Cheetah Is Consistent

Hello!

This challenge I want to focus on consistency.  I think that being consistent is critical for achieving my long term goal.  I feel as though I've made progress in this area, and I want to capitalize on that momentum. 

The two areas where I want to be consistent are food and exercise.  My current theory is that Fitness is nothing more than having the correct amounts of food and exercise.  Easy, right? 

In the food arena, I want to be consistent about eating mindfully.  I've done some bizarre food stuff over the years, and it's taught me a lot.  Now it's time to pull those lessons learned together into some wisdom.  I can eat mindfully, and I want to do this every day.  It's easy to tell when I've done it and when I haven't, so I don't need to quantify anything.  I'll just do my best and report results.

In the exercise arena, I have finally stripped away every possible excuse for not exercising.  I'm so happy about this that I want to look at them closely.

1.  No time. 

False.  My family is more than happy to let me take time to exercise.  Also I have started a habit of going home for lunch (I live very close to work) and I can get in 30-40 minutes of exercise every weekday.  There is almost always time on Saturday and Sunday to at least get a walk in.

2.  No Gym.

False.  I've been accumulating exercise gear for years.  I have a squat rack, three barbells, all kinds of weight plates, half a dozen kettlebells, various dumbbells, etc. etc.  Also, a couple of weeks ago I bought a treadmill so now I can't even say it's too hot/cold/whatever to go out and walk.  Failing all else, I can just go take a walk in the basement.

3.  No Motivation.

False.  Don't even try to be lazy, bro.  Don't even try.

So my exercise goal is to simply do something intentional every day, and there is literally no reason that I can't do that.

Side Quest:  I want to be more consistent about posting here in the forums.  It helps keep me honest and accountable, and it's good for me.  It can be a little hard to make time at the end of the day, but I'll do my best.

That's it.  Welcome Aboard.  🙂

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1
29 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Does this mean you are going to keep the same challenge title all the way through?

Possibly, but I'm not promising anything.  :-)

Monday was pretty successful overall  -

Food:  I ate mindfully for most of the day.  I did a particularly good job at dinner time.  We had biscuits and gravy, and I served a little bit and ate slowly, and found I was satisfied without going back for more.  However, I was slightly less than mindful when scooping my ice cream at the end of the day.  But only slightly.

Exercise:  I went home at lunch and did bench presses and barbell curls.  I really really want to buy a curl bar.  I have been saving up for some tattoo work, but I might buy a bar instead.  I'll have to shop around and see what I can get.  Maybe I can find a decent one used.

• Like 6

Our goals are similarly aligned.  Consistency is key.

Since the world has stopped, I have built up my garage gym. I too have removed the No Gym excuse.

Get after it.  One step after another.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, deftona said:

Following! And please tell me more about this tattoo work.

It's an arm band that I got in... 1996?  I think?  It was never finished and wasn't done very well.  I still like the design, which is mine, but I want to get it re-vamped.

Tp4VZK8.jpg

• Like 5

Tuesday -

Food - mindful except for a few extra french fries at dinner.  Pretty good day.

Exercise - at lunch I walked 1.5 miles in 30 min on the treadmill.

Not bad at all.

• Like 5

Hi

I saw Cheetah and Consistency and knew I had to stop in.

Great mindfulness areas of life.

I'll be adding my challenge in a bit and will copy some of your intentions in mine. Thanks in advance!

Cheers

• Like 1

Wednesday -

Food - Very good mindfulness today.  I was late to dinner and still managed to take my time and not go overboard.

Exercise - I came home at lunch and did a couple of sets of Romanian Deadlifts.  I'm going to have to work out a rep/set scheme for this lift.  It's a lot of fun.  🙂

I'm up late working.  Bleck.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Doctor Strange - Teach Me GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

for me the biggest difference happens when I slow down and drink a lot of water.  I literally put my fork down and take a drink of water between each bite.  You'd be amazed at how little you need to eat, especially if it's mostly vegetables.

• That's Metal 1

Thursday -

Food - I ate mindfully all day, which was very nice.

Exercise - I had to cover a class so I didn't get to go home at lunch, and I had to do some work at home,  so I didn't get to do anything in the evening.  some days are like that, but that's okay.  It's what you do 95% of the time that matters.  :-) 

• Like 4
On 7/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, Cheetah said:

In the exercise arena, I have finally stripped away every possible excuse for not exercising.  I'm so happy about this that I want to look at them closely.

I am sure an inventive and enterprising brain can come up with many more - which it can them cheerfully rip to shreds. :)

On 7/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, Cheetah said:

Side Quest:  I want to be more consistent about posting here in the forums.  It helps keep me honest and accountable, and it's good for me.  It can be a little hard to make time at the end of the day, but I'll do my best.

I have had this as part of my challenge for, oh, must be three years now. It's always been hard. It's still hard. But it's been very worthwhile.

The single most effective thing I've ever discovered in my health journey, is consistency.     And not this like, '2-3 week' kind.  2-3 month kind.    You have the tools, you have the grit.   You got this!

• Like 1
On 8/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, loire said:

Tattoo tattoo tattoooooooo -

But I'm biased, ahaha :DDD

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

The single most effective thing I've ever discovered in my health journey, is consistency.     And not this like, '2-3 week' kind.  2-3 month kind.    You have the tools, you have the grit.   You got this!

thanks!

I'm not going to try to catch up Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Remembering is too hard.  What I am going to try to do is find an app that I can use to post from my phone, because I've been doing it on Chrome and it's gotten really crappy lately with the new security that's in place.  Any suggestions?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm not going to try to catch up Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Remembering is too hard.  What I am going to try to do is find an app that I can use to post from my phone, because I've been doing it on Chrome and it's gotten really crappy lately with the new security that's in place.  Any suggestions?

You are having issues with Chrome on the desktop or mobile?

12 minutes ago, AgentsSka said:

You are having issues with Chrome on the desktop or mobile?

The mobile.  On desktop I use Firefox and have no issues.  On mobile I use Chrome, and the problem is the security keeps making me to a choose-the-pictures captcha every 5 minutes and it's obnoxious so I gave up.

• Like 1

Monday -

Food - good until dinner.  I did not eat mindfully at dinner or at ice cream time later.  Today will be a better day.

Exercise - I went home at lunch and did a few sets of shoulder presses and barbell curls.

A few days ago I almost pulled the trigger on a Rogue curl bar, but they're not available!  WTF Rogue?  So I'm going to wait because I'd rather not buy a cheap bar that I'm not happy with.  I should probably switch to dumbbell curls though; the last thing I need is to tweak a wrist or elbow.

Ha!  Nothing is in stock anywhere these days.  It's very much a crapshoot... unless you get involved with the various stockbots to alert you when something comes in stock.... but, even then no guarantees you are going to land one. 

I've been waiting on Titan's rackable curl bar to come back in stock (as well as a myriad of other things as I've been trying to build the garage gym during this pandemic). 

I found a 25lb kettlebell at Target, but they wanted $60 so I passed.  Then I came back and online searched, and realized ordering online would cost $45+20+ for shipping... now I wish I bought it!!!

• Like 1