• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

foxinthenorth

Fox and the Workout

Work is getting busier and busier and more and more stressful for my husband, so he will be joining me in this workout plan. That's good for my motivation and consistency!

I will do at least a little bit of yoga every day, and the workout plan includes two strength/muscle focused workouts, one cardio workout, and two runs each week. On weekends, I'll just do my bit of daily yoga. For the most part, I plan to follow Yoga With Adriene's monthly calendar. (Workouts are cherry-picked from P90X3.)

I will also be continuing my meditation streak, and tentatively increasing my meditation time by one minute each week.

Full workout plan in the spoiler...

Spoiler

Day Date Activity
Sunday 07/26/20 Yoga only
Monday 07/27/20 15 min run
Tuesday 07/28/20 Total Synergistics
Wednesday 07/29/20 CVX
Thursday 07/30/20 The Warrior
Friday 07/31/20 15 min run
Saturday 08/01/20 Yoga only
Sunday 08/02/20 Yoga only
Monday 08/03/20 20 min run
Tuesday 08/04/20 The Challenge
Wednesday 08/05/20 CVX
Thursday 08/06/20 Eccentric Lower
Friday 08/07/20 20 min run
Saturday 08/08/20 Yoga only
Sunday 08/09/20 Yoga only
Monday 08/10/20 20 min run
Tuesday 08/11/20 Isometrix
Wednesday 08/12/20 CVX
Thursday 08/13/20 PilatesX
Friday 08/14/20 20 min run
Saturday 08/15/20 Yoga only
Sunday 08/16/20 Yoga only
Monday 08/17/20 25 min run
Tuesday 08/18/20 Total Synergistics
Wednesday 08/19/20 CVX
Thursday 08/20/20 The Warrior
Friday 08/21/20 25 min run
Saturday 08/22/20 Yoga only
Sunday 08/23/20 Yoga only
Monday 08/24/20 30 min run
Tuesday 08/25/20 The Challenge
Wednesday 08/26/20 CVX
Thursday 08/27/20 Eccentric Lower
Friday 08/28/20 30 min run
Saturday 08/29/20 Yoga only
Sunday 08/30/20 Yoga only
Monday 08/31/20 30 min run
Tuesday 09/01/20 Isometrix
Wednesday 09/02/20 CVX
Thursday 09/03/20 PilatesX
Friday 09/04/20 30 min run
Saturday 09/05/20 Yoga only

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

On 7/27/2020 at 3:11 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

that hidden sheet is the sh!t! * admires so much accountability* ;) Happy Challenge!

Thanks! If I have to think about what workout I'm going to go, the chances of it not happening go way up! This way, I just wake up, check the sheet, and go.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:55 AM, Ann of Vries said:

What a great spreadsheet! Sorry your husband is having a hard time, but it must be nice to have a workout partner for a while! 

Yeah! Thanks. I definitely do better when we workout together. The hard times will pass...

On 7/27/2020 at 5:35 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along.

Thaaaaaanks! Maybe I'll talk about coffee from time to time 😛

On 7/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, Elastigirl said:

Very awesome challenge!

Thanks!

On 7/27/2020 at 8:24 AM, Novaurora said:

Love this!  So here for it!

Thank you!

--

Did a smol yoga yesterday, as the light was fading...our power was out until 9pm. ☹️ Did my 15-minute run in the morning, and 5 minutes of meditation in the afternoon when I was stressing out. It didn't really help, but maybe the cumulative effects of my efforts to meditate daily will pay off over time.

This morning's workout was very welcome as I woke up super grumpy. I also did my meditation before starting work, but it was a rough 5 minutes. I essentially forgot I was meditating at one point.

Oh well. Most of the point is to keep trying, I think.

Happy Tuesday, y'all.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

I also did my meditation before starting work, but it was a rough 5 minutes. I essentially forgot I was meditating at one point.

I feel this struggle.  It is my life.  Do you go it alone or do guided meditations?

17 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I feel this struggle.  It is my life.  Do you go it alone or do guided meditations?

It's not guided throughout, the app gives me instructions and an opening prayer or scripture at the beginning and then a start and end time gong. It was getting easier, a couple weeks ago, I made it the full five minutes almost every time, but I seem to have gone backwards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Maybe I ought to try some guided ones until I get out of this uber stressful work time?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

Pretend there is something here...my phone won't let me get rid of it, lol

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200730-054156.thumb.jpg.5a6c8426a94b5009c3d409ef252b34ca.jpg

Screenshot_20200730-054239.thumb.jpg.e93a81860a828601ed3d2a94f37f0688.jpg

(I clicked, taking a break)

If you want to try a few, I use a free app called "simple habit." It does want you to pay for things, but there are enough free mediations to make it work.  The nice feature is it has a wheel (pictured above, because my phone is being difficult, in spoiler) and it gives you a few options depending on what you click on and how much time you have) and they are all free.

Screenshot_20200730-054156.jpg

(My phone has also decided to put this picture here and not let me delete it.  I guess it's mad that I'm up before 6 am )

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

for me its guided meditations when Im stressed... it helps me to calm down... :)

I'll give it a try!

6 hours ago, Novaurora said:

If you want to try a few, I use a free app called "simple habit." It does want you to pay for things, but there are enough free mediations to make it work.  The nice feature is it has a wheel (pictured above, because my phone is being difficult, in spoiler) and it gives you a few options depending on what you click on and how much time you have) and they are all free.

Thank you! I'll definitely check this app out!

• Like 1

Workouts are going fine so far, but I've decided I really need to revamp my morning routine. I need to get out of bed when my alarm goes off cuz as long as I'm in bed, I'll fall back asleep. I know I can't roll out of bed and immediately start working out, but without a plan as to what to do in the intervening time, I just feel like I'm wasting time, and then I feel like I'm running late because I overslept. I used to get out of bed and put my husband's tea on, so I think if I get up as soon as the alarm goes off and keep moving, grind my coffee and put the tea in the pot, that should wake me up enough to do my meditation, and then it's been about fifteen minutes and I can move to the workout.

Which probably means it's time to put an alarm clock in the living room. ITS FOR THE BEST!

Side note, doing so much yoga has helped me figure out how to shift my weight so the pressure on my wrists isn't so bad when doing planks and push ups. They're still finnicky and hurt from time to time, but it's definitely not as bad.

Happy Thursday, errybody!

• Like 1

Morning routine is sometimes hard for me too....

Good luck with putting the clock elsewhere!

Have a great day ❤️ xx

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Morning routine is sometimes hard for me too....

Good luck with putting the clock elsewhere!

Have a great day ❤️ xx

I hope you're having a good day, too, Sal!

I put the clock in the living room but the alarm wasn't turned on. 😂I have it set to go off in between my husband's alarm and his snooze, so when his snooze alarm went off I knew something had gone wrong, so I didn't get up as early as I would have had the alarm gone off, but I got up after ~10 minutes because I wanted to know why I couldn't hear my alarm ringing.

I got a 15 minute run in and started work early! It's our second-to-last summer half day Friday, and I have a small list of chores to accomplish before rewarding myself with some takeout from our favorite Greek restaurant. 😋I know I need more veggies in my life right now but I have a weakness for their taverna fries (herbed fries topped with shredded braised lamb, tzatziki, and pickled vegetables) so I might go for that with an extra side of pickles....or a salad...they make a really good salad called, I think, horiatiki? but I haven't been in the mood for salads for ever, so we'll see.

• Like 3

All right, anybody got fun drink recommendations I can use as streak bonuses to keep up the mojo this time around?

Any kind of rec is welcome. I have a fairly extensive liquor cabinet and usually stock vitamin water, la croix (although I think we’re down to our last cans), and mini cans of Dr Pepper. I also have coffee and a collection of teas. Any mix match recipe of any of those would be fun, and I’m walking distance from a boba place if anybody’s got a favorite boba. 

• Like 1

I'm doing a mid-challenge course correction and gonna change things up!

First of all, I'm kinda bored with this. I don't have a Thing I want as a prize (and my prize from last challenge was too big, so I'm waiting for the xs to come back in stock) and I don't have any Goals, I was just trying to work out consistently. I'm fine with consistency being a trudge now and then, but I'm losing interest in posting because it doesn't really feel like a challenge.

Second of all! We bought a scale and it arrived yesterday so I weighed myself for the first time who knows how long and guess what? My fasted morning weight is...wait for it...110.9 lbs.

You know how people can get a distorted view of their body and think that they're fat when they're not? I have a different problem. I think I'm solid and athletic, but I'm actually a small delicate human with spaghetti noodles for limbs and every once in a while I look at myself in the mirror and see a photo of myself and *gASP* how am I so scrawny?? (can I blame it on being born 6 weeks premature? hahahaha)

I had a brief fascination with being skinny in high school because I was under the impression that boys hung out with my quiet blonde blue eyed friend because she was skinny and pretty and mysterious, and I guess I landed on being tiny as The Key, never mind that I dressed like a boy, refused to wear makeup, and am loud and a chronic oversharer. Shortly after that I started actually exercising and realized having some kind of physical competency was way more interesting than weighing a certain number so that was short lived. But 4-5 years ago, when I did weight lifting for the first time, I realized that when I gain muscle, I gain weight, and weight, for me, became something of a valuable metric again.

Just one that I never was even halfway serious about. 

So anyway. Husband also weighed himself and I knew he'd finished setting up the scale because I heard a loud, drawn out "NOOOOOOOOOOO" from the other room as he got a number on his Pandemic Weight Gain. Since he's not thrilled about his weight starting with a 2, we're gonna make some diet changes which means this is a good time to....

EAT FOR GAINZ.

Do I have a plan? No, not yet! I'll figure that out later!

I just wanted to post something...

• That's Metal 1

It's a MF'ing ass to do, but a full week of recording everything in something like MyFitnessPal will give you insight on what things you have to work on. As a bonus you will probably already make changes for the better, that's this nice little side effect you get from keeping score and just mindful eating. And I know it's easy to say but the weight on the scale does not reflect the way you look.

I am about 5KG lighter than I was last year but I still look the same, all the muscle I build with powerlifting are gone, and I now am a pretty fit runner but with the same physique, just this chubby 40 year old that can run a marathon in under 2h. I'm gonna start lifting again, now is a great time. No need to worry about the summer body, just get strong AF!

Curious to see how you will progress!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

It's a MF'ing ass to do, but a full week of recording everything in something like MyFitnessPal will give you insight on what things you have to work on. As a bonus you will probably already make changes for the better, that's this nice little side effect you get from keeping score and just mindful eating. And I know it's easy to say but the weight on the scale does not reflect the way you look.

I am about 5KG lighter than I was last year but I still look the same, all the muscle I build with powerlifting are gone, and I now am a pretty fit runner but with the same physique, just this chubby 40 year old that can run a marathon in under 2h. I'm gonna start lifting again, now is a great time. No need to worry about the summer body, just get strong AF!

Curious to see how you will progress!

My husband gave me permission to measure everything! (yayyyy! but I gotta be sure not to get annoying with it all, hah) It is a massive pain to actually capture everything (I've tried before), but we can pull it off for a week to get our baseline.

Also YES on the weight on the scale not reflecting appearance. I'm a big believer in performance being the best metric for physical goals. Going for a weight or even appearance goal is new territory for me, and I do have genetics/body type stacked against me, so I'm still planning to keep tabs on performance.

I'm thinking I'll use bodyweight exercises as markers for progress (squats, push ups, and pull ups). My upper body tends to be kinda weak but also gains muscle the quickest. For lower body, we have two 20lb dumbbells so I can easily weight the squats as needed.

According to the calculator on Staci's building muscle for women post, my TDEE is 1876, and my target for 1/2lb per week gains should be 2126 calories eaten per day. Husband's TDEE comes in at 2962, and 1lb per week loss puts him at 2462 calories eaten per day. TBD as to what that's going to look like in day to day meals.

I think I'm gonna have to start measuring tomorrow though because I decided to have some of the fated Cheese Its for a snack and didn't measure them first. 😆