Lateral Planet: Checkpoint

Today I kind of accidentally had a go at OMAD, or one meal a day. I've been craving Japanese food lately, probably because I binged season 3 of Aggretsuko over the weekend. So I treated myself to a chicken curry and some gyozas from the good place (not the food court) which turned out to be quite a lot of food but gosh it was yummy so I finished the lot. And it's well past my dinnertime and I'm still not very hungry. I've had a few cups of tea and some fudge and some strawberries throughout the day, but I don't feel compelled to have a proper dinner. I don't think I'll make a habit of OMAD, but it's been interesting to see how a massive lunch really kept me going all day.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tateman said:

I have done OMAD every now and then. I also never really meant to do it so much. Some times it was mostly just because I was too busy doing other things.

I enjoy good food and the quality time that comes with shared meals too much to do OMAD on the regular. But maybe it could be a good habit for crazy weeks like this. When I'm having both lunch and dinner at work I'm already lacking that quality time element anyway, so no loss there. And having to plan for one meal rather than two would be a load off the mind. Maybe I'll give it a crack the next time I get busy!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

I just took the plunge and bought a Nerd Fitness Prime subscription. The currency conversion wasn't too bad and ended up being less than AU$10 per month, which isn't gonna break the bank. I'll keep going with the app and try to poke around the rest of the website a bit next week.

I want to do that too, but I don't think I will be able to swing it at the time. I have liked the app when using it too. :)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

I just took the plunge and bought a Nerd Fitness Prime subscription. The currency conversion wasn't too bad and ended up being less than AU$10 per month, which isn't gonna break the bank. I'll keep going with the app and try to poke around the rest of the website a bit next week.

Does that mean you won't be posting here anymore? And what are you hoping to get from it? $10/month does seem very reasonable.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, chibi-nerd said:

Does that mean you won't be posting here anymore? And what are you hoping to get from it? $10/month does seem very reasonable.

No I'll be sticking around! Can't get rid of me that easily ;) Mostly what I'm getting is access to the NF Journey app, which I've been using daily for the last couple of weeks and have really enjoyed. You also get access to a bunch of NF courses and the Academy and livestreams and stuff, but I haven't really looked into that lately so I can't really comment. I figure that for now at least I like the app enough that even if I don't use the other Prime features it's still value for money, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Tateman said:

I want to do that too, but I don't think I will be able to swing it at the time. I have liked the app when using it too. :)

Fair call, it's a lot of money all in one go! I'm really glad I was able to use the free trial to play around with it for a while first; I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

• Like 3
On 9/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, Lateral Planet said:

I'm considering it, too.  Since they offered the deal for legacy people I'm digging around in the app and courses to see if it suits me.  Not really into the live streams.  Academy has been useful, and the FB group has been interesting, but ultimately I get the most benefit from this awesome and free option.  It's where all the personal focus happens for me!  I'd be so lost if this disappeared.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Chesire said:

I'm considering it, too.  Since they offered the deal for legacy people I'm digging around in the app and courses to see if it suits me.  Not really into the live streams.  Academy has been useful, and the FB group has been interesting, but ultimately I get the most benefit from this awesome and free option.  It's where all the personal focus happens for me!  I'd be so lost if this disappeared.

For sure, the challenge forums are such a great community!

• Like 2