fearless: the minimalist challenge

Friday:

good day today. I planned out how my new commitments ( was asked to be more active in a political party because I represent all kinds of minorities.. am on the social politics board in my town / crossfit starting in winter / students / writing second book / dog walks/) could fit into a week without overwhelming me. As you know Im working part time/ am retired because of my mental health. So I don't always have good days. Still I dream of a life that's as active as possible and also my fitness status right now is scaring the heck out of me. I need to move regularly and also be in a net of social connections to age well and feel good long term. I wrote all the tasks/ appointments/ lessons.... in a calendar and it looks like I will be able to do it without being stressed out. 

STats:

meditation: yes

shower: yes

walk: yes

food: on plan

hydration:check

cigarettes: on plan

wine: on plan

washing and shopping done

teaching: done

mood:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

27 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

the crossfit is your "fault" thank you for the inspo :)

❤️

More than happy to be blamed for that! B)

Good job on planning your time - I tend to just add more and more commitments until I go mad with stress; but your strategy sounds better.

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

weekly review thingy:

those were last weeks goals ( today included)

• finish paperwork until Thursday  that means about 2 hours/day. send it off on Thursday night.
  • shower 5 out of 7 days
  • drink 3liter daily
  • 3 keto meals as low budget as possible... looking at you, eggs...
  • meditation daily during the morning ritual... ground yourself with guided body scan...
  • short walk every day with the pup.. only possible after 5 pm during heatwave
  • wine: track what your drink and post here.... taking the guilt and pressure out of this one... lets see if its easier this way ..
  • cigarettes: up to 24 cigarettes allowed/ day

this is how I did:

24,54 km walked / short walk every day  win :)    completed meeting black rider on my walk to Mordor. later tonight ( 0.4 km ) I will meet the elves! YAY

paperwork finished and sent of early  win :)

shower: 5 out of 5 win :)

hydration: 7 out of 7 win:)

meditation: 2 out of seven fail😩

wine: 4 out of 7 on plan. ok-ish 🙂

cigarettes: 4 out of 7 on plan. ok-ish🙂

keto meals: 7 out of 7 win :)

weight lost: down from 104.2 to 103.8 kg

the decluttering mission ends today. I have nothing else to put away and have to wait for someone with a car to get rid of the last items I sorted out. Didnt make it to 31 days but am very happy with my minimal flat now. All in all I got rid of 106 items! YAY

These will be my goals from Sunday to Saturday next week:

• 3 keto meals a day
  • short walk every day with the dog
  • shower 5 times
  • drink 3liter every day
  • cigarettes: max 24 a day
  • wine: 9 glasses/ week maximum
  • Monday and Friday one hour of bodyweight training / PT
  • stretching/foamrolling  2 times / week
  • cleaning the flat for 2 hours on Thursday morning

feeling happy and peaceful. My goals are supposed to help me with my new schedule. Ill forget about meditation every morning for this week. Its just not happening right now. I don't do a morning ritual as I used to. I guess its a phase and I don't want to worry about it as Im feeling well and centered.

taught yesterday and today and might get a new English student on Monday. I hope he wants to stay with me, as I could use a little more money right now.

the heatwave is supposed to end next Wednesday and I look forward to being able to move outside more.

mood:

giphy.gif

• Like 9

Stretching session done. Feel amazing.

Adjusted my Makros and calories to the weightloss and understood, why Im not losing as well as before. Today I put all my food in myfitnesspal and designed new meals to fit my goal.

I even felt like meditation so I did some deep breath exercise.

:)

• Like 6

done:

hydration

food

meditation

stretching

cigarettes

wine 1.5 glasses

not done:

shower ( ok, need 5 out of 7 days)

walk 

its extremely hot today and no wind... lying around and not getting much done. But I cooked for the next days and stretching was nice.

have a good week, guys! ❤️

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

the decluttering mission ends today. I have nothing else to put away and have to wait for someone with a car to get rid of the last items I sorted out. Didnt make it to 31 days but am very happy with my minimal flat now. All in all I got rid of 106 items! YAY

Dang! Nicely done.

I can imagine the free-moving energy is happy to swirl around and clear out any old energy. 

And 106 items? WOW.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX4FJyIpen2Yf?si=pCp7SjloQCKEQcFnVR8egg

found a slow playlist to do my exercises to. Great!!!!

Did 30 minutes of bodyweight/PTworkout including 5 mins warm up and 5 mins stretching afterwards. Didnt make it to a whole hour. Must do shorter bits more often. Noted how many reps ( 10 ) I got done and how many times I did the workout ( 2). hoping to improve with time. Right now Im in a bad place physically. Had no pain though and will just move forward with consistency. Same with Keto and losing weight. 

will be interesting to see how far I've come at the end of this challenge!

Also felt like meditating although I didnt plan it in this week. So that's done too.

drinking like a madwoman because its so f-ing hot.

Need to vacuum and clean my living room later because I expect a new student with his mother at 4. Apart from that I will chill out and am happy that the forecast says its gonna cool down tomorrow.

• Like 5

shower: done

hydration: check

keto meals: done

bodyweight training /PT done

meditation: check 

cleaning: done

wine: only one glass in the kitchen left, so check

cigarettes: on plan

walk: nope

new student for German and English will stay with me = $$$$$$$$$$ Yass!

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Today I was dog sitting again. Also taught a Cello class. Apart from that I just chilled.

walk: 2km done

hydration: check

keto meals: check

wine: on plan

cigarettes: too many /fail

tomorrow I will do another short bodyweight workout and a stretching session afterward. Also take the dog out for a bit longer. temperatures are falling but not very much so. enjoying the cool evening now and doggy is lying on the couch at my side...

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I did something: bought barefoot shoes without being sure if I had enough money left for food. And just a moment ago a students Mom called to ask for another lesson for her son. Im saved!!! HA! :)

tomorrow the shoes and my daily vitamins arrive with the post. Am very happy!

Also today:

Screenshot_20200819-091554_Renpho.jpg

I am happy right now! :)

• Like 8

On 8/15/2020 at 6:17 PM, fearless 2.0 said:
  • 3 keto meals a day.     done
  • short walk every day with the dog   done
  • shower 5 times   done
  • drink 3liter every day   done
  • cigarettes: max 24 a day     26
  • wine: 9 glasses/ week maximum  2 glasses

I had 2 students, went shopping, walked with the dog and vacuumed. Feel a little tired and hot. 

mood:

giphy.gif

good news: my vitamins arrived early. 

• Like 5

I already feel stressed by my new schedule. will have to go forward in baby steps to get used to the chores I added. Tonight I smoked and drank like a madwoman doing the zoom political party meeting. So drugs goal is all over the place today.

here is what I did:

walk: done

shopping/ post office: done

teaching Cello : done

hydration: done

keto meals: done

no workout, no stretching, drugs out of control.

Still I feel if I just hang in there I will get used to more chores and appointments.

Have no idea though how I will write my book #2 during November ( NaNoWriMo) it just seems overwhelming right now. 

Will try and do a workout plus stretching tomorrow. its going to be hot though.. 

felt good though to do political work again and raise my hand for stuff I want to happen in my city. Also Im happy that I have more students/money now. Maybe I can gradually get used to the new schedule. Im not giving up yet.

mood:

giphy.gif

I better go to bed now!!!   ;)

• Like 5

I absolutely get how a new schedule can be overwhelming, but the good thing is that you get to adjust it and make it work for you. One way or another, I know you'll make it happen :)

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

sweat is running down my body... its very wet and hot outside.

I had a good day and got lots of chores done. The barefoot shoes arrived and sadly didnt fit. So I sprang the money for original vibrate fivefingers. I have had those before and love them. just couldn't remember the size I had last time. Ordered one size bigger than my normal size. They get delivered on Tuesday and Im very exited!

a new Cello student /kid is starting lessons with me and Im expecting more calls since my add is still online. 

My best friend gave me some tough love on the phone and told me that I need to be healthy ( means move and walk ) before I start a new book project that eats all my time. So I will make new goals tomorrow to learn how to deal with the new schedule and concentrate on the basics first: eat healthy, move a lot and earn enough money to be self sufficient. ( my retirement payment is very minimal.. all money to eat and have fun is to be earned by me.)

what I did:

shower

eat 2 keto meals, fasting now

walk

hydration

cigarettes on plan

wont have wine as it has many carbs and stalls my weightloss when I drink more than one glass. bought sugar free tonic water and will have one glas of g&t later

taught student

went shopping

created a new Netflix account together with a neighbor to save money

created a amazon prime music account although I don't really want to support them!!!! but it's cheaper than Spotify and Im trying to save as much as I can.

did not do any bodyweight stuff.. ( need new realistic goals)

glad this week is over and I can start with a clean slate on Sunday! :)

mood:

giphy.gif

edit: alcohol and cigarettes under control tonight... off to bed! :)

• Like 3

On 8/15/2020 at 6:17 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

• 3 keto meals a day
  • short walk every day with the dog
  • shower 5 times
  • drink 3liter every day
  • cigarettes: max 24 a day
  • wine: 9 glasses/ week maximum

those were the goals for this week. 

And this is how I did:

stretching: 2 out of 2 :)

meditation: 2 out of 7 ( was not a goal , bonus) :)

hydration: 7 out of 7:)

keto meals: 7 out of 7:)

wine: 13.5 glasses /week.     no grading here.. just watching what's happening during the week 

cigarettes not over 24: 3 out of 7 days. ☹️

shower: 6 /5 ( bonus shower! :) )

bodyweight workout: 1 out of 2 / week ☹️

weight: last Saturday: 103.9 / today 103.7   stalling...🙄

walks: 6 out of 7 ok-ish 🙂 

it was the last week with freakish temperatures and high humidity. Come Monday we will see cool rainy weather around 20°C

the walking goal I set for this challenge already happened. My walk to Mordor brought me to meet the Elves

669305503_Screenshot_20200822-173343_WalkToMordor.thumb.jpg.f4209c343a94dcbcbfab6767c55d329f.jpg 

will aim for Buckleberry Ferry in this challenge. that's easy to do for me and the puppy!

all in all Im ok with this week. I didnt crush it but was solid in my improvements. I realize that I wont do the bodyweight stuff unless I aim for a daily dose. That can be smaller and easier to approach. Also drinking and smoking have to be watched, but: ( confession!!!! don't judge) Im coming from 4 glasses of wine during this winter, so having a "bad week" with 2 glasses/day seems an improvement after all. I am unhappy about the smoking this week and will have to stay with 24 cigarettes /day until Im more consistent, the go further until Im at 20 cigarettes /day..

goals for the next week starting tomorrow:

• drink 3 liter a day
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto
  • count glasses of wine/g&t 
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more
  • daily dog walks 
  • 6 x shower /week
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week

will do the next challenge in September as well. It really helps me to focus and to improve my stuff. And I have the overall wish to be more consistent. Big plus: these weekly write-ups help me see clearly what's happening. Yesterday  I read my thread from June just to see if Ive made progress and hell yes, I have, damn it!!!!! :) 

mood:

giphy.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

will do the next challenge in September as well. It really helps me to focus and to improve my stuff. And I have the overall wish to be more consistent. Big plus: these weekly write-ups help me see clearly what's happening. Yesterday  I read my thread from June just to see if Ive made progress and hell yes, I have, damn it!!!!! :) 

This is amazing to hear, and you're right, these challenges are a good way to keep track and actually see progress where we might not have ordinarily recognised we made it. Glad to know you'll be sticking around :) 

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

You did such a great job this week!!

On 8/21/2020 at 12:58 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

My best friend gave me some tough love on the phone and told me that I need to be healthy ( means move and walk ) before I start a new book project that eats all my time. So I will make new goals tomorrow to learn how to deal with the new schedule and concentrate on the basics first

This sounds like really great timing. You can build those habits in Sept/Oct and get yourself set up for success in November!

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

10 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

This is amazing to hear, and you're right, these challenges are a good way to keep track and actually see progress where we might not have ordinarily recognised we made it. Glad to know you'll be sticking around :) 

Yes, so true.... its pure therapy for me to prove myself Im not lazy :) Thanks for being here! ❤️

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Xena said:

You did such a great job this week!!

This sounds like really great timing. You can build those habits in Sept/Oct and get yourself set up for success in November!

Yes! I will try that! :) Thanks for your support! ❤️

• Like 2

• drink 3 liter a day                                                                    more than that consumed
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto                           preplanned on myfitnesspal and ate accordingly
  • count glasses of wine/g&t                                                   2 G&T
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more                                 on plan
  • daily dog walks                                                                       walked for an hour
  • 6 x shower /week                                                                   done
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day.  no
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week                          not yet

good day, had a friend and her dog visit us and the kids were playing so nice.. very relaxing afternoon. They just left and I didn't fi the bodyweight stuff in after. I took my meds and will go to bed soon.

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 5