Hobbit! Self Esteem! Good Times!

ladyofthebog

15 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Loving the pictures you post!❤

thank you!

10 hours ago, "Jake" said:

Every time I scroll past these two I do a double take, There are 4 rocks that line up Perfectly between the photos and a few others that are pretty close.

image.png.2d4245b8a5127f5f5a0fff7d7f9b8193.png
The larger one 1/3 from the bottom really gets me, the markings around the edge are similar too.

that's so strange and interesting! 

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

44 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

I use a face moisturizer/spf cream from rodan and fields. If anyone has something to recommend in the 15-30 spf range please let me know! Other days, I use one from evan healy.

Not really... I use too many actives on my face to settle for anything less than SFP 50+.

I have a number of Japanese and Korean sunscreens  on my "to repurchase" list if you are interested though...?

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

10 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Not really... I use too many actives on my face to settle for anything less than SFP 50+.

I have a number of Japanese and Korean sunscreens  on my "to repurchase" list if you are interested though...?

Yes! Super interested! If it’s 50+ and not super thick would like that too? I’ve kind of reconciled myself with wearing a hat every single day at this point but would like the option for more protection! Hiking and river and all of that I use some neutrogena thing, I think 50+ but it’s not an everyday moisturizer in my mind 

• Like 1

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

On 8/14/2020 at 1:40 AM, Aθena said:

Yasss :) Face massages with oils in general or in particular with cleansing oil?

My current skin routine is not impressing but what is impressing is I have managed to actually make it a routine. I am currently using Rose facial wash, a random Nivea face tonic and a day cream with 15 SPF. Massaging while adding the cream or at least intentional rotating movements instead of just slapping it all on.

Affirmations help me too. I look at it like: I have clearly self-brainwashed myself into having all these shitty thoughts about myself. Then I should not feel silly while repeating empowering things. 

Current favorites are: "I have a right to take up space./To be here/To speak up" 

And (a line from Robert California in an ep of the Office that impressed me a lot :D ) "I am never uncomfortable." 

Other things include:

* Breathing deep and even. Confident people often have a very even, slow breath I have read. Also sort of observed without it getting creepy :D 

* Calming down my fidgetting

* Watching what words I use. I like being almost like the Canadian stereotype but having an apologetic word choice all of the time kind of... Gets to you. 

* Writing down the BS I worry about/pull myself down for, assessing if I can do smth about those things. If yes, I make a new list. If no, I move on to the next item until I finish it. I then proceed to do horrible things to that first paper. ( :D Tearing it down in pieces... Burning... Safely! )

* Moving! Literally shaking things off, maybe a  Grace Anatomy power pose, yoga, dancing to songs with empowering lyrics, that kind of stuff.

* Meditating on how I contribute to other people's lives & how important and valuable I find other people in my life. 

* Doing an easy adulting task while I praise myself excessively. :D Depends on what I am not confident about of course.

* Watch a doc/think about a confident person and try to "channel that energy".  Kind of a "what would X do" thing. And forget about myself and my lack of confidence about doing a thing for a moment.

* Think about times where I did feel confident and channel that version of me as often as I can. Idk why this and the previous bulletpt help. Maybe it is a way of getting out of the habit to... not be a confident person? Idk. Just sharing :D

For some reason I just saw this! Will respond after river today!! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

Yes! Super interested! If it’s 50+ and not super thick would like that too? I’ve kind of reconciled myself with wearing a hat every single day at this point but would like the option for more protection! Hiking and river and all of that I use some neutrogena thing, I think 50+ but it’s not an everyday moisturizer in my mind 

All of these are SPF 50+, and PA ++++ (that's the UVA protection rating used in Japan and Korea). Unless they are marked as water proof, they are water based, which makes them easier to remove, including by accident when doing athletic things outdoors on a hot day. I buy these from Amazon US or from YesStyle.

Purito Centella Green Level Unscented

Canmake Mermaid UV Gel

Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel (waterproof)

Kose Suncut UV Aqualy Protect Gel

Kose Suncut UV Perfect Gel Super Waterproof

Kose Suncut UV Perfect Essense Super Waterproof

There was a sale on the Kose Suncut sunscreens that day. 😛  (Also the shiny packaging tricked me!) The "super" waterproof designation is their's by the way. Personally, I refer to them as bullet proof against sweat and friction, and as an extra bonus, they can be reapplied onto sweaty or wet skin with minimal fuss. If I was going hiking, I would take the Kose gel or essence with me.

• Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29