19 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Make sure you take before and after pics of everything you modify i would LOVE to see it!

Okay, here you go.

It's first try-on, so there is only lamp shell and speedo without covers, but it already shows big (at least for me) difference in moto's silhouette. If not the indicators, I'd put speedo even lower and toward the frame head. Maybe I can modify it (or rev meter) and put indicators inside 🤔

sbs1.thumb.jpg.b20b55821110febdc79f90adee8d62dd.jpg

Anyway - I will leave it this way for now. Some more "pouncing" look I will get by shortening the fork, but that's more work than reattaching stuff in different places. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2
On 8/5/2020 at 1:32 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

looks great!

so check this out

Spoiler

DSC_2161.thumb.JPG.04982341aecb61aa05ee4949b5dd9128.JPG

DSC_2163.thumb.JPG.4c817b58cd5ffba5a58c223dc7ec767b.JPG

Position is okay (no problem in leaning forward). One thing I need to change is steering bar. The angle of handlebars makes me flex the wrists a bit too much, which is uncomfortable in the longer run. I will not go into clip-ons because the tank is too wide and handles will hit it. The choice is between flat/straight bar and Clubman style. One will be higher (handles above the tank), the other will resemble clip-ons, but further in the front (more distance to the tank).

• That's Metal 1

Pretty aggressive and aerodynamic modifications. I'm personally against clip on handles anyway, but the current ones kinda make it look like a puppy with droopy ears :D Would go with straight, but clubman style sounds more like what you're aiming for stylistically overall.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm personally against clip on handles anyway, but the current ones

Current set aren't clip-ons. It's original bar installed upside down :)

But looking where handles are now, this setting resembles clip-on position quite well. 

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

puppy with droopy ears

My first thought was Eeyore from Weenie-the-Pooh :)

• Haha 1

In short words... AAARGH!

In more elaborate way:

The live gets the best of me lately. There is so much put on me (by myself and others) I start to feel numb to all this stuff. 

Last two weekends I spent driving across the country to my Sister, first to drive her home and now to install some fitness equipment. I know she can't find anyone to do it for her, but losing two weekends in a row when there is stuff to do at home is... meh.

Today I had to cancel my therapy, because my Dad finally found (used) car that meets his requirements, so we need to go there to check it. And the only way to get there on time is to go there right after I leave work. 

I really need some time to take care about myself and my closest surroundings (for example - I haven't vacuumed my living room in 3 weeks now...), but day by day, there is evergrowing list of things that needs to be done ASAP. 

• Like 2
On 8/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

you get this weekend for yourself

Well, nope. But that's okay. It's called "life" and it kicks you in the ass all the time. Gotta get used to it. 

To be honest, I'm more concerned about Liz well-being right now than myself. And it's so frustrating I can't really do anything to help her :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just chiming in to keep my goals true. 

I do my S&S routine, I eat well. I don't do anything more fitness-wise, but what I do is good enough. 

Unwinding is hard. But I do my best to have at least some time (even 15 minutes is good) doing joyful stuff. Not daily (sadly), but couple days a week is somewhat manageable.

I'm already counting days till weekend - at Sunday we leave for our family vacation in highlands. gf-Xuj9-UMTh-Ewuh_czorsztyn-ruiny-zamku-fot-agnieszka-i-wlodek-bilinscy-664x442-nocrop.jpg

We're going there :D 

And on our way home we stop by at Cracow for our Family OCR :D :D

P.S.

I'm experimenting with simple carb intake before and right after the training. After four sessions it looks like even two or three cookies :devilish: half an hour before training helps with performance. 

• Like 1

Hey aramis, i hope you can understand that you ARE helping. Just knowing i can come here and write to you, and know you will send love. I feel your cuddles and i appreciate the warmth and support. So thank you for that. 

The holiday pic looks incredible - i hope we get some snaps. How long you there for? Will hope you get good weather. 

Love to you xx

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey aramis, i hope you can understand that you ARE helping

I'm more than happy you feel it this way. I'm quite direct IRL, so knowing how tough stuff you are going through right now makes me feel the need to hug you in person. But that's... ermm... logistically complicated

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

How long you there for? Will hope you get good weather. 

We're going there for a week. Forecasts look promising - only two days might get some rain, the rest should be sunny. 

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Thank you, I hope we will :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last day at work before vacation... I hate it. There's always something wrong. Someone will break something, make a mistake or act brainlessly and I need to stay longer to manage the mess... But that was at work, and I'm at home now. Phew...

I won't be very active here in the oncoming week - there isn't much internetz where we go. I'll try to do some photos for you guys, like Lis asked. 

See ya!

• Like 2

I'm back, somewhat rested, happy we enjoyed our vacation. Weather was nice, we saw many great places, had fun. I tried a ropes course (first time!) in a theme park we visited, we all (even 6 y.o. Tony, on his own legs) climbed a Sokolica peak (over 330m elevation in ~1km trail), and as a cherry on top - we ran 2K Family OCR :D 

I'll put some photos here when I sort them.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Any plans today ?

"Decompression chamber" after coming home, meal prep for work lunch etc.

I checked the calendar and found I have 36 weeks till my 40th B-day. This means it's high time to get that bloody 32 kg kettlebell and start swinging it. 

Full transition from 16 kg to 24 kg took me 12 weeks. I think I can assume transition to 32 kg will take four weeks longer - this makes 16 weeks, and another 20 weeks to 40 kg (another extra 4 weeks as a safety margin). If nothing goes wrong, I should be good with this long-term challenge... if I get my sorry ass in gear. ASAP!

Gotta print out some sort of schedule to keep me motivated -

Spoiler

DSC_1248.JPG.1a292363291ba802253549a6be6db069.JPG

Colour ticks for the win!

just like in the beginning of my fitness journey :) 

I WILL order 32 kg 'bell tomorrow, just need to contact the foundry if they have them in stock. I consider ordering 40 kg 'bell in one go - this should save me some $$ on shipping.

If not in stock at the foundry, I will buy 32 kg one online (almost same price, but the seller doesn't have larger weights), and use the 24->32 transition time to hunt for some 40 kg 'bell.

• Like 1

Finally ordered 32 kg 'bell. I found one at same price as the foundry had but with free shipping, so I'll give it a try. But for 40 kg one I think I'll have very limited options - either foundry or two-three times pricier ones online. The problem is shipping cost - most parcel services ship stuff up to 30kg. Above this, they offer pallet service, but the fee is way too high for single kettlebell... Maybe I can find used one fairly close to me on our craigslist-type site. Gotta keep my eyes open.

• Like 1