Salinger's thirty third challenge!

Salinger

47 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Erm so my meeting went well?!

We have a research trip to Amsterdam ON WEDNESDAY....for 3 days... :o 

Going on the ferry, Wednesday eve. Coming back Saturday night. Whhaaaaat. 

Had a fancy hotel booked for me too. I just have to pay for the ferry and food/drink. 

Pretty crazy right?!

Covid stuff....its been researched hard, and its quite safe if sensible. Its much better in Holland than shitty UK anyway. 

Wow... 

Artist life guys xx

holy shit!!!! that sounds awesome! Have as much fun as humanly possible! :)

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

especially as time went on and people became drunk.

Sometimes it can be interesting/fun being the only sober one......

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

well, you've been here for awhile but I have not.  I try to get more active! holland?

woot!

sounds like an amazing trip.  Take pics!  I've thought that it would be fun to do a drawing on one of your images; if you don't mind.

makes it kind of like a collaboration.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

14 hours ago, loire said:

THIS IS SO AMAZING I CAN'T EVEN??? ? ? ???   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!! :D x

13 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

holy shit!!!! that sounds awesome! Have as much fun as humanly possible! :)

Thank you FL!!! x

10 hours ago, TGP said:

well, you've been here for awhile but I have not.  I try to get more active! holland?

woot!

sounds like an amazing trip.  Take pics!  I've thought that it would be fun to do a drawing on one of your images; if you don't mind.

makes it kind of like a collaboration.

I will take pics yes :)  and yes to collab! x

• Like 1

Hey morning, 6.30am ... 

I slept ok i guess, could do with some more sleep though. 

In 2 and a bit hours, ill be leaving to drive to my parents for the night. Im feeling kind of worried about it...but need to just relax i think. Tomorrow morning is a phone appointment with the doctor for my dad to discuss treatment. Worried she will say there is nothing that can be done now :(  but i will try not to overthink until we speak to her. 

I feel quite anxious. Hate seeing my dad so poorly. 

Anyway, ill do some work whilst im back (will take laptop) and walk the dogs, and cook dinner probably. 

Then tomorrow afternoon, im back in Manchester. Work to do, flat to tidy....want it to be clean for when i leave for Amsterdam (Wednesday) mainly so i can relax, and come back to a nice clean place. 

PRESSURE. 

giphy.gif

Will try to keep relaxed as possible. xx

• Like 5

Hey all. 6pm. Having a little drink, break whilst potatoes cook. 

Fuck, its hard guys. I feel fucking shameful. 

My dad is so ill. 

I arrived here, went to his bedroom to say hello, he was asleep...i looked at him, frail, poorly. I could have ran away right then. Instead i softly woke him, and he sort of jumped a little and his face when he saw me. Utter joy. It broke me guys. I held it together though. just about. 

I sat with him a little. He asked me if i was worried about coming home to see him :( i lied. 

He told me he loved me. 

I almost broke again. 

I love him so fucking much, i cant bare life without him. There is so much left to do. But i cant see him getting better...

Sorry, this is the only place i can say this, write it down. Im on my own at the moment, and crying quietly. 

Thanks for being there, for making this a place to talk xx

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Salinger said:

I almost broke again. 

I love him so fucking much, i cant bare life without him. There is so much left to do. But i cant see him getting better...

You did great - you stayed strong for him. Against all odds, you didn't broke. I'm so proud of you. 

Hugs ❤️

• Like 3

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

22 hours ago, aramis said:

You did great - you stayed strong for him. Against all odds, you didn't broke. I'm so proud of you. 

Hugs ❤️

Thank you Aramis x

On 8/2/2020 at 7:11 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

heart-hugs for you! ❤️

thanks FL x

• Like 1

Hey all. Im back in Manchester. 

Tough tough tough but no need to repeat myself. 

This morning i went on a 90 min walk, quite a few hills. But was nice to be out, it was hot/sunny too. 

The dogs loved the stream and i got some photos (maybe the bridge one you could draw @TGP) also  would love to see a drawing with the dogs in it!! :)

116884515_664425414160016_4870051434957295038_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Kyz3b5RMDBkAX8HlznL&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=f78c74c7392191d49bf0fc066baff6b4&oe=5F4CE08E

117157742_209969787113606_671289987597512830_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=B10j0f-r3DsAX9Cff3M&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=0a6a7380886dcce7a186ba6bc0650b7d&oe=5F4D365C

116066753_346056126792386_1961099241235634516_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=233KuiySHgsAX-__OOk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=8e28566f0cdcbaef316b2c9480cf58a1&oe=5F4C7864

Im tired and achey - sitting on my sofa, Jackson is sleeping next to me. I had a nap when i arrived home, could have slept more. 

Im trying to self care this eve. 

Will have a bath. Ive lit some candles...maybe music on (calming stuff) 

I could watch something too or read. Its 7.30pm though so i wont stay up LOADS longer. 

Not sure how to carry on being normal? like do i worry for my dad constantly? Do i delve into work so im distracted? etc

I have a headache from the worry/stress. 

Ok i will put the bath on now :) xx

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

like do i worry for my dad constantly? Do i delve into work so im distracted? etc

The thing about worrying, is that all it has the power to do is make you feel worse.That saying about suffering twice and all. It can't change any outcome. It's hard to control it and it's not so simple as just deciding not to, but if it's not out of line to suggest, i'd recommend trying not to let it consume you. If distraction is what's going to help with that, by all means distract yourself. But even if you don't go for distraction, and instead just living your life as best you can, that's also good. Whatever feels right and natural and is a way of taking care of yourself. There really aren't any wrong answers. Also,  don't know if this is something you might need to hear, but choosing not to focus on the worry wouldn't mean you love your dad any less, or that you're a bad person.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's a hard, hard thing. Sending you all the hugs, friend. ❤️

• Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

thank you @Maggie-Miau that means a lot. good things to ponder as well. Thank you ❤️ xx

_______

Hey all , 9.15am and raining...i slept quite well. woke around 3am but managed to get back to sleep by 4. 

Just had to nip to the shops as ran out of milk! Grabbed some corn flakes too. Now im drinking tea and going through some emails. 

Got quite a busy day...

- Take medication

- Refill pill box

- Hair cut at 11.30am

- Make list for packing (include passport!)

- Tidy room and clean kitchen

- Wash dishes

- Hoover everywhere

- Meeting at 2.30pm

- Cook a meal

- Have a bath

- Watch the football

My hair is horrendous so im looking forward to getting it cut. Not getting a big change, just shorter and fringe put back in properly. 

Bit nervous about the meeting, its with an artist  i want to be in an upcoming exhibition. Feel under pressure. I am sure it will be ok though. 

Tomorrow i go to Amsterdam. aaaghhhhhh. Need to make sure i pack work things, notepad and pens, clothes, MEDS, passport, a book...im sort of excited and also terrified. 

We dont set off on the ferry till 8.30pm, its a night ferry. Goes from Hull which is about 2 hours drive away. So i will probably leave around 5pm or maybe 4 incase there is traffic!!!

We arrive in Rotterdam in the morning, then a short train trip into Amsterdam. 

xx

• Like 4

Hey all. Just a quick one really. Seems mega quiet in here this challenge? Wonder why? 

Im back in Manchester - Amsterdam was lovely, pretty, fun, tiring. I had a good time there and got some good work done. 

I had news whilst there that my dad almost died, he had to have emergency stuff to open up his airwaves and help him breathe. I felt sick and guilty being away from him. 

I just spoke to my mum and sister. Dads hopefully able to come home tomorrow unless deteriorates again.

I asked them if he may get better and they said no :( its just about making things comfortable for him until he passes :( devastated really. 

I love him so fucking much, my whole world is crashing down. How do you process that? 

Anyway, think i may have a nap,  i didnt really sleep much last night on the ferry. 

Then i should clean a little, sort my fridge out etc. 

Ill also post a few photos from the trip on here. 

Hoping people are around, to chat a little! xx

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Salinger said:

How do you process that? 

One day at a time.  It sucks, royally.  But there’s nothing we can do to stop it.  Spend as much time as you can with him, enjoy the time you still have as much as possible. Grieving will happen, now and after, but don’t let it keep you away.  

• Like 4

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

source.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. It's incredibly hard when there is nothing you can really do. Feel free to contact me if you want/need. I'm usually always around somewhere.

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

On 8/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Salinger said:

Hey all. Just a quick one really. Seems mega quiet in here this challenge? Wonder why? 

Im back in Manchester - Amsterdam was lovely, pretty, fun, tiring. I had a good time there and got some good work done. 

I had news whilst there that my dad almost died, he had to have emergency stuff to open up his airwaves and help him breathe. I felt sick and guilty being away from him. 

I just spoke to my mum and sister. Dads hopefully able to come home tomorrow unless deteriorates again.

I asked them if he may get better and they said no :( its just about making things comfortable for him until he passes :( devastated really. 

I love him so fucking much, my whole world is crashing down. How do you process that? 

Anyway, think i may have a nap,  i didnt really sleep much last night on the ferry. 

Then i should clean a little, sort my fridge out etc. 

Ill also post a few photos from the trip on here. 

Hoping people are around, to chat a little! xx

One of my friends from high school honored the 10th anniversary of losing her dad this week. A decade later, her pain has changed, but it's still there. I'm guessing your pain will be the same way.  ❤️  One thing that helps her a little is knowing how many other people remember and miss him too - every time she posts about him on Facebook, all of us chime in with our favorite memories of him or what still sticks with us all these years later. If you'd ever care to share some of your favorite things about your dad, so we can remember him and his life too, we would be honored to hear about him - I know he must be an incredible person to have raised a daughter as strong, smart, creative, kind and compassionate as you.  :) 

And no matter what happens, we'll be here for you in whatever way we can.  ❤️ 

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 44

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Pilgrim's Progress (32%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

5 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

One of my friends from high school honored the 10th anniversary of losing her dad this week. A decade later, her pain has changed, but it's still there. I'm guessing your pain will be the same way.  ❤️  One thing that helps her a little is knowing how many other people remember and miss him too - every time she posts about him on Facebook, all of us chime in with our favorite memories of him or what still sticks with us all these years later. If you'd ever care to share some of your favorite things about your dad, so we can remember him and his life too, we would be honored to hear about him - I know he must be an incredible person to have raised a daughter as strong, smart, creative, kind and compassionate as you.  :) 

And no matter what happens, we'll be here for you in whatever way we can.  ❤️ 

+1 ❤️

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

Hi guys. My dad passed away at 2:30AM this morning. 

My mum and sister and me  were able to be by his side. He wasn’t conscious but they said he could hear us. 

Im heartbroken, angry, sick, devastated and numb. 

He was my best mate, my one and only and the best dad a girl could wish for. 

X

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss.  You will be in my thoughts.

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar