Alurons quest!

Aluron

Hey everybody, I decided to join in since I love the site and thought this would be great as added motivation!!

Goals (28 days):

-Drop a couple inches round the stomach.

-Be ready for my own cruise, lol!

-eat heatlhy in proper portions

-not miss a workout

-increase overall muscle mass

Goals (in the future):

-get down to 7% body fat for Spartan costume

-be ready for the Warrior Dash

-Get a Impressive 6 pack, lol

-greatly increase muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness!

Stats:

Height: 6'8"

Weight: 255 lbs

Waist (around navel): 40 in

Pant size: 36/38

Chest: 49 1/2"

Bicep: 15"

Forearm: 11 1/2"

Neck: 18 1/2

Thighs: 27 1/4"

Calves: 15"

Now my workouts are mainly home based for most of the week. I do the Beachbody Insanity program, which is intense cardio and crossfit training. Each workout lasts for about a hour (if I dont a ab workout, which tacts on a extra 20 mins) but I try to hit the gym on my off days to get in a muscle workout and do special workout challenges from another site I'm a part of (300dc.com). My diet is pretty good. I dont touch candy at all, I drink one diet coke a day and the rest is water. My diet is also pretty protien heavy, using protien bars, whey mix, and lots of lunch meats lol.

For Today:

Already cleared my first workout! Did the Insanity Pure Cardio workout as well as Cardio Ab's, and have Ciruit Cardio later on tonight. Gonna look around my area for a rock climbing gym too (cause when was the last time you saw a fat climber... I mean really). Other than that, my diet has been good (got a ham sandwhich with my name on it), and I think I;ve gotten one of my friends to believe that if I just stick my hand into my fridge, the fridge itself makes my sandwhich for me lol (makes everything night before). But you'll see progress shots soon, so I'll talk to you all later!

I hate running and I am so excited for the warrior dash, it's going to be epic.

Finally m00se has another tall guy to talk to! His imaginary friends must have been getting bored. :lol:

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Day 2 for me is going smoothly! Did Plyometric Cario Circuit this morning (50mins for the workout then added 15 for extra stretching), which was brutal. Alot of sports drills which included jumping (which led to me hitting my head on the fan.. not fun). Gonna also head to the gym (or at least try to) for a workout challenge from my spartan friends, so fun times!

And we all know you're just jeleous of our height Steve, lol!

Day 2 for me is going smoothly! Did Plyometric Cario Circuit this morning (50mins for the workout then added 15 for extra stretching), which was brutal. Alot of sports drills which included jumping (which led to me hitting my head on the fan.. not fun). Gonna also head to the gym (or at least try to) for a workout challenge from my spartan friends, so fun times!

And we all know you're just jeleous of our height Steve, lol!

Sigh, I know.

I'm going to go cry in the corner :(

-S

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Alot of sports drills which included jumping (which led to me hitting my head on the fan.. not fun).

We had low ceilings in my house growing up. When I had to come in for curfew, mom would leave the ceiling fan on low, so she knew when I'd come home. (She knew I wouldn't turn the lights on, because they would shine out the window and reflect into their room.) Their room was right above the fan. :3

Yay, low ceilings and me are not friends, lol!

Last night/morning, due to sleep cycle issues and getting back into the work week, I switched my days around and did Cardio Recovery (light cardio but heavy stretching) so I could get some extra rest before work. So tonight when I go home I have Cardio Resistance (probably one of my favorite days for some reason, lots muscle workouts included with cardio)! I definitly feel lighter and tighter since I've begun working with more cardio, so I gotta keep it up and push a little harder to lose my midsection and love handles!! Pics forthcoming!

hey everyone, its suppose to be a rest day, but since I missed a workout I added in Carido and Resistance (my favorite workout by far lots of pushup like stuff in addition to cardio). I've noticed my back gets crazy when I do the power jumps (and jumps like it), but as long as a go slow sometimes and keep in under control I keep the issue to a minimum. Now my shins are another story, since they've started hurtin over the last couple days. I had really bad shin splints in the army, so I hate to think these are those same ones, but I make sure after the workouts to do additional stretches and to massage the knee and shin areas to give myself a little comfort. Got a appointmet at the hospital coming up for them to see if I can go to a chiropractor to see wha they can do (either that or more spinal injections.... no thank you). But I'm still pushin hard, feeling the burn in my calfs and thighs (which i swear are getting bigger), and even my tri's (which are starting to look more defined, at least to me). but gotta cut this post short, gotta be up early to go look at a house today, then back to work!

Yesterday Was Pure Cardio and today was Cardio Resistance, and it is down! Yay. Althought I really laid into my arms and shoulders today, since I felt they weren't getting enough love. Shin is still acting up, but at least my back wasn't as bad. I did notice on accident that I went down from pants size 38 to 36! I only realized when I put on a pair of 36's on the way to work (haven't worn them since I got out of basic haha), so at least I can tell change iis happening! I cant wait til I need a belt cause they're too loose in the waist! Also I hope I dont shun my workouts due to my games I just bought (damn you nerdiness!!!!) Also need to incorperate more pull-ups into my workout for my 300dc challenge (lots of deadlifts and hanging from a pull up bar), cause I got bragging rights on the line!!

3/10: Pure Cardio

3/11: Cardio reistance with addition ab workout

3/12: Another Pure cardio day, but instead of doing the dvd, I went on a 2 mile run around a lake....... I suck so much, but the burn was sooooo good!

3/13: I managed to finish up Pure Cardio last night (lake run), but my second workout (Cardio Resistance) was put on hold. I decided it wouldn't help me too much to keep pushing my legs with the pain in my shins. So instead I did 30 minutes of extra stretching and took the muscle relaxers I recieved from my doctors. I'm still feeling it a bit, but it's definitely benifited from the extra rest. So there will be cardio resistance tonight.

Also this monday starts my Core and Balance week (feeling like I want to replace some of the workouts with Cardio resistance so I dont go into phase 2 feeling weeker due to the rest time I needed). I will definitely be adding in ab ripper x to power up my core for the final month, cause I know I'm going to need it.

Also, not sure how (especially with all the rest I've been taking), the size 36 I just started wearing again is already becoming extremely loose. When I made the last post about it I could barely fit two fingers in the extra space, now I actually need a belt, haha (and thats without even flexing my stomach). I'm guessing the Beach Body Metabolism vitamins are helping out a bit (need to go grab some more food though pretty soon, cause I'm running a bit low on the meats, although I have enough peanut butter for a little while). I also found out Mango's are natures candy (had one back when I was in mexico when I was 5, and couldnt believe I haven't had one since then, cause it was awesome and serves well as a treat for a job well done.

Even with the pain in my shin, I've been keeping up with my excercises to increase my strength for the triada challenge with Airborne (gotta look my best haha), and definitely getting some good results. On another note, my jumping power has shot thro the roof since starting Insanity (which had me worried I may actually hit the ceiling and not just the fan attached to it haha). My diet has been fairly constant, and shakeology, powerbars, and protein drinks replace the meals I miss. I drink water Like its my second job, but if I do need some flavor every now and then, I only touch diet drinks, and even then very rarely (the only other drink of flavor is my V8, which i have like 8 bottles on hand all over the house haha). My friends have noticed a change for the better, although I cant seem to talk many of them into trying the Insanity with me (mainly 2 at the moment), but they look out for my and slap my hands when they stray too close to the foods i shouldn't be staring at so longingly. But I'm doing my best, for myself as well as to uphold the faith you guys show in me, and should be rerady for my appointment in may to see if I'll be medically ready for a deployment to iraq/afghanistan through my company. Wish me luck. Anwyay, i'll probably drop a post or two on here before the nights out (ahhh, i do love night shift), but all you guys have fun out there!

Took down Cardio Resistance last night, finishing up my first month of Insanity trainning. I'm suppose to be doing all Core and balance trainning this week in preparation for moving to the next phase, but I may have to switch it up and bit.

Also happened across a Cross-fit center and will try and look up come classes to send a shock to my system. Anyone else out there done it? Any ideas about it, comments, like or hate??

Today was a semi rest day. After work I was drained, and all I could think of was bed. This could have been due to lack of rest or nutrition the day before. So I gave my body what it demanded. I will pick up the workout I missed tho after work (since its only a half shift). Hopefully everyone else on there is closing in on their goals!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines