤️

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

All relationships that are worth it require work.  Sounds like your's is working they way it should :)   

Still getting used to that! But really, it's incredible how much difference it makes when the work is being put in from both sides.

• Like 4

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

WEEK ONE DAY SIX

Today was definitely a bit of a write-off, but I knew it would be due to what I had planned for today, and that would be this:

I've had this sitting in my sketchbook for years and about a month ago I finally went and booked an appointment for it. Today it happened. I made sure I was well fuelled before going in, not only are tattoos a bit of work but the heat today has been ridiculous. There was a last minute design change. The picture I'd given them was done in solid lines, but after talking it through with the artist and learning about the challenges of rib and side tattoos, elected to go with the dot work design she'd drawn up as an alternative. Very low risk of distortion in that! And also, didn't really hurt much. I was expecting screaming agony after all the stories I've heard about rib tattoos, but this was much like the others.

Afterwards I did some food shopping and headed home to get a good meal in me. I'm still holding on to a little bit of tension from it, but I'm getting up and stretching every so often in order to lessen that as much as I can before going to bed.

Tomorrow I plan to get out to the woods with my camera and have a relaxing day playing about in the trees, building up for a fresh start on Monday.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 3

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! it looks amazing and the story behind it touches me deeply! ❤️

Thanks!

• Like 1

WEEK ONE END

Wow did things not go to plan today. I was getting ready to go out into the forest when I got a call from Sunshine, she'd been let out of work early after having another panic attack. So she ended up coming over and I did my best to help her recovery from. That was followed by walking her home and then meeting her mother, which was a little terrifying. I mean, my own mother doesn't actually like me... Apparently it went well though. And so I walked back home and collapsed onto the sofa because it is HOT.

In a nutshell, this week in general has just not gone to plan. But you know, that's ok. It's all lessons learned.

Next week, however, I'm determined to get things moving a little faster. My workout days will be Monday and Wednesday, my run days will be Thursday and Sunday, my daily learning will be done in the mornings (I'm working six days out of seven next week, all closing shifts), and I will not have any fizzy drinks. My withdrawal symptoms for the medication seem to have passed, so let's go right on ahead and replace that with sugar withdrawal...

Plan for tonight is to relax and refuel, probably something that will include an early night as I am exhausted. It isn't walking six miles that's the problem, it's doing so in this heat. I'd happily do that distance and more in cooler weather!

• Like 4

That tat is great. And the symbolism is perfect. Glad you got it done.

25 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

But you know, that's ok. It's all lessons learned.

Next week, however, I'm determined to get things moving a little faster.

I love the language you use. It's not dismissing and it's not over the top and condemning. 

Way to go!

• Like 3

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

1 hour ago, Terinatum said:

That tat is great. And the symbolism is perfect. Glad you got it done.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Terinatum said:

I love the language you use. It's not dismissing and it's not over the top and condemning. 

Way to go!

It's been years in the making. I used to struggle a lot with being overly critical of myself, and while that hasn't gone away entirely, figuring out the best way to talk to and about myself has helped with that. Some days it's more difficult than others, but then really, so is just about everything, right?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Apparently it went well though.

That's is always a plus! :) 

10 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

so let's go right on ahead and replace that with sugar withdrawal...

I have relapsed a bit on this one, so I will join you in creating some sugar withdrawals

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That's is always a plus! :) 

It's a relief anyway! I've already met her dad, don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but he's actually one of my managers...

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have relapsed a bit on this one, so I will join you in creating some sugar withdrawals

It'll be nice to have some company whilst suffering :lol:

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, iatetheyeti said:

To say things have not gone to plan would be an understatement, yet life happens and all we can do is our best.

This is a great attitude, when life throws things at you sometimes your priorities for the day/week have to change, and that's ok. As you say, all we can do is our best.

I absolutely love your tattoo, so damned cool! ❤️B) And the symbolism of that and the vegvisr are really interesting too.

• Like 1

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge: Year of the Muscle Wizard - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

This is a great attitude, when life throws things at you sometimes your priorities for the day/week have to change, and that's ok. As you say, all we can do is our best.

If I let myself stress over it then things start to go badly for me, so I try my best to keep to this view and put it into practice as much as I can.

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

I absolutely love your tattoo, so damned cool! ❤️B) And the symbolism of that and the vegvisr are really interesting too.

Thanks! It's a good feeling to be able to start doing something with the designs I've built up over the past handful of years. This one absolutely had to be first.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

If I let myself stress over it then things start to go badly for me, so I try my best to keep to this view and put it into practice as much as I can.

I might have to write that down somewhere, I'm expecting a crazy week but stressing certainly won't help.

4 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Thanks! It's a good feeling to be able to start doing something with the designs I've built up over the past handful of years. This one absolutely had to be first.

Are there a lot more designs then? Any hints at what?

• Like 2

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge: Year of the Muscle Wizard - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

Are there a lot more designs then? Any hints at what?

Many more! My next one will be the final part of the 'trilogy' I'm working on, Skuld's Web, and I'm very keen to get the same artist as before working on it with the same style. As for what comes after that, well, we'll have to see. I've got things in various stages of development.

• That's Metal 1

WEEK TWO DAY ONE

Today, unsurprisingly, did not quite go to plan. A combination of crappy weather and crappy sleep did it, but I did get some exercise in by walking to work, and my food hasn't been so bad today. Hydration needs a little work, but I've still got time tonight.

Plan for tonight is to eat and sleep. Tomorrow is a day off and a chance to make things a little better.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I guess both of us will sleep like babies tonight ! :) 

I wish that had been the case for me, I really do! Hopefully you at least slept.

• Like 1

WEEK TWO DAY TWO

I overcompensated on coffee for my sheer lack of sleep and while that worked wonders this morning, I'm crashing now. Long story short, Sunshine stayed last night, woke up with a panic attack, and I stayed up to help her calm down and feel safe enough to sleep again. And then proceeded to not sleep after that out of sheer worry. There's more to it, but that's not my story to tell. It does mean that my plans for today got altered slightly as well. Once she left I puttered about cleaning, and I'm going to rally myself to do a short workout or yoga session later on this evening. Highlight of the day so far was the long anticipated thunderstorm finally rolling into town. There was a short time where it sounded like Taranis himself was sounding war drums in the sky. It was incredible.

Also, a little present to myself arrived:

This may be the only gender related thing I ever answer to now! I love it, couldn't resist it when I saw it.

For this week I've decided it's best if I just play things by ear and do what I can, when I can. There's a chance I'll go for a run tomorrow morning if all goes well and I actually sleep. There's a chance I might not. A few things are happening in the coming days that I didn't expect. Such is life. Luckily for me these goals aren't going anywhere and I'm sticking at them until I succeed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

tell an old German lesbo what gender cryptid means... ????  🤣

Long story short, I'm nonbinary, and given my username here being cryptid focused, I thought it was a very appropriate t-shirt (even if it does have mothman instead of a yeti on it!) :D Heh, no gender, just mystery!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Long story short, I'm nonbinary, and given my username here being cryptid focused, I thought it was a very appropriate t-shirt (even if it does have mothman instead of a yeti on it!) :D Heh, no gender, just mystery!

Thats awesome! Im all for it even if Im to old to understand that much about non binary life. A friend off mine is gender fluid and I love her very much... :)

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

7 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Thats awesome! Im all for it even if Im to old to understand that much about non binary life. A friend off mine is gender fluid and I love her very much... :)

Happy to hear that! Honestly, I'm still figuring some of it out myself, it's a little more complicated than actually subscribing to any given gender. But I'm happy to talk about it if ever you do have any questions :) 

• Thanks 1