cd667's first challenge

2 hours ago, cd667 said:

Yesterday, pretty damned good.

Qigong, walk, loads done.

Today, I am struggling to get started. Which is bad! I want to clear the decks for work so I can have tomorrow off (it's my birthday!).

See you later, nerds.

Do the things!!!!! You got this!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

And today, it is my 43rd birthday. Being 42 has been a rollercoaster. The world was shaken by Covid, my best friend died the day before his daughter's fifth birthday, and I developed diabetes.

I'm a very lucky man to have the opportunity to be here today. Getting older is a real privilege, and one that is denied to many.

I had three blueberry muffins with breakfast. I feel sick as a dog. It is brilliant. :D

So now, I'm going to load up my van, and get out. I am sleeping in a forest tonight. I am drinking some beer, and eating fish and chips. It's going to be amazing! See you in a day or two, friends.

• Like 4

What's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

What's the second best time to plant a tree?

Now.

3 hours ago, cd667 said:

And today, it is my 43rd birthday. Being 42 has been a rollercoaster. The world was shaken by Covid, my best friend died the day before his daughter's fifth birthday, and I developed diabetes.

I'm a very lucky man to have the opportunity to be here today. Getting older is a real privilege, and one that is denied to many.

I had three blueberry muffins with breakfast. I feel sick as a dog. It is brilliant. :D

So now, I'm going to load up my van, and get out. I am sleeping in a forest tonight. I am drinking some beer, and eating fish and chips. It's going to be amazing! See you in a day or two, friends.

Enjoy your trip. Happy birthday!

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks, friends. :D

The night in the forest was great. Here's the thing. I didn't enjoy any of the things I thought I'd be craving. Enjoyed my fish and chips, but didn't want any chips. I had 3 1/2 beers, and I couldn't have any more. I also had two vegan sausage rolls, and discovered that after making my own food for ages, they were incredibly salty.

And this morning, egg cobs (bread rolls to everyone who lives somewhere else). It was great fun to visit "bad" food, but I honestly didn't like it that much. The idea was better than the experience.

Back to my lower carb diet for me.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

20 years ago.

Now.

... which didn't happen. I drank two pints of beer, because they were out of date and quite expensive. I didn't really enjoy them.

Why did I do that? I literally pissed my money away. I could have cut out the middleman and just poured them down the toilet.

Today, qi gong and a nice walk. Maybe a bike ride with Gwin later, if the weather holds out.

• Like 2

20 years ago.

Now.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:27 AM, cd667 said:

Happy Belated Birthday!

I thought I was already following this. I just corrected the problem.

I like your gratitude and positive outlook. I hope you get another 43.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

22 hours ago, cd667 said:

... which didn't happen. I drank two pints of beer, because they were out of date and quite expensive. I didn't really enjoy them.

Why did I do that? I literally pissed my money away. I could have cut out the middleman and just poured them down the toilet.

Oh I know that feeling all to well... But I learned, this "why did I do this?" is the first step to just not buying things like these anymore. 

Have fun riding that bike! :) 

• Like 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6

Terrible night's sleep. My dog was sick. Don't worry, it will be nothing that will last but I had to keep taking him outside to go. And then having to hose him off afterwards. And then, he would shake off all the (hopefully clean) water all over my legs. It's really inconvenient how fluffy he is sometimes.

I have a business trip tomorrow. So I'm doing work around the house today. Weeding my garden, putting up a shelf and burning some confidential paperwork and bits of wood tonight.

It's been a good weekend. I'm not sure I want to go back to work. It may be time to look at other business opportunities. I earn good money but I'm not sure it's worth the constant, low level stress.

• Like 4

20 years ago.

Now.

I normally wouldn't post twice in a day, but I just spent a couple of hours weeding my vegetable plot. I picked a delicious but very ugly cucumber.

And I've just eaten it all.

Wow. A ridge cucumber is so different to the crap you buy in supermarkets. Filling.

• Like 4

20 years ago.

Now.

Business trip today. Two Will instructions plus a signing in people's houses. Sleeping in my van so I don't have to sleep at my dad's. I'm scared of making him ill though.

I am pretty nervous about covid, but these are people that can't see me online for various reasons. And I need the money.

It's going to be hard to eat properly at my dad's. But I need to do so, otherwise I will be stuck with my diabetes. And of course no Max to walk. So I'm putting the bike in my van, so I can still get a workout.

Not sure if I will be able to post, but if not have a great day or two, friends.

• Like 2

20 years ago.

Now.

Epic achievement for weight loss/diabetes control.

I've lost another inch of beer belly. 51.5", whereas when I started a month ago it was 54.9". I also need to put another hole in my belt, because my trousers keep falling down.

I'm certainly feeling better.

That is a little victory I wanted to share with you all.

Goodnight. :D

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

20 years ago.

Now.

4 hours ago, cd667 said:

Epic achievement for weight loss/diabetes control.

I've lost another inch of beer belly. 51.5", whereas when I started a month ago it was 54.9". I also need to put another hole in my belt, because my trousers keep falling down.

I'm certainly feeling better.

That is a little victory I wanted to share with you all.

Goodnight. :D

Congratulations! That sounds like a pretty awesome victory to me! :D

Also, happy belated birthday! 🥳 I'm glad you enjoyed it, even if some of the food wasn't quite what you were expecting. It's weird (and amazing), isn't it? How fast our bodies adjust to going without something we used to crave. And then it's not as good as we remember! I had a similar experience with cake at my son's birthday. We had cupcakes and I was expecting it to be way better than it actually was. The last couple years, we've tried to limit sweets in the house because if it's not in the house, we won't eat it!

I hope your trip goes smoothly. COVID makes everything harder, logistically and mentally and emotionally. Especially when there are high-risk people in your life. :( Wishing you lots of luck and peace of mind!

• Like 1

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

Ahh so this is where you have been hiding! I felt like I knew the gist from your battle log but I really enjoyed the extra detail from this thread. I've left more than a few likes dotted around! I like your extra support wagon here too, I suppose it keeps you that little bit more motivated. Subbing here so I don't miss any more of your adventures!

• Like 1

Got back from work today at 5:00 AM. The road through Oxford was shut, and I had to do a really convoluted route round it. There were a couple of layby naps involved.

Then, work. All day. I've seen two clients, one of whom was very hard work indeed. Kept trying to accuse us of giving him a bad service for a Will we wrote for him ten years ago, when he had a totally different life.

It's over now. And on the bright side, Max is feeling better, so I'm going to start taking him for walks again. Such a relief to have him back!

• Like 2

20 years ago.

Now.

Today also kicking my behind.

Two Wills to write. Lots of things I haven't done. I need to get back control today. The holiday was fun, but it's over now.

But I still want to have more fun! 🙄

• Like 3

20 years ago.

Now.

Oh, I needed that. Decent walk.

Things are looking up after a walk. And I noticed, that my usual short route (2.36 miles according to Mr Google) now takes me 40 minutes, when it used to take nearly an hour. Not stopping to walk up the hills anymore.

Brill!

• Like 7

20 years ago.

Now.