decluttering: 5 books check

3l hydration check

dog walk 3,3 km check

3 keto meals check 

food prep check

cigarettes on plan check

wine: fail (two glasses)

PT check

I built a bodyweight workout for myself by reading lots of Steves blogs and choosing what's doable for me 8 weeks post surgery. Ordered dumbbells 30kg which will arrive tomorrow.

Anyway: this is the newborn workout. what do you say???????????? :)

warm up 5 minutes:

walking jacks

head circling around the neck

shoulder circling forward and backward

marching in place and touch butt with heels

feet circling while standing on other foot ( balance)

set . to be done 1x to 5x

hipbridge 10´´

knee plank/ plank 10´´

squats ( with chair to help) 10

lunges ( holding on to table) 10 each leg

push ups ( wall / desk) 10

side row with 5 kg dumbbell 10 each side

cool down:

Childs pose Yoga

Upward Dog Yoga

stretch Achilles Tendons

calf raises on stairs

the whole thing will be done first daily with one set and then every other day with up to 4 sets.

INTERESTED IN YOUR FEEDBACK IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED!

see yall tomorrow ❤️

mood:

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I think your workout looks great! After you've done it a couple times, maybe mix in some different things to make it fun for yourself.

If you want something fun to try, you might check out the Daily Dare. https://darebee.com/daily-dares.html

They post a different challenge every day, and when they are too hard, you can always just substitute some variation.

Sometimes we run a little PvP to see who can complete the most Dares during a challenge...maybe we'll start that up again next time 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xena said:

I think your workout looks great! After you've done it a couple times, maybe mix in some different things to make it fun for yourself.

If you want something fun to try, you might check out the Daily Dare. https://darebee.com/daily-dares.html

They post a different challenge every day, and when they are too hard, you can always just substitute some variation.

Sometimes we run a little PvP to see who can complete the most Dares during a challenge...maybe we'll start that up again next time 🙂

thank you so much for looking at it!!!! I will check the link! ❤️

• Like 1

morning, all! ❤️

you know that ist so much fun to put a box with books outside your house to take away and then watch strangers be all exited when they find stuff? Im putting more stuff out in a box while decluttering.... its great!

weighed in at 105.0 kg this morning. that means I gained 0.6 kilos during the last days.. am not changing things up yet ( heat/water) and just keto on.. :)

today my chore is to walk to my psychiatrist with the dog. 29-30° C today! the walk is one hour each way. will take enough water for both of us.. 

now off to see what you are up to... :)

• Like 6

heatwave arrived. Not used to that anymore since leaving Berlin. ;)

didnt have to walk to my doctors after all. She took my call and we just spoke for a couple of minutes. Thats something Ive never ever experienced so far. I love how she decides to make life easier for her patients. the dog and I stayed in the cool of my place until evening. Then I went out with her and also did some grocery shopping. 

3 liter hydration: :)

3 keto meals with veggies :)
walk 2.2 km  :)

declutter: I count 6 books I took out already yesterday :)

drugs: on plan :)

shower 😫

bodyweight workout  😫

I have to find a way to move during the early mornin hours. Today I overslept .. dog baby was waking me up during the night with wild dreams and paws "running", "barking" in her dream etc.... hahahaha

the dumbbells never were delivered. I checked and the store hadn't even given them to the delivery firm. So I just cancelled the purchase and will use the money to get to the end of the month... coronavirus has made me work less and I have to be very disciplined with my budget. body weight it is!

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 5

sitting in my garden with a neighbor. more eating ( mozzarella ) and wine ( rosé ) happened. So wine was not on plan tonight. Had 3 glasses instead of one. Am not really sorry...... but going to bed now. Last cigarette is being lit. ( still on plan ) 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

good morning! :)

weighed in at 104.6 this morning. Thats good. Its already hot and I haven't managed to do my bodyweight routine yet. I think I wont force myself to get into that during the heatwave. Instead I will use these days to finish important paperwork I need to do ( similar to tax ) until the 13th. My printer was successfully installed yesterday and I want to finish the stuff preferably until Monday. 

things I want to do today:

meditation

shower

3 keto meals

walk with dog

grocery shopping 

paperwork 2-3 hours

3 liter hydration

stretching

only one glass of wine ( really!!!)

not more than 24 cigarettes ( might be able to go down further next week )

connect with a friend

see y'all later....

• Like 4

If the heat there is anything like it is here in the UK it's probably a good call to hold off on the exercise; it's brutal here! That or try and do it very early or very late.

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Rather than aiming for 1 glass per day would it be easier to aim for 7 glasses per week? That way you can have a couple of glasses with friends and offset that with a day off on a different day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

meditation

shower

3 keto meals

walk with dog

grocery shopping 

paperwork 2-3 hours

3 liter hydration

stretching

not more than 24 cigarettes ( might be able to go down further next week )

connect with a friend

see y'all later....

im on it! ;)

• Like 2

Hey hey, finally catching up with you! I'm liking your plans for the month and your workout, and I'm liking that you're adapting things to suit the circumstances you find yourself in on any given day. Don't blame you one bit for not working out in the heat! It's not so much fun right now...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

meditation        done

shower.             done

3 keto meals    done

walk with dog  done

grocery shopping    done 

paperwork 2-3 hours.  done. got sooo much done!!!!!

3 liter hydration            done

stretching.                     done

only one glass of wine ( really!!!)          no. at it with the neighbors again. Will have had 3 glasses again! 

not more than 24 cigarettes ( might be able to go down further next week )        no. smoked a lot during desk work

connect with a friend         done

• Like 1

thinking about how I need to be very disciplined when it comes to finances, food, drink, cigarettes, lethargy ( mental health)...

so sometimes I just kinda start rebelling. Ordering on amazon, drinking too much, smoking to comfort myself for working hard... its not that I have to be acting this way, I obviously choose to sometimes. Am addicted to smoking and in the grey area of becoming addicted to drinking as well. That scares the shit out of me. And still I don't say no if offered a nice wine from friends. I try to tell myself that I could have nice things once I get on top of my addictive behavior. I even talked to my doctor about drinking and smoking. She says that with my mental health diagnosis its not recommended to quit cold turkey. And most of the time I stick to my "budget" of drugs that I have talked about with her. Lately though Im just not willing. I feel I deserve 3 glasses of wine after sitting and working on my desk for 4 hours. 

I will keep both drug goals and just hope that I can discipline myself again next week at least...

will write up a review of the week tomorrow.

mood:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

You are doing a lot of pretty hard things at once. You are having good success with the keto goal. With the drinking, how much wine can you drink and still stay in ketosis? Maybe sticking to the keto goal could help you with the alcohol goal a bit.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Xena said:

You are doing a lot of pretty hard things at once. You are having good success with the keto goal. With the drinking, how much wine can you drink and still stay in ketosis? Maybe sticking to the keto goal could help you with the alcohol goal a bit.

usually I drink 1 glass. 2 and 3 once a while don't kick me out of ketosis. I think that's a good strategy to not get everything done at once. Will make new goals for the week tonight. THANX

• Like 2

I agree with what Xena said. Drinking is a tricky beast, I've found. I've got a long family history of alcoholism and I've had issues with it in the past, especially when my mood is low. I'd like to say everything is fine now and here, follow steps a, b, and c and you'll be fine too, but the bitter truth is I'm still having some issues. The sole reason I'm not drinking at the moment is because of the medication I'm on. At the same time I suppose that is giving me a good chance to distance myself from it and find other ways to make myself happy when I feel bad, but unfortunately I still miss it.

But we'll both get there, just one step at a time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I agree with what Xena said. Drinking is a tricky beast, I've found. I've got a long family history of alcoholism and I've had issues with it in the past, especially when my mood is low. I'd like to say everything is fine now and here, follow steps a, b, and c and you'll be fine too, but the bitter truth is I'm still having some issues. The sole reason I'm not drinking at the moment is because of the medication I'm on. At the same time I suppose that is giving me a good chance to distance myself from it and find other ways to make myself happy when I feel bad, but unfortunately I still miss it.

But we'll both get there, just one step at a time.

thanks that was good to read! ❤️

• Like 2

weekly review thingy:

decluttering streak: complete. Today I decluttered my sock and underwear drawer and reduced it by 8 items... 1-8 complete.:)

walking to Mordor with the pup: 6 out of 7 days /17km  just 10.55km until I meet the Black Rider 🤨

hydration: every day 3 liter consumed. win :)

shower: 5 times. win:)

meditation: 5 out of 7 🤨

3 keto meals: 7 out of 7 days :)

cigarettes: on plan ( 24) 5 out of 7🤨

wine: 3 out of 7 days on plan ( 1 glass)😫

new goal paperwork: 4 from aprox.12 hours done ( in 2 days) sent off 46 pages application for retirement payment ( chronically ill) :)

weight lost: starting the week at 105.9kg and ending it at 104.6. Im taking it! :)

6 out of 10 goals checked

3 goals ok ish

1 fail

I find I didnt completely suck this past week. that's a surprise because I have the emotions of having failed and feeling guilty about it. Looking at the pure numbers helps with that.

tonight Im having one glass of wine without wanting more. Feel more balanced and rested. HA!!! ;)

NEW GOALS FOR SUN-SAT:

• finish paperwork until Thursday  that means about 2 hours/day. send it off on Thursday night.
  • shower 5 out of 7 days
  • drink 3liter daily
  • 3 keto meals as low budget as possible... looking at you, eggs...
  • meditation daily during the morning ritual... ground yourself with guided body scan...
  • short walk every day with the pup.. only possible after 5 pm during heatwave
  • wine: track what your drink and post here.... taking the guilt and pressure out of this one... lets see if its easier this way ..
  • cigarettes: up to 24 cigarettes allowed/ day

I just want to add, that being part of NF is helping me tremendously right now. That you can just be yourself without being judged is awesome! I like to track my progress and prove to myself again and again that I do make progress even if it takes longer than I would wish. Also Ive become used to seeing what you are doing and that is making me feel good. especially during Covid19 when I cant be out and see all my friends. Thanks for that, guys! ❤️

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I find I didnt completely suck this past week. that's a surprise because I have the emotions of having failed and feeling guilty about it. Looking at the pure numbers helps with that.

You absolutely did not suck, not in the least. I understand the feeling though, and it's great that looking at the numbers helps. Numbers like that don't lie, they're solid evidence that you didn't suck :D

28 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I just want to add, that being part of NF is helping me tremendously right now. That you can just be yourself without being judged is awesome! I like to track my progress and prove to myself again and again that I do make progress even if it takes longer than I would wish.

Right?! I've always found this community to be a wonderful and supportive place, and it's great when other people share that same experience!

• Like 2

We are often our own worst critics. I agree that looking back over a week or over a challenge helps give us perspective. And yeah, the group around here really is great.

• Like 1

It seems so easy to remember all the stuff you didn't do, or did wrong, and forget what you did do. I've found the same thing as you, it helps to enocurage me when I look back at the week. It  has also helped me to plan more realistically

• Like 3

morning!

weighed in at 104.2... ( down from 104.6). maybe Ill make it to 99.9 in this challenge! :)

have a great day, guys! ❤️

• Like 3

HIGH ENERGY DAY, GUYS!!!

20200809_151232.thumb.jpg.32cfd22ba2583a67665d8e975d6666d3.jpg20200809_151302.thumb.jpg.254078062f41a497b08fc10768051b0e.jpg20200809_151519.thumb.jpg.3e9e246e9fb2d630f7ddd76c1b2162dd.jpg20200809_151244.thumb.jpg.da7f92a5aa0952e713bf4bf7c8471283.jpg

decluttered like the madwoman I am. 87 items gone or waiting to be put on the curb. furniture will be picked up at 9.9.2020. I did that online.

so here is the decluttering stats.

87 items decluttered 

today done

also every day of the following week.. :)

will have to ged rid of 8 things on next Saturday . But will need to do one tour to get rid of old cartons. a block from here is a container for paper trash. all small things were thrown into my trashcan.

Most stuff came from my miscancellous stuff drawers. Also took out some small furniture that was looking shabby.

the glittering lamp I found on the sidewalk in my neighborhood. The couch table I picked up this morning from an ad that said they wanted to give it away for free. So new nice stuff is coming in after the old stuff has been thrown out! Couldnt resist the happy selfie after I was finished! :)

also I almost finished my paperwork stuff. Might be able to send it off sooner than Thursday. I think I will be done tomorrow! :)

cleaned my whole place. Only some little things to do like putting stuff in to the dishwasher and changing my sheets tonight.

shower: done

meditation done

walked almost 4km

keto meals: check

3 liter drunk

wine ( nothing, will add that later)

cigarettes on plan

I wish I could have productive days like today more often!!! ;)

HA! GUYS!!!! Im happy right now! 

edit

wine one glass

cigarettes 28 / too many

took my night medication and will go to bed super early..

• Like 5

22 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

It's a thing a lot of people struggle with apparently. Looking back is always nice.

• Like 1