• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's thirty third challenge!

On 7/29/2020 at 2:37 AM, Salinger said:

And you are probably right about the stress...i also think ive built this up into such a big deal that it makes me anxious. Im slowly getting into it though... the hang of things, cooking again. and enjoying cooking. I hope it continues/gets easier !

One of the things I do to combat the stress and anxiety of "cooking a meal" is I have some go to "easy" things in my freezer that I can lean on when I'm not feeling up to it but want to resist going out (fish and chips, pan fried dumplings, pizza rolls (because I'm an adult, obviously), perogies, etc) or, you could batch cook and freeze a bunch and then have healthier meals that are easier to cook later.

Also, your flowers are LOVELY!!!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

loving the flower pics!!!! ❤️

Thanks!!! xx

15 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Your flowers are stunning!! Also I really struggle to eat when I'm severely stressed and anxious - I get very nauseous and have to force food down.  ❤️  I hope today has been better!! Love you Sal!

Hey Sky, thanks. 

Love you too xx

5 hours ago, Novaurora said:

One of the things I do to combat the stress and anxiety of "cooking a meal" is I have some go to "easy" things in my freezer that I can lean on when I'm not feeling up to it but want to resist going out (fish and chips, pan fried dumplings, pizza rolls (because I'm an adult, obviously), perogies, etc) or, you could batch cook and freeze a bunch and then have healthier meals that are easier to cook later.

Also, your flowers are LOVELY!!!

Good advice :)

And thanks xx

Hey all. 4.15pm. Been a slow day. Was a late night last night. Celebrating the website launch. It was a nice time. 

Im just tired today. 

Got through some emails though which needed replying to...so thats good. And watched the cricket a bit. 

Im getting a cold... prob too many late nights. Health running low :(

I have a meeting in 45 mins.... with an artist i MAY be collaborating with on a cool new project. 

Then im supposed to have therapy at 6pm. Which will be coming at a good time. 

Feeling sortof sick. I made a tuna salad sandwich just a while ago, and still feeling sick from it ugh. 

Maybe ill have a little lie down until the meeting. !!! 

More soon xx

• Like 4

Hey all. 8.45pm 

Just had a nice hot bath which has made me feel a bit more human...still...kinda angsty and low in mood. Feel like  a big baby tbh. 

Worried about a lot of things as  you all know. 

Just trying to take it easy. Im getting worried about my drinking a little bit. Im not drinking everyday but 2 times a week lately, i am drinking a large amount in one eve. etc. Meaning the following day is wasted as well. 😕 unsure what to do or think. 

Like tomorrow eve its my friends bday...so another night drinking. I could take some soda as well maybe and make sure i intermittently have a soft drink?! i dont know. 

I just feel like i need someone to shake me...slap my face...and make me start living a healthier life.  i could scream until my throat is raw. 

Sorry for the downer guys ❤️ xx

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I just feel like i need someone to shake me

Don't even start. You want me to fly to Manchester and chase you with a stick?

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Like tomorrow eve its my friends bday...so another night drinking. I could take some soda as well maybe and make sure i intermittently have a soft drink?! i dont know. 

That sounds like a good idea! You will be there to celebrate with your friend (the important part) and still be "drinking," even if some of it isn't alcohol.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aramis said:

Don't even start. You want me to fly to Manchester and chase you with a stick?

Hahahahaha yes please!!!!!! 😂

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Ranger Hal said:

That sounds like a good idea! You will be there to celebrate with your friend (the important part) and still be "drinking," even if some of it isn't alcohol.

Yes true. Thanks Hal, I will grab some soft drinks on the way tmoro x

• Like 2

Hey everyone, 8.15am here, sun is out :D it is going to be hot today, 30C...

Overnight, we had some news from our stupid, pathetic government, that round here is back in some sort of loose lockdown. No gatherings of more than two households or something...i dont even KNOW what the new rules are. They literally announced it on fucking twitter and every one is confused. 

Just means that my friend cancelled the mini gathering tonight for her birthday. Which i feel sad about, for her. Selfishly, im kinda glad?! Just means i wont drink tonight...and i think i need a good few days off the booze. 

I am going to call around to hers this morning though, and drop off her present. 

Plans today then:

- Take medication

- Refill pill box

- Call round to friends to drop off present

- Pick up my bean bag from other friends

- Put air in car tyres

- Nip to shop for pitta breads/milk

- Change Jacksons litter tray and clean

- Proposals x2 (write)

- Meeting around 1pm with artist about collaboration

- Begin funding application 

- Respond to incoming emails

- Clean kitchen (wash dishes, clean sides, clean oven, put bins out) 

- Tidy main room

- Cook a homemade meal for dinner

- Read for a little bit and relax

So a busy day!! But fine, i just need to keep going. Work/clean/cooking is main things to get done...everything else is a bonus tbh. I hope to enjoy the sun a little too...Maybe i can read out in the yard this eve?

Meeting at 1 is over zoom...will give me a focus i hope, for the proposal to write. 

Anyway. Speak soon ! xx

• Like 4

OH MAN..... now the gathering is back on but with only 2 or 3 of us...im invited 😕 

Not sure what to do, cant really NOT go...

Im making a massive deal out of this, unsure why. x

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Salinger said:

OH MAN..... now the gathering is back on but with only 2 or 3 of us...im invited 😕 

Not sure what to do, cant really NOT go...

Im making a massive deal out of this, unsure why. x

I can understand that sooooo well. Maybe tell a kind lie to not hurt her and stay home???? ❤️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

tell a kind lie

giphy.gif

Just tell the truth - that you are afraid to go because you don't want to drink, yet you want to meet. Maybe you can make a deal of limited booze supply? If she's your friend, she should understand either way.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

2 hours ago, aramis said:

Just tell the truth - that you are afraid to go because you don't want to drink, yet you want to meet. Maybe you can make a deal of limited booze supply? If she's your friend, she should understand either way.

Yeah - im making a big deal out of it and they wont even be bothered if i dont drink, i doubt. 

I think im just feeling pretty low for some reason today. So im being melodramatic. 

Ok my meeting is in 30 mins. I will clean the kitchen quickly, get a glass of orange juice then decide what i will cook for dinner....then meeting. xx

• Like 2

My meeting went well... some good stuff discussed. 

I then made flat bread with paprika halloumi, salad, mint and tzatziki.... :o it was amazing...

116843222_1857116014412517_6596190904022728532_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=b5YMPfGvrlAAX_LnFyn&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=83879ee5a2056c15c5216fe8015aa47a&oe=5F4B123D

116721453_619825831980751_829261377602376463_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=mSv_srEVs7cAX-zj8UF&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=41304178d479cff2b295041f994c244e&oe=5F49BBBE

Im pretty pleased with myself tbh, as it was good, wholesome, tasty, light...yum. oh and HOMECOOKED :)

Leaving in an hour or so...to my friends. So tired. xx

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • That's Metal 1

Hey all....

So its 11.30pm. I just got home. I went to the park, where the mini gathering was...And i took a sprite. I stayed about 3/4 hours and had a nice time. Was strange not drinking, especially as time went on and people became drunk. But i still had a nice time!! And stayed sober. 

Im pretty proud of myself for not drinking, its kind of a bit deal. Im not going to quit booze any time soon. BUT i showed i can have fun and stay sober. 

Im looking forward to waking tmoro and not feeling shit! hahaha

Plus i have stuff to do...so it will be a day not wasted. 

Still full up from my dinner so no snacks. Eaten well today. (had pita with cottage cheese & salad for lunch) 

Thanks for the advice when i was panicking earlier :) xx

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Hi friend ❤️

You're doing great.  I'M PROUD OF YOU!!  Enjoy your walk tomorowwwww.

Thank you for being so awesome!~

• Like 1

I like your challenge this time. Remember, if you believe you are worth it, you will take care of yourself. And so far, it looks like you are taking that to heart! Can't wait to see you rock this challenge!

• Like 2

Proud of you, Sal! As you said, you showed yourself that you can do it! That's wonderful ❤️ I'm glad you had a good time ❤️ Sending you best wishes for a good August!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, loire said:

Hi friend ❤️

You're doing great.  I'M PROUD OF YOU!!  Enjoy your walk tomorowwwww.

Thank you for being so awesome!~

Well hello there my love :)

Thanks Loire ❤️ walk though? What walk? haha are you pre-empting i get out the house? :P

Thank YOU for being awesome too xx

6 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

I like your challenge this time. Remember, if you believe you are worth it, you will take care of yourself. And so far, it looks like you are taking that to heart! Can't wait to see you rock this challenge!

Thank you Doug! I hope it continues xx

2 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Proud of you, Sal! As you said, you showed yourself that you can do it! That's wonderful ❤️ I'm glad you had a good time ❤️ Sending you best wishes for a good August!

Thanks so much Mia. You too.. Happy August! (how is it August already?! haha) xx

• Like 2

Hey all, morning. 7.30am. After the boiling hot day yesterday, its cooler this morn, and cloudy. 

I feel tired but no hangover! woooohoooo

I got bitten last night ughhhhh little bastards. so i have itchy legs!

Today its Saturday, but i have some work to do...

- Take medication

- Refill pill box

- Proposals for collaboration (start)

- Meeting around 11am with artist about collaboration

- Begin funding application 

- Write out budget for funding app

- Create video for Germany residency 

- Clean kitchen (wash dishes, clean sides, clean oven) 

- Cook a homemade meal for dinner

- Read for a little bit and relax

- Bath 

Not massively busy but actually it probably is hahahahha OH well. It is good that i am distracted. 

Tomorrow i am visiting my parents. Im kinda feeling very selfish and guilty about not being there more often. :( my dad is very ill and i feel i'm avoiding the situation.

I will stay overnight, then back to Manchester on Monday. 

Im a little nervous about my meeting at 11am...a lot of work to do but also, its good work. I just hate zooming hahahahah we have some solid ideas to get started!

Ok cup of tea time!!!!! xx 

Hey Sal!

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

BUT i showed i can have fun and stay sober. 

This is very important. Your brain might want to fight you and gaslight you into thinking you suck, but you proved it wrong.

When I feel sick but I should eat, I have one thing - banana, piece of bread and sour cream, hell even biscuits dunked in coffee.

If you can't bulk-cook a full meal, you can do half. If you have something half-done already, it's easier to, I don't know, make yourself put the rice on the stove, or mix the ingredients together and put them in a pan. This and last week, we managed to batch cook all our lunches on a Sunday. Takes a while, but wow does it relieve stress during the week (though yes, it's stressful when you need to shop or need to think of what it make for the week).

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

my dad is very ill and i feel i'm avoiding the situation.

It's normal. Maybe you can talk about it with him? Explaining and hearing from him might alleviate both of your concerns. And it's the opposite of pulling away.

• Like 1

Erm so my meeting went well?!

We have a research trip to Amsterdam ON WEDNESDAY....for 3 days... :o 

Going on the ferry, Wednesday eve. Coming back Saturday night. Whhaaaaat. 

Had a fancy hotel booked for me too. I just have to pay for the ferry and food/drink. 

Pretty crazy right?!

Covid stuff....its been researched hard, and its quite safe if sensible. Its much better in Holland than shitty UK anyway. 

Wow... 

Artist life guys xx

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

I am a DINGUS and thought you had a walk today ahaha but NOPE you already DONE DID IT

9 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Erm so my meeting went well?!

We have a research trip to Amsterdam ON WEDNESDAY....for 3 days... :o 

Going on the ferry, Wednesday eve. Coming back Saturday night. Whhaaaaat. 

Had a fancy hotel booked for me too. I just have to pay for the ferry and food/drink. 

Pretty crazy right?!

Covid stuff....its been researched hard, and its quite safe if sensible. Its much better in Holland than shitty UK anyway. 

Wow... 

Artist life guys xx

THIS IS SO AMAZING I CAN'T EVEN??? ? ? ???   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1