• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

Just Breathe: DJ Trippy T Defeats the Evil Brain Weasels and Achieves Total Enlightenment

Visit with mom went as well as could be expected. Some doctor's appointments, changing light bulbs, shopping etc etc. Really glad to get home late last night and sleep in my own bed. 

Today I have to meet with the Adventure Race people at 10 am, then on the way home I will have lunch at my favorite Vietnamese noodle place. I'll figure out the rest of my day after that. 

This is my favorite description of a weasel thus far. 

2081626427_ScreenShot2020-08-05at6_47_44PM.png.f08ecb8891908ce10118da89f72a2d79.png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Didn’t want to wait for the magic seeds from China?

I didn't get any! I must not be considered subversive enough or something. 

• Like 1

This week has pretty much been trash from a challenge standpoint. 

Hyper weasel: I have not meditated at all, in part because I was at my moms until Tuesday and then Wednesday I had an early meet up with the race people. I was supposed to get up early today and go to the gym but I’m still in bed at 7:30 so I’ll meditate this morning. 

Sleep weasel: okay sleep last night and night before. I feel like a bucket of nails this morning though (which is why I’m not at the gym, someone turned up the gravitational force of my bed I swear)

Multitasking weasel: a complete frazzle. 

Boundaries weasel: this is about the same. The Mantis wanted to hang out yesterday and I told him no because I was just fried, so that is something. 

I got in a couple of workouts while I was at my mom’s but I haven’t since I got back, but that was at midnight Tuesday so I probably should not beat myself up too badly there. My OMAD plan is completely in the toilet and my habit tracker is sad and empty. Just like my soul. No, I kid, I’m just super tired today and the house is wrecked but I will borrow some fortitude from somewhere (possibly Sloth) and get through today. Then tomorrow will be easier and then I have the weekend off, which, praise Sheba because  I really need it. 

28E684E3-1A2E-4133-A93B-0472D0DECE90.gif

• Like 3

I had a really good weekend, I got some good sleep and I took saturday almost completely off; I did some desultory domestic rangering and I had to answer two work emails for about 15 minutes in the evening. I know I said I wasnt' going to touch any work stuff on saturday but I saw them come in (looked at the work phone, bad idea) and it was stressing me out more to ignore them than to take the ten minutes to answer them. Then I had an ice bath - I haven't had one of those in forever, so refreshing. Had to choose to ignore that the bathtub has a soap ring, which I would normally feel compelled to clean pre-bath. 

Sunday I did a nice hike at Stone Mountain, and I took a couple of rest breaks during it so I could feel like I got my forest meditation in. I felt surprisingly good on the hike and did about a mile more than I planned.

Yesterday, Monday, was also pretty good. I have a lot on my list and I didn't get it all done but I felt good about the day. 

Hyper weasel: I did a decent meditation in the morning, and I started writing a 20 minute break at lunchtime to do my forest bathing (which is really just me sitting on the patiio looking at the trees; I sound like such a stoner)

Sleep weasel: Went to bed too late and had crazy dreams; I think it's the magnesium supplement I've been taking. But still, I feel rested. 

Multitasking weasel: yesterday was really frazzled, the tv series about adventure racing came out over the weekend and so everybody and their brother now wants to be an adventure racer. The work phone rang off the hook and the emails were non-stop. Still, it's good for business. 

Boundaries weasel: this is still pretty good, I am getting really good about keeping my phone off till 9 am and it makes a huge difference. I also added a "forest bathing/meditation" block to my schedule as that's the thing I keep missing; I usually work thru lunch so I put it there. 

I had some over-acheiving struggles this week because I found out that an adventure race I've been wanting to do in October is still on; I really want to do it, but it's a chunk of cash and I have to find a mountain bike. I firmly decided last week that I wasn't going to do it - I want to get my dive certification at the end of this year, and I want to put all my money and effort toward that. I told the Mantis that I was absolutely, 100% NOT doing it, but over the weekend I waffled. I feel like I'm going to hate myself if I don't do it, because I don't have that many opportunities to do these races; the company I work for owns most of the ones within driving distance, so I can't do those, and I'm not into them enough to drive long ways to do them. The race guys have offered to lend me a mountain bike, so I wouldn't spend any money on that. It's in asslick, Alabama somewhere, so I'd need to make a weekend of it (not neccesarily a bad thing)

I need to be in really good shape for for my dive thing, so what better way to get fit than have a training goal, right? I'm so conflicted. 

Also, this race has a rappel where you end by jumping into a lake and swimming to the kayaks. How the fuck do I turn that down? 

Yesterday I did a crossfit workout called Sham, which is 7 rounds of 11 deadlifts and a run. I made it five rounds and tapped out, mostly because I went with a heavier deadlift than usual (120 rather than 110). 55 deads at that weight is a lot. I felt really good afterward, though; it felt like I knocked some rust off the chassis and got really working.

turn the sound low, the theme music is SO ANNOYING

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Is this the race you did before or a new one? Will I see lots of mountain biking in the new challenge?

- it’s a totally different one, with a different set of organizers 

- I can see what your vote is going to be, were I to take votes

I forgot to mention that my reward for last week - although it wasn’t super successful - was more plants for my butterfly garden. They won’t come for a few weeks though. My seeds from the previous week arrived but I haven’t planted them yet - I’ll probably save some for spring and only start a couple from the passionflower vines. 

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Will I see lots of mountain biking in the new challenge?

oh snap I just found out the "old, extra bike" that the race guys are lending me is a titanium bike with full suspension. I may have to do the race now, as I'll never ride a bike that nice again.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

I had to immediately think of you when I saw this... Take it as a compliment!

I just laughed so hard I almost passed out

• Like 1

Just now, deftona said:

Did you know that some people are tattooing their horrible cats that look like genitalia?

That cat is obviously a Yakuza Warlord, and when it's done with you, you will have paid your debts AND be missing a finger.

• Like 1

Look at this adorable little weasel THAT HAS ALL OF IT'S FUR

LET'S STAY ON TOPIC HERE PEOPLE 

Also, if I have not suggested this already, I vote to call weasels "murder mice"

1551164781_ScreenShot2020-08-18at4_48_18PM.png.833033c55486dc26eef30221e4f298b0.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

That cat is obviously a Yakuza Warlord

I mean, it could be, but I think it's just a furious cock. 

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Full-suspension Ti? They didn’t have anything nice to loan you? I’ll need more information of course.

shit. that is three degrees nicer than anything I will ever own. I'll pick it up in a week or two and send you a picture 

This week, holy fuck, where has it gone. 

I'm just going to grade the days, I can't even keep up with anything. 

Tuesday: definitly a 3,  and it was just a lot. At least I didn't have anything shoved up my nose that day.  The phone is still ringing off the hook because of the show. 

I did a good workout of stadium step laps that made me question most of my life choices, so that was good. 

ETA: I forgot that I took a warm bath after my workout, because I was jealous of Deffy's bath. Might actually be nicer than the ice bath, except for some reason my cat sat on the edge of the tub staring at me the whole time, and all I could think of was the disasterpants result if he fell in.

okay, I don't mean to be sexist here or plug something I'm working on, but you all know that I work for an adventure race company that has a team that was on a TV show that came out this past weekend that was a ten-day adventure race in Fiji (yes, that Fiji, where the water comes from) and since that came out all our phones, emails and facebook has been BLOWING UP with people who saw the show and now want to be adventure racers. Which is AWESOME! especially since it means I might keep my job. The show made the race look super sexy despite the fact that people were breaking their toes and getting hypothermia and someone got trenchfoot so badly that they had to be evacuated by air, which is just, WT-ACTUAL-F, but - 

every WOMAN who is calling is like, yeah, I'm a triathlete and I've done a bunch of spartans and I want to get into this, do you have any training suggestions and what are some small races I can cut my teeth on, etc etc...

every MAN is like, yeah, I played in two basketball games last summer and my brother ran high school track (twelve years ago) and we're putting together a team to try to qualify for (insert race tv show name). Do you know where we could get a third person?

So my big, penis-wearing question is, how have enough men survived this impulse throughout history that there are even still two genders? 

Wednesday was busy but okay. I got a lot done and I had my nose swabbed AGAIN, just to be compulsive, and I swear to god this time the guy actually touched my vocal cords with the swab. Both my test came back negative this morning so tomorrow afternoon I go to mom's but I essentially can't go anywhere until then (I mean, maybe the grocery store, or for a hike, but not anywhere around people). All of this obsessive testing is largely pointless because my boyfriend manages a restaurant and is exposed to a bunch of people every day, so it's not like he couldn't catch it and bring it home at any moment, but it gives me some illusion of control.

I planned to do a track workout because I have to start running again if I'm going to do this race in October, but I did one lap and one set of squats and then the sky opened up (I knew it would, it looked like the sky over the Dana's penthouse in "Ghostbusters" before I even got there) and then I went to pick up dinner at a new BBQ place I wanted to try, but it was closed, and then I went to my favorite chicken wing place, and there was a line 30 cars deep, and I wound up eating drive thru from Sonic. Not looking forward to putting THAT through the calorie counter. 

Anyway, Wednesday was a 2 until the BBQ place was closed. I didn't really want to run anyway. 

Today is Thursday, because that is how calendars work, and I started the day in a zoom meeting with my boss where he announced he plans to expand to 5 more races per year, all in Florida, which ratcheted up the old blood pressure a bit, but it looks like he may hire another person to manage those races who is down there, so it will probably be okay. Honestly I wouldn't mind handling them if I could get a raise. But I'd never have a day off again and that might be bad.           

I will probably try to run today if it doesn't rain, otherwise I'll do something at home. Next week I can start going to the gym again because I wont' have to be around my mom for about three weeks and our gym is pretty small and they limit how many people can work out at a time, and I can try to go a couple of days in the early morning when it's almost empty. 

[breathes deeply] 

okay I'm caught up now. 

ETA: No, wait, I forgot to mention I did inverted rows on Tuesday and by yesterday the DOMS in my chest was so bad I thought I'd somehow gotten implants while I was sleeping. It's almost gone today but it hurt like a bitch. 

okay, NOW I'm caught up.

501042312_ScreenShot2020-08-20at1_21_06PM.png.249e224d94a825747e9e913549cf3055.png

• Like 2