• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my third challenge since coming back. I started out being bed bound because of a slipped disc , had surgery and made my way to moving around pain free and with almost no more symptoms  of my p

NEW MONTH - NEW GOALS:   PT exercises morning and evening set of 5 minutes 2-3 healthy keto meals a day 3 liters of water/ coffee/tea/ sugar free soft drinks a day mi

Friday:   HI! its 7 pm here, just got home like      PT done + meditation done + shower done + walked 6.2km with pup ++ met friend for last time duri

Posted Images

• drink 3 liter a day                                                                                done
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto                                        pre counted Makros and ate accordingly
  • count glasses of wine/g&t                                                                will have 2 G&T 
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more                                              on plan
  • daily dog walks                                                                                   done
  • 6 x shower /week                                                                               done
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day               HELLLLLL YESSSSSS!!!!!!! DONE
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week                                      hip stretches with GMB video

went with the dog in the pouring rain and scared myself to death by slipping while crossing a major street and falling in front of a driving car! Am fine, just a few scratches. Shook me up though...( I should know though that I have a very capable guardian angel... when I tried to commit suicide 26 years ago and jumped from a bridge onto a highway with a lot of traffic ------> I DIDNT HURT MYSELF apart from major bruising!!!! so Im very thankful!! )

my new English student cancelled 30 minutes before class because he was tired. Im gonna get rid of him and his lazy ass! :)

read a lot about calorie cycling and carb cycling. will try that once I get back to proper workouts

mood

giphy.gif  

and

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1
16 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

( I should know though that I have a very capable guardian angel... when I tried to commit suicide 26 years ago and jumped from a bridge onto a highway with a lot of traffic ------> I DIDNT HURT MYSELF apart from major bruising!!!! so Im very thankful!! )

BBT - Wait, What GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

I get it if you just want to keep it at that one comment though...

• Haha 2
  • drink 3 liter a day                                                                          done
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto                                  done
  • count glasses of wine/g&t                                                          1,5 glasses of wine
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more                                        26
  • daily dog walks                                                                              yes
  • 6 x shower /week                                                                          no
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day.         done
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week                                 done

got a lot of stuff done today and taught a cute little English student. Happy that I did my exercises! Have bought a whey protein powder to up my protein. apparently I don't get enough with my small meals. Will experiment with the powder and see how my body reacts. Keto makes me feel full all day and its no problem for me to keep the calories down. Currently I take in about 1400 - 1500 calories. My body needs 1700 - 1800 for maintenance, so that's a nice deficit. Next challenge I will experiment with calorie cycling ( NOT carb cycling).

Mood

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Glad you're ok, try not to fall in front of traffic!

52 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Next challenge I will experiment with calorie cycling

Ah calorie cycling, or as I like to call it, having a beer! I found it worked very well for me to have high calorie days and low calorie days, based on my social life rather than any training or weight loss reason.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Glad you're ok, try not to fall in front of traffic!

Ah calorie cycling, or as I like to call it, having a beer! I found it worked very well for me to have high calorie days and low calorie days, based on my social life rather than any training or weight loss reason.

Thanks Jarric! And good to hear that you have good results with calorie cycling ... I want to have higher calorie days as to not fuck up my metabolism. Right now Im hardly ever hungry and stubbornly want to get below 100kg. Thats all good and well but I have to make it sustainable... ;) will have a G&T instead of beer! 

• Like 3
  • drink 3 liter a day                                                      drank more than 3 liter
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto              done
  • count glasses of wine/g&t                                      1 glass of wine!!!! :)
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more                    done
  • daily dog walks                                                          done
  • 6 x shower /week                                                      done
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day.  no
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week.                        no

lots of chores done today plus 2 hours of Cello students

read a lot about Makros /Keto and changed my Makros to include more protein than fat. using a low carb protein powder and eating just one meal ( high calories ) and a snack in the evening. No hunger. Curious to see how my body reacts to this change. I know, Im kinda obsessed with this topic... its fun though... ;)

got some research done for book #2 and will include that in the next challenge so I can try and do NaNoWriMo in November. 

will go to bed super early today and listen to an audiobook ( "outer order -inner calm" by Gretchen Rubin ) 

my piercing got lost and I booked a date at the piercing shop to get a new one tomorrow. Also have to go to the Library to find some music for my students. I can use the Library for free this year and next year because I had a reading event with book #1 there and they wanted to give me something in return. Unfortunately in such a small town the Library is not well sorted. I only read English books and they don't have many.

all in all  a good day!

Mood:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • drink 3 liter a day                                                                    more than that again
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto                            yes, done
  • count glasses of wine/g&t                                                    2 glasses of wine
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more                                  on plan 
  • daily dog walks                                                                                   long walk, 7,8km
  • 6 x shower /week                                                                               done
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day               did 2 sets because I missed yesterday
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week                                      done

good active day. now lying down and sitting friends dog. have to stay up late today to wait for dog guest to be picked up. Am super tired but happy. Will edit before bed... :)

mood

giphy.gif

• Like 3

my body likes the protein powder. And I lost a bit of weight. Down to 102,6kg. wont get under 100 in this challenge but want to be patient and keep it sustainable. Have to clean my floors today and am not looking forward to it... also 2 students... See you tonight!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • drink 3 liter a day                                                                          done
  • eat and drink within your macros  / keto                                  done
  • count glasses of wine/g&t                                                          2 glasses of wine
  • smoke up to 24 cigarettes. not more                                        26
  • daily dog walks                                                                              yes
  • 6 x shower /week                                                                          yes
  • 10 minutes of bodyweight exercises every single day.         no
  • 2x  20 mins of intense stretching / week                                 no

felt unmotivated in the beginning of the day but teaching kind of woke me up. glad that I earned money and that I vacuumed my place. Workout didnt happen, maybe I can do two sets again tomorrow. 

mood:

giphy.gif

weekly review thingy coming up tomorrow :) 

• Like 4

weekly review thingy:

goals:

drink 3 liter                                            7 out of 7 days no problem here

eat keto and stick to your macros :  7 / 7.  getting used to the drill

smoke up to 24 cigarettes:                5 / 7   better than last week!

glasses of wine:                                   10      also reasonable 

walk to Mordor / dog walk daily.       36,5km walked this week ( progress see pic below) 7 / 7  went past my goal of huckleberry ferry! bonus!

6 x shower/ week.                                done 6 / 7

stretch 2 days.                                      4 / 7 bonus!

bodyweight routine daily.                    3 / 7  fail

weight lost:                                            1,2 kg YAY

1010593667_Screenshot_20200829-195541_WalkToMordor.thumb.jpg.8a4864589b9bdb904af59efd3e90f3f9.jpg

Screenshot_20200829-202614_Renpho.thumb.jpg.d921919a7666d7ffcfbb3137bf913d12.jpg

all in all Im okay with this weeks progress. Thankful for consistency in weightloss. The bodyweight stuff is bothering me. I just don't like doing it very much. But I will have to force myself as to get stronger and be able to get back to crossfit. 

My garden is hell right now because I have not been able to do any work this year due to my spine surgery in June and the months of hell before. I promised my landlord to get it back to normal as soon as possible. Dogchild has pooped all over the place and I haven't cleaned it up because I couldnt bend down. Now I can and I decided to get my garden back in shape so I can sit in it during the last warm days. For me that's the hardest goal for next week as I dread yard work!!!

goals for the last week of the challenge:

• walk dog daily and reach Old Man Willow on your way to Mordor 
  • eat keto and stay within your macros and calories
  • smoke no more than 24 cigarettes / day
  • count glasses of alcohol consumed
  • stretch 5 out of 7 days
  • bodyweight routine 4 out of 7 days
  • prepare your garden for sowing new lawn. take out weeds and stuff, put new soil on top. Remove dog toys and poop!!!!!

• Like 3
On 8/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

I only read English books and they don't have many.

Do you mind saying what country you live in? I don't really need to know, just curious. (and guessing you have said before...I've only recently discovered your thread).

5 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

all in all Im okay with this weeks progress. Thankful for consistency in weightloss. The bodyweight stuff is bothering me. I just don't like doing it very much. But I will have to force myself as to get stronger and be able to get back to crossfit.

Do you have any weights at home so you could mix it up a bit? You could do a lot with some dumbbells or a KB. Making it interesting for yourself, as much as you can, is probably a good idea.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Xena said:

Do you mind saying what country you live in? I don't really need to know, just curious. (and guessing you have said before...I've only recently discovered your thread).

Do you have any weights at home so you could mix it up a bit? You could do a lot with some dumbbells or a KB. Making it interesting for yourself, as much as you can, is probably a good idea.

Hi Xena, I live in germany, near Hamburg in a little town at the ocean..

you are probably right! I just cant spend money for weights that are lying around unused... will look at used ones... 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
8 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I just cant spend money for weights that are lying around unused

Yep, makes perfect sense. Just thought maybe you had some stuff at home that could make it more interesting for you.

I haven't really seen much of that area, just been through the Hamburg airport a bunch and spent a nice morning walking through the city. I have a soft spot for the airport b/c I used to do a lot of work in Saudi Arabia. There were many things I didn't like about being there and found stressful (though I was always treated well within the constraints of the society/system). We would generally fly in and out of Hamburg on Lufthansa. It always felt like a huge relief to get off the plane into Germany. I remember on my first trip, we had some time to kill and took a train into the city. I don't speak any German. I remember feeling so relieved that though I didn't speak any of the local language, I felt like I could "read the people" around me (sort of culturally familiar) and have an idea of whether I was in a safe situation etc. It was also nice to have a beer after being in a dry country [little random anecdote for you].

• Like 5
  • walk dog daily                                                                                                          done
  • eat keto and stay within your macros and calories                                           done
  • smoke no more than 24 cigarettes / day                                                             fail
  • count glasses of alcohol consumed                                                                    2,5 glasses of wine
  • stretch 5 out of 7 days                                                                                           no
  • bodyweight routine 4 out of 7 days                                                                     no
  • prepare your garden for sowing new lawn. take out weeds and stuff, put new soil on top. Remove dog toys and poop!!!!!             50% of yard work done. Only stopped because the trashcan was full. have to wait 2 weeks until I can do the rest. Ordered grass seeds today too. All dog stuff was picked up and lots of poop removed. Took out 50 % of the old uneven lawn and just need another 2 hours to finish the lawn prep. 

listening to Tim Ferris audiobook "tribe of mentors" while drinking and smoking. This week I have a lot of commitments and I hope I get everything done. Funny that I don't feel proud at all about finishing so much yard work. I only realize that it´s not finished. Apart from not feeling successful today Im in a good mood.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Xena said:

Yep, makes perfect sense. Just thought maybe you had some stuff at home that could make it more interesting for you.

I haven't really seen much of that area, just been through the Hamburg airport a bunch and spent a nice morning walking through the city. I have a soft spot for the airport b/c I used to do a lot of work in Saudi Arabia. There were many things I didn't like about being there and found stressful (though I was always treated well within the constraints of the society/system). We would generally fly in and out of Hamburg on Lufthansa. It always felt like a huge relief to get off the plane into Germany. I remember on my first trip, we had some time to kill and took a train into the city. I don't speak any German. I remember feeling so relieved that though I didn't speak any of the local language, I felt like I could "read the people" around me (sort of culturally familiar) and have an idea of whether I was in a safe situation etc. It was also nice to have a beer after being in a dry country [little random anecdote for you].

I also have that when I land somewhere in Europe! it makes me feel secure.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Funny that I don't feel proud at all about finishing so much yard work. I only realize that it´s not finished. Apart from not feeling successful today Im in a good mood.

Yeah, it's easy to get that feeling when it's a big  project. So, I will congratulate you and say Woohoo, that's a ton of work you've done.The yard is going to look great!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yeah, it's easy to get that feeling when it's a big  project. So, I will congratulate you and say Woohoo, that's a ton of work you've done.The yard is going to look great!

Thank you :)

• Like 2