Week 3, Friday

Pull Ups: Rest Day

Hike:

Knots (5 min): flat ground climb practice

Dishes: done

Clean (5 min)

DailyDare: 60 seconds squats

Compline: done

Skipping cleaning in favor of going to bed. I have to be up early tomorrow.

I spent over 12 hours climbing a mountain. Rock climbing is pretty awesome! I'm going to relax tonight and not worry about getting challenge stuff done. (Knots gets checked off for sure though! And today's DailyDare is "climbers" which I find pretty funny!)

• Like 3

The approach was about 2 miles on trail and then almost a mile of boulder hopping. It was kind of wet during that (some drizzly rain and we were also inside a cloud for a bit), but it started to clear up when we got to the base of the climb and turned into a beautiful day. The climb was four pitches. The first pitch had a slightly tricky spot. The second one had a spot that I found really difficult, but I managed eventually. The third and fourth pitches went pretty smoothly. We hung out at the top for a while before rappelling down. Then we had to do the boulder hopping and hiking out which seemed way longer than when we went in.

• Like 2

Week 3 Summary:

Pull Ups: 2/3

Hike: no

Knots (5 min): 6/7

Dishes: 6/7

Clean (5 min): 5/7

DailyDare: 6/7

Compline: 6/7

Sunday was meh. I didn't feel like doing anything. There was probably some low after the high of the climb. Also, this time of month is generally a low anyway, so blah.

Week 4, Monday

Pull Ups: Retest benchmark

Hike:

Knots (5 min):

Clean (5 min): swept the kitchen floor

DailyDare: 40 scorpion twists

What with climbing and then being meh on Sunday, I didn't do the chin-up benchmark over the weekend, so I did it today. I made it to Level 10 and got not quite half of a pull-up!

• Like 3

Motivation vanished. I did a hike on Wednesday and pull-ups Week 5 Day B on Thursday. I probably did a few other things, but I don't remember. This weekend, well, I'm just going to say that SAR people are insane and leave it at that.

I'm going to remove knots from the list. I'm pretty happy with the practice I got in over the first couple of weeks of the challenge. Right now, it feels like a waste of time to keep practicing the same knots (especially every day) when I remember them pretty well.

• Like 1

I think I need more organization on the cleaning task. I'm going to break down the house into areas and rotate through them.

Here's the list:

• Bedroom
  • Bathroom/Laundry
  • Living Room
  • Computer Room
  • Kitchen

Because outdoor cleaning/yardwork is somewhat weather dependent, it can be inserted at any time and will bump the next area on the list to the next day. I will be starting at the top of the list with bedroom today.

Also, what's up with me not wanting to go to the store? I'm out of several food items and I badly need new sheets (why do bottom sheets wear out so much more quickly than top sheets?), but I keep putting off making a list.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Maybe due to Covid? It can be nerve wracking going to the store these days. 

Partly, yes, because if there wasn't Covid, I'd just go to the store for the 3-4 things I need. Now, I feel like that's not enough to justify a trip to the store and I should wait until I have made a longer list.

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope you are ok Hal :) xx

Besides needing to get back on track for the challenge (and probably needing to go to bed earlier), I'm doing pretty well :)

Week 5, Monday

Pull Ups: Rest Day

Hike:

Clean (5 min): swept bedroom floor

DailyDare 20 up & down planks

Made oatmeal raisin muffins that I will have for breakfast tomorrow!

• Like 1

This is the last week of the challenge, isn't it? It would be nice to be excited about a challenge. Right now, this one mostly feels like chores that have to be done. No excitement. Well, the pull ups workout is kind of fun. I've enjoyed working out along with the videos. But most everything else...blah. What makes a challenge fun?

Week 5, Thursday

Pull Ups: Week 6 Day B

Hike: Week 5 done

Clean (5 min): living room - tidied and put things away

DailyDare: 2 minutes elbow clicks

Week 5, Saturday

Pull Ups: Week 6 Day C

Hike: Week 5 done

Clean (5 min): washed dish basin and wiped down counters

DailyDare: 40 squat hold side bends

• Like 1

This week, I kept doing some (but not all) of the things. I did keep up with the pull-up workouts and the chin-up challenge ended today. I went from around Level 7 at the beginning (top hold for 5 seconds) to Level 10 (chin-up negative over 10 seconds) and can do about half a pull-up! Not quite as much progress as I wanted, but still a lot of improvement!