The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 6: Rise of Jedi

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle. I did eat out again, I was having a hard time with food. I let myself get too hungry. I was sick when I woke up because I only got like 4 hours of sleep, so my only calories between 5:45am and 2:30pm were a cup of coffee (with splenda and creamer), an energy drink (low carb/cal), and a coffee beverage courtesy of my boss (white mocha w/ extra espresso). I ended up going home and low key binging for lunch, and then wanted Arby's for dinner. It was a sucky food day, but it was related to how exhausted I was. 

Today's plan is to get a work out/dance practice in around work and such. I'll be winging it a little as far as food goes, but that is what it is. I've got a spare can of soup floating around, and some Venison BBQ left. Tomorrow is a wedding that's 2 hours away. I'm bummed I can't actually stay for the reception, but I have a 2 hour drive back from a 6pm ceremony and I need to pick up the husband at 9.

Next week we'll be leaving town on Thursday to visit a friend for a few days, so I won't need so much as far as food is concerned. I might actually not need more than bare bones groceries now that I think about it. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:56 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Follow Sleeping Schedule 6-7x/week

Week 1: 4/6

Week 2: 4/6

Week 3: 4/6

Week 4: 1/6

Week 5: 0/6

Eat Out No More Than 1x/week

Week 1: 4/1

Week 2: 2/1

Week 3: 3/1

Week 4: 1/1

Week 5: 0/1

Dancing 3x/week!

Week 1: 1/3

Week 2: 2/3

Week 3: 3/3

Week 4: 0/3

Week 5: 0/3

Week 3 is in the books!

It's been a weird week for sure. My contacts have been misbehaving, making life a lot trickier than it needs to be. I think they're drying out, but I can't really do much about it that I'm not already doing. I probably need to go to the eye doctor but that just sounds like a miserable time right now. For all sorts of reasons.

I ended up eating out more than expected, but things are getting better slowly. Mr. Right and I got stuff to make together today (now to see if we actually do it....) for lunch prep for the week. And we've got a couple of recipes to cook for the week as well, though we don't need too much. 

Managed to actually get my workouts in this week! My class was so much fun. I'm about to purchase another pass so I can go to one again this week. Hopefully I start feeling less painful... I think I tweaked my back yesterday walking in heels on uneven ground.

Getting up has been hard still, but I'm getting up by 9am fairly consistently so it's a start. I'm just tired literally all the time.... But it's also very emotional. There's a lot going on right now. 

Gonna go grab some more eyedrops so I can actually see my laptop screen so I can finish up the things I need to do today. 

Have a good sunday everyone.

• Like 2

The last two days have just been survival >_> I was slammed with work trying to prep for today... Mr. Right and I are going on a mini-vacation to visit a friend. I'm super excited about it! 

Both myself and Mr. Right have work today, so we're leaving after 6pm for an 8+ hour drive (not really ideal but it'll be an adventure). I slept a ton in preparation for driving quite a bit. 

So we'll see what happens through the rest of today and don't worry if you don't hear from me for a couple days!

hey guys!

so this weekend was INTENSE! I did eat out a lot because my friend is still moving into her apartment. But most of it was local to her (Indianapolis) and was absolutely delicious. Bless.

We also FINALLY surprised Mr. Right with the fact that we were buying him a ball python!! He was so thrilled. We went to a reptile show and all three of us ended up with BPs! Mr. Right has a Banana Cinnamon morph BP named Xol (prounounced 'Zoul') and mine is a Vanilla Pewter morph named Danika ^_^ Our friend got a Pied morph she named Furiosa. They're so sweet! I love Xol and Danika ^_^ They're set up in their quarantine tanks to make sure neither of them has mites, and then after a couple months we'll get them set up in standard tanks :D 

Super tired because we got up this morning to find the internet out.. again. It was almost 4am when we got back home so both of us are tired and displeased about the work/internet situation. Hopefully today will go okay.

• Like 1

Again, a day.

Last night Mr. Right and I went to bed late because we got home late after he got off work. We also shared our snek friends with our neighbor friend and he was super stoked. He's coming over on Sunday for First Feeding :)

But I woke up in the night feeling stomach upset, and I'm not sure why. Only thing I can think is that I've been eating too much fast food, but I'm kinda up a creek otherwise. I'm doing the best I can with it but still. I hate how much fast food I'm eating. I'm going to the store tonight and I'm going to cook something simple for Mr. Right and I (tuna cakes, mac and cheese, and some form of veggie). I'll get this down, I just have to be understanding with myself that my situation without the internet isn't that great (more info under the spoiler)

Spoiler

So basically, without internet, I have to work out at the office. The office is great, but doesn't have a microwave so that severely limits what I can eat. I also have to work weird hours because Mr. Right and I only have one car. Like yesterday, I worked from around 1:30pm to around 8:30ish. Mr. Right worked 1-9pm so we didn't get home until after 9:30, closer to 9:45/10pm. I can't really cook or eat a meal that late, it tends to make me sick. Today I'm working from around 9am to about 4:30ish. I'm definitely going to be taking a couple of breaks to do important things like get lunch (we didn't have anything at home after being gone for 4 days) and grocery shop after that.

In short, if I don't already have something planned out for lunches that doesn't need to be warmed up, and my husband is working closing shifts, I'm honestly up a creek if I don't get food out. And I hate it. 

Today I'm super exhausted but I'm going to be as productive as possible so I can do what needs to be done.

• Like 1

When do you expect internet back? Sorry you have to deal with that. When you do eat fast food is there options that you choose that make your stomach happier? I like Chick-Fil-A or Wendy's because they have options besides fries for sides and  decent salads

• Like 1
On 9/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, Elastigirl said:

When do you expect internet back? Sorry you have to deal with that. When you do eat fast food is there options that you choose that make your stomach happier? I like Chick-Fil-A or Wendy's because they have options besides fries for sides and  decent salads

We actually just got it back an hour ago, but it goes out a lot.

I don't eat salads. Like.. I can't. This probably sounds super stupid, but I have a lot of feelings about salads because I was forced to eat crappy salads as a teenager by people who wanted me to be 'healthier' (read: thinner). So I honestly can't eat salads without feeling gross about myself. And they don't fill me up either, no matter what I put on them. I'm hungry again in an hour and it's a waste of food for me.

My other problem is money. I'll eat coffeeshop sandwiches, which are minutely better, but overall I'm trying not to break the bank here with my obnoxious fast food eating.

UGHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm trying really hard to keep it together. So far, with non-work things, it's been a pretty good day. But in the less than an hour I've been working it's just felt like a full on dumpster fire. Ugh. I'm trying not to feel like the dumpster fire is my fault. 

Today I'm going to a fitness class, which will be pretty fun, I just have to get there first. Wish me luck.

2 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

We actually just got it back an hour ago, but it goes out a lot.

I don't eat salads. Like.. I can't. This probably sounds super stupid, but I have a lot of feelings about salads because I was forced to eat crappy salads as a teenager by people who wanted me to be 'healthier' (read: thinner). So I honestly can't eat salads without feeling gross about myself. And they don't fill me up either, no matter what I put on them. I'm hungry again in an hour and it's a waste of food for me.

My other problem is money. I'll eat coffeeshop sandwiches, which are minutely better, but overall I'm trying not to break the bank here with my obnoxious fast food eating.

Not weird at all. I don't really find fast food salads very filling either. Except Panerra.  Oh, another idea is maybe to just buy some carrots or celery, or fruit to have for snacks. Then when you have your coffeshop sandwich you can also have a veggie. I've done that with fast food before, where I bring my own side

• Like 1
On 9/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, Elastigirl said:

Not weird at all. I don't really find fast food salads very filling either. Except Panerra.  Oh, another idea is maybe to just buy some carrots or celery, or fruit to have for snacks. Then when you have your coffeshop sandwich you can also have a veggie. I've done that with fast food before, where I bring my own side

Thanks :) That's not a bad idea. We did have sandwiches this week, which was helpful for the many many days I worked out of the house. 

~

Weighed myself this morning for the first time in a few weeks and I'm down a couple of pounds. I'm not upset about it, but I'm definitely working towards focusing more on what I'm eating. I've been eating like an entire idiot recently >_> I'd rather focus on moving and eating healthy foods most of the time than really dialing in on the numbers. They're supposed to be a guide so I know what I'm eating. 

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 6:56 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Get a Sleep Schedule

Week 1: 4/6

Week 2: 4/6

Week 3: 4/6

Week 4: 4/6

Week 5: 4/6

Eat Out Less

Week 1: 4/1

Week 2: 2/1

Week 3: 3/1

Week 4: 2/1

Week 5: 1/1

Move More

Week 1: 1/3

Week 2: 2/3

Week 3: 3/3

Week 4: 2/3

Week 5: 2/3

Eat Fewer Desserts

Well this is my challenge y'all! 

Overall, I think the best way to respond is with "not bad." I've seen improvements in building good habits overall. There are quite a few of these that I'll need to really dive into again for the next challenge but I'm very very okay with that. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sleep Schedule - I'm semi acceptable here. The problem is that I can't really get set more than I am. I get up before 9 4ish days a week. Several of those are super early mornings that are low sleep days that are inevitably followed by a sleeping in sort of day. I honestly can't really do more with that than I already am. I'm not going to short myself on sleep and most days I'm fairly functional with the assistance of several caffeinated beverages.

Eat Out Less - With the exception of our vacation, this has really improved. You can see how much that's gone down. We're still getting snacks sometimes or coffee, but I wanted to start with meals. I'll probably swap this goal to cooking for next challenge, because cooking and meal prep really help with this

Move More - This has really been awesome! Most weeks I'm getting in at least 2 workouts, and they're becoming more intense. I've been doing my dance fitness class once a week, with hope that I can work up to twice by the end of the calendar year. I can work out at home around those. I think what I might do for next challenge is to make a step goal. I can fulfill that with walks, with dancing, with whatever. I'm averaging around 1800 steps or so a day. I can do 2k for a week, then 2500, and try to get up to 4k steps by the end of the challenge. Walking is so good for me, and it's a great workout while the weather is nice. I won't be able to once it gets super cold because asthma, but it'll be great through fall.

Eat Fewer Desserts - Mixed results. I'm tracking with MFP, but I'm doing it because of the amount of eating out I've been doing. I don't have a lot of choice. But hopefully soon I'll have a better grasp on my eating habits. I'm getting better for sure, but I'm having some emotional issues right now and my instinctual reaction to that is always "Eat the foods"

Whelp, next challenge is going to be posted soon, see you guys there!

Let The Force Be With You GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1