• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Mr_Willes: Session 0

16 hours ago, Jarric said:

Looks solid dude, and of course I thoroughly support the Ziggurat principle.

I thought you would! Well it makes the Challenge "acceptable" if that makes any sense... Well you know me long enough to know i don't have all my ducks in a row...

Ducks in a row Memes - Imgflip

15 hours ago, Terra said:

But what is this one for?!?!?!  

Work In Progress Sticker by Pat Mapili for iOS & Android | GIPHY

(but it could might as well been: Wholeheartedly Into Pottery)

Love Ghost GIF - Love Ghost DemiMoore - Discover & Share GIFs

13 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

I'm glad your base is accountability. We like seeing you around these parts.

Oow thanks! I like being here, and honestly, the more time i spend here, the better my challenges go and the better i actually feel. Why isn't this one of those vicious cycles... But no!!! Getting stronger and healthier has to be hard AF!

I did have to come to an agreement with myself for allowing this: It is okay to just quickly report in, it is not mandatory to post a daily report that is spectacular!

I have this urge to only post when i actually did something, which automatically means that when i start to derail i also don't post and that makes the derailing go even faster!

That's why i put it at the base, no points of i don't do accountability

• Like 5

In other news, i just got a call from the Ducati dealer i visited last week. He can accept my proposition for a new bike. So March 2021 i can pick up my Multistrada in the NEW color GP White!

Ducati on Twitter: "Welcome to the land of #Ducati! Discover ...

2020 Ducati Multistrada 950 S now in GP White colours - paultan ...

Ducati has a new Multistrada 950 S in GP White | webBikeWorld

We made a deal on it, he is ordering it now. Gonna use it as a demo-bike until February and then he is gonna sell it to me.

25 GIFs That Perfectly Describe How Excited We Are for April ...

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

55 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

That's a sweet looking ride

Thanx man! I'm gonna feel a bit better when we worked out all the quirks, that's gonna be next friday. But the first (and biggest) hurdle has been taken!

• Like 1

Also this is now a part of my life:

Fortnite kopen - Microsoft Store nl-NL

As my son has been harrassing me to play with him, i finally gave in, installed it and played a few games together (duo). He was impressed by my shooting skills, and he was pretty let down about my building skills. So i basically said...

Get Off My Lawn GIFs | Tenor

But it's fun cause my sister and her husband also play this, and now can do squads together. Pretty cool!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

(but it could might as well been: Wholeheartedly Into Pottery)

Damm - I can't post the gif I want!  Again I'm at work!  😏

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

tumblr_mgmoonRZTn1rqg00io7_r1_250.gif

Notable matchups highlight Week 2 of ACC hoops action ...

Cause there is a  huge sparkle in my son's eyes when i ask him if we should play a game together. I also got the feeling that he is pretty good at it (i'm, not sure yet).

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Terra said:

Damm - I can't post the gif I want!  Again I'm at work!  😏

Getting me worked up again, cause your previous GIF-game was

Pamela Rabe On Point GIF - PamelaRabe OnPoint Exactly - Discover ...

Teach You GIFs | Tenor

Yoda GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So yesterday was a bit of an odd day. The wife was expecting the result for her Corona test and halfway the morning we found out it was negative. So she packed her bags and got to work. I needed to drop the kids off at my mom as my MIL (who usually takes care of the kids when we both have to work) is in the hospital for a scheduled surgery, we also heard from her and besides being high from the morphine everything was fine. My mom had some stuff she had to do in the morning so we agreed that i drop off the kids just before lunchtime on my way to work.

Around 1.5h before we agreed my mom calls me telling she is already home and i can bring the kids. So we hastily pack stuff and i got over there. Worked the rest of the day, first time back at the job after vacation. Good to see everybody again, and there wasn't even a big mess of stuff waiting for me.

Pinky Are You Pondering GIF - Pinky AreYouPondering - Discover ...

I like to think i've got things going pretty good at work! And all they see at work is:

And Just Like That Meme - Imgflip

After work we agreed to eat at my mom and seeing i was only half a day at work i didn't feel comfortable going home early for a running session. My wife was pretty late for dinner so things got late pretty fast. After sleeping pretty bad for 2 nights in a row i went to bed at a pretty sensible time.

This morning i let the kids wake us up as it's Mrs_Willes' birthday. So we opened some presents in bed (not that kind!), the ones that the kids made. She already got the soupmaker she wanted, last week. We have already enjoyed two delicious soups (tomato and zucchini) from it. She is quite happy with it. This also means that running today will not work out, when i get home we will have most of the inlaws over and have dinner together.

• Like 4

I came home hungry yesterday, wife was in the kitchen making stuff for her birthday. So i devoured something sweet in no time. Realizing i forgot to eat the stuff i put in the oven at work during lunch... Ooow

BRB

Yeah it was still in the oven, thankfully someone turned the oven off

Whoops GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Anywho

We had some dinner with the inlaws and my mom who came over for the birthday. I actually like this format of inviting just a few people instead of everyone at once. You really get time to talk with everyone.

Ended up drinking a couple of fine dark beers.

Leffe Dubbel 30 cl

I bought a few last week cause they were on sale.

For tonight the kids are going to my mom's again, and we will have dinner there again, so probably again no workout today. I'm really gonna try to do some workout tomorrow. Right after my appointment at the Ducatidealer.

Not much more to report. So see you guys tomorrow!

• Like 6

On 8/26/2020 at 1:23 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Getting me worked up again, cause your previous GIF-game was

LOL - WIP

tenor.gif?itemid=14745983

I'm hiding these ones....  Be forewarned they are funny but totally inappropriate too! 

Spoiler

alison-brie-sexy-stroke.gif

JbCdE4RQ9Wr5rGIv0msCp9_XOesZRY7FEu_Bx_Bc

😉

Nice bike!!!  Wahoo on the negative covid test!  Hope you get a run in soon!!!  

• Like 2

The one I could see (in the spoiler) is very much approved! Too bad I can't see the second one.

Quick check in for today.

Good breakfast!

Bought a new motorbike

Fixed a computer

Had cheese and ham grilled sandwiches

Did a 15k run

Didn't binge on super yummy dinner

Showered

Worked a bit

Having a beer now...

All good here!

• Like 5

Yesterdays run:

image.png.87e7b88c9286a0f336e06632514d1eab.png

After my last run was much much slower i was a little bit scared that i would need a revive. That's why i did this shortish run. I'm gonna add about a K each run for the next few runs. Just to ramp things up again.

Tonight after work and dinner, i have planned some work at my cousin's. After that a haircut and the evening will be pretty much done.

Tomorrow evening after work and dinner me and the FIL are going to hang new shutters. We bought shutters for almost all windows facing the sun. It was a pretty big investment, which we decided to save some money on by doing the actual hanging by ourselves (that saved almost 1/3 of the total costs). My FIL is a carpenter but can do pretty much anything that needs to be done in and around the house. So we are pretty confident we can easily do this ourselves. I'm not very handy, but i do have a keen sight on how to figure out the best options of doing a job. So together we get things done pretty well usually. I'll post some before and after pics when we are done.

But no workout probably today or tomorrow.

• Like 6

I only have the before picture.

IMG_20200901_190220.thumb.jpg.36ac044c1adf0c185b23038f015fd61e.jpg

We got 2 windows done. It was getting pretty dark when we finished #2. So that's why no after picture. I will try to get a good front side view for a before and after picture. (This is the (sunny) side of the house)

The first shutter was a bit of figuring out how the system works, but eventually we figured it out and the second one was up in no time. I'm so glad i saved big bucks on installation!!! It was a little bit of figuring out how to program the wireless electrical engines operating them, and i couldn't seem to figure it out yesterday. The written manual was total rubbish. And even the youtube vids i found weren't very helpful. But i still basically got it working yesterday evening. A little bit of youtubing this morning resulted in quite a few videos about how to program these specific shutter-engines. The problem was the fact that we received pretty new shutter-engines and all the vids i found yesterday were from the older model. I'm all set to get things right tonight. Hopefully we can finish all the rest (3 windows) cause we need to set up some scaffolding to get the 1st story windows.

Again no workout will be done today.

Found a nice picture of the front of our house as before picture:

image.thumb.png.31be4917ae6e9bfec7b40d37e6e04206.png

• Like 4

Doesn't sound like you need too much of a workout man if you're messing with these shutters all day, particularly when you get to climbing scaffolding to do it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Doesn't sound like you need too much of a workout man if you're messing with these shutters all day, particularly when you get to climbing scaffolding to do it.

That's true, it's not like i'm couchsurfing the whole evening.

I was glad my FIL requested a nice cold beer yesterday after work. I craved one riding home from work.

I'm guessing my MIL will join him this evening so i guess we will have some drinks again.

• Like 2

Okay for a side by side comparison:

IMG_20200901_190220.thumb.jpg.36ac044c1adf0c185b23038f015fd61e.jpg     image.thumb.png.ac2c2abafdb3198d181539a63195fb1a.png

And as i guessed, we didn't have the time to finish all the shutters yesterday as our house is a bit crooked in some walls. Well, actually, all walls are just a bit crooked.

So most time spent yesterday:

image.thumb.png.17e70958183b97afd0c18d74e5896758.png and image.thumb.png.16f011e74e57b605cfc291a3ffff2507.png   

• Like 3

Oow yes, we had some drinks afterwards. And those drinks turned into a snack. And that snack turned into devouring 2 left-over bags of chips...

Ralphie sad GIF on GIFER - by Guran

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.31be4917ae6e9bfec7b40d37e6e04206.png

image.thumb.png.4fde5d43ee591acfa84fd66b8f3c9f30.png

Finally done, i can get back to working out hopefully tomorrow. Today i'm gonna go to the inlaws to get fix their shuttes, they've got 2 small ones so that won't be a problem. And knowing my FIL he will probably already have them up but will want me to program the remote control.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

That looks like quite a workout getting everything all done.  Must be nice having that all completed

It wasn't really that much of a workout, even when we put up the scaffolding twice. I think running up and down the stairs to get stuff for my FIL was more of a workout :D 

I'm very pleased with the result it looks good, the shutters operate pretty quiet, and i'm curious to see the benefit.

• Like 2