FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Today I lost my phone. I left it on car's roof while packing, got distracted and drove away :angry:

My own sim card, my work sim card (phone was dual-sim), memory card with photos from vacation I haven't stored on a PC yet. And my driver's licence in phone's cover pocket (not mentioning 100$ equivalent in cash I just took from ATM moments earlier)... 

so, so angry and disappointed with myself... 

• Sad 3
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, aramis said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Today I lost my phone. I left it on car's roof while packing, got distracted and drove away :angry:

My own sim card, my work sim card (phone was dual-sim), memory card with photos from vacation I haven't stored on a PC yet. And my driver's licence in phone's cover pocket (not mentioning 100$ equivalent in cash I just took from ATM moments earlier)... 

so, so angry and disappointed with myself... 

It is always possible that someone decent found it and turned it in.  Did you check at any public place/store/etc near where you dropped it to see?  Even if the cash is gone, it would be good to get the rest back.

• Like 1

For some reason Google FindMyPhone didn't worked, even though phone was active (it synchronized with Google every hour or so), had mobile data and location turned on... It should have worked, but google told me there was no active devices on the list... idk.

I called it form another phone until battery died in the evening - nobody picked up. I suspect someone took it, grabbed the cash and threw the phone in the garbage bin somewhere. Or it got damaged (I lost it on a parking lot - maybe someone drove it over) to the point of not being able to pick up, but someone who took it will contact me (the driver's license has my address on it). It's a long shot, but hope dies last...

On the other news:

Today my 32 kg kettlebell should arrive.

• Sad 1

To be honest, vacation and OCR photos are the most painful loss in all this situation. It's the only thing I can't get back with a bit of paperwork and fees.

Even driver's license duplicate I can get fairly easy (and not so costly), and before that I drive without it - I have to get to work somehow (25 km one way). The ticket for not having the paper on me is symbolic (equivalent ot ~10 euro without points), and in case of control Police has mobile computer system where it shows I have required license category. So no big fuss.

But those photos :( 

• Sad 1

Okay, I try to take the loss of the phone more stoically - it's mot the end of the world. People face way tougher time, so mo point in overthinking and festering. It's sad I lost the photos, but our memories stay. If I want such photos, we may as well just run the OCR again. 

On more positive news - my new kettle arrived. I wasn't able to do full S&S routine as I came home very late, but did it a test drive by doing 2 x 20 one arm swings. Damn, it feels heavy :D Needed to take longer breaks than usual (with 24 kg), but managed to do all 100 swings with it. Today I will try to do at least one GetUp with it. We'll see if I can manage this weight.

• Like 4

Whoa? Last day of the challenge? Again?!?

The best thing at the end of the round is - I can surely answer my own question asked in the title. I fought off my post-race blues, found new long term goal. It was bumpy road on the way, it still is, but I can't expect anything different - it's life after all. 

I'm too tired right now for more insight, maybe later, maybe not. But one thing is certain - we'll meet next round :) 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1