• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fearless 2.0

fearless: the minimalist challenge

This is my third challenge since coming back. I started out being bed bound because of a slipped disc , had surgery and made my way to moving around pain free and with almost no more symptoms  of my paralyzed leg and foot. Now I need to get serious about keeping up activity and diet.

My two main goals are: 

•  1. lose weight (to help my spine and make me able to move with ease) and get down to 99 kg. Pursuing this goal via keto diet.
  •  2. do PT exercises and get to a point where I can switch to bodyweight training as a form of movement. Also do daily walks with the dog and increasing the distance as a preparation for hiking long distances with my puppy  EDIT: just found the walking to Mordor app and my goal is to meet the elves at 65.98km during this challenge. YAY this will be fun!

I have lined up a couple of fun side goals like the minimalist game, starting on the 1. In this game I declutter my home from stuff I don't need anymore. On day one its one thing , on day 2 two things and so on until the 31th, where I have to get rid of 31 items. Tell me if you'd like to play with me! ;)

giphy.gif

Im embarrassed to say that I will also include daily showers as another side goal. Working from home has made me quite lazy. So this needs to change!

morning meditation is something else I want to do consistently. 

I will ad secondary goals each week as I go along.

Will use week zero to practice main goal nr. 2 and start with daily showers and morning meditations. Right now I have a friend visiting me and that's what I can do while she is here. She leaves on Saturday which is when I will get back to keto and add the minimalist game..... Ill take it from there.

Ive gotten so used to hanging here with you that I missed you guys over the weekend.. Glad to be back!

• Like 11
  • That's Metal 1

Loving your set up. And you know, there's nothing to be embarrassed about in regards to the showering thing. A lot of us have been there for one reason or another, we know how it goes and we're here to offer support regardless.

Following along :) 

• Like 1

Good luck on your goals! 

I played the “Minimalist Game” a few years ago and seriously slimmed my stuff. I need to go through my things prior to our move, but it’s going to need to happen in bursts. And I haven’t accumulated like I used to.

My husband on the other hand.... >_>; but that’s his material reckoning, not mine ;) 

(I’ve also been weeding through the child’s broken toys, clothing beyond salvaging, etc. We’re hoping to have another kiddo in the future, so the stuff he’s outgrown but is still in good repair we’re holding on to for now.)

• Like 4

Here to follow! I love the idea of minimalism but I always seem to replace every discarded item with at least two which I know is not the point but I am looking forward to seeing you smash it! 

• Like 1

5.30 pm here

Goals for today:

3x 5 minutes of PT exercises : done, and with joy!

cook for my guest: done. I finally learned how to get chicken breast tender and juicy when frying it in a pan. first a lot of heat - then low heat and wait for 20 minutes turning the chicken once in a while. Cant believe I lived on this earth for 53 years without being able to get this right! :)

walk with dog toward Mordor. 3.28km walked.

shower: done

meditation: done. Felt like I was coming home. Felt good

difficult conversation about needing time for myself with my visitor. Explained that I love her but can't spend a whole week just hanging out together. She wasn't hurt and my relief is endless! :)

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

cook for my guest: done. I finally learned how to get chicken breast tender and juicy when frying it in a pan. first a lot of heat - then low heat and wait for 20 minutes turning the chicken once in a while. Cant believe I lived on this earth for 53 years without being able to get this right! :)

My secret to a perfect chicken breast is to use thighs instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

difficult conversation about needing time for myself with my visitor. Explained that I love her but can't spend a whole week just hanging out together. She wasn't hurt and my relief is endless! :)

This always seems like such a difficult topic to approach with people, and yet to some extent everyone needs their own space. So really it should be easy to speak about, and yet it really isn't! Happy your conversation turned out well and that your visitor understands.

• Like 2

Yeah, I definitely second that ^^^ on the conversation with the visitor. Good job!

I'm not gonna do the full minimalism game, but maybe I'll try jumping in on the weekends....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xena said:

I'm not gonna do the full minimalism game, but maybe I'll try jumping in on the weekends....

yay! its gonna be fun! :)

• Like 1

Noon:

Im having a very low energy day. Forced myself to shower, meditate and do the first of 3 PT sets. Will teach Cello at 2 and then my visitor and I are planning to get some writing done. I hope I can concentrate. Must not take days like this too serious. I will be feeling better tomorrow and its no big deal. Giving myself time off until 2.

giphy.gif

• Like 8

tuesday

did 2 of 3 sets PT exercises

walked 2.24 km ( will reach Tookland tomorrow in the Walking to Mordor App)

meditation: check

shower: check

will check in with you guys Threads tomorrow. Am beyond tired. ❤️

• Like 6

On 7/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My secret to a perfect chicken breast is to use thighs instead.

OMG, SAME!! :D Makes me very sad that butcher box has been out of them for months 😞 

On 7/28/2020 at 6:34 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

Im having a very low energy day. 

I've had several of these lately myself, we've been going to bed at 8pm to try and correct the issue

Excited to be here and see you crush this challenge 

• Like 2

this is today:

giphy.gif

Wednesday:

2 sets of 3 planned sets PT exercises

meditation: check

shower: check

walking 9,37km BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM walked way past Tookland... on my way to meet the Black Rider :) My dog had such a good time!

feeling great today, a bit sore after all the movement but happy. Tomorrow I will get back into keto so I have a fighting chance of getting below 100 kg during this challenge. Got a new scale and will post nice pics of the app once Ive understood how the darn thing works ;)

time with visitor was nice and I got a shitload of chores done before we met. Too bad I can't be like this every day.... ha....

See you guys tomorrow!

• Like 5

Here.

Sorry.

Been lost in map-making.

Love the goals and the minimalist game. I'm usually getting rid of things too easily so I'll pass on the game itself.

Glad you are making room for yourself and love all the walks! Setting up my challenge tonight.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Screenshot_20200730-054114_Renpho(1).thumb.jpg.08d9994da1ebab3cadf88d0800b8d724.jpg

so this is what Im dealing with after having my keto break. Back to work then. My goal is to crash the 100kg mark and finishing this challenge with 99.9kg. wish me luck! ;)

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1