Scott's challenge 🏃‍♂️💧

Hi there! I'm a casual runner and full-time software developer who could use a kick in the butt to get a regular fitness routine in order. Really stoked to sign up for this latest challenge. :D

• (Fitness) Run 4x/week. It's hot here in southern Ontario this time of year, but I'm fortunate to have a treadmill at home. I already run anywhere from one to three times a week (on the weeks I can muster the energy, hah!) Getting back into a regular running schedule would be great. My sub-goal here is to complete a 10k.
  • (Diet) Drink 6-8 pints of water each day. Somebody once told me that drinking lots of water is especially good with a sedentary job because you can't ignore regular breaks. You know, cause of all that water. 😅 I already drink about 3 pints a day, so this would mean being a little more mindful.
  • (Diet) Prepare healthier meals. Intermittent fasting has been a part of my life for a year or so, and it's been great. However, I don't put as much time into lunch/dinner meal prep as I should. This is extra bad because I'm vegetarian and should be more mindful about protein. Also, carbs are too delicious. 😭
  • (Life) Meditate at least 3x/week. Like running, I would love to make this a regular practice. Life feels better with meditation and reflection!

Thanks, all! Looking forward to following along with your challenges. :D

• Like 7

Welcome, Scott.

I'm a runner, as well.  I had fallen off the wagon quite a bit and used last challenge to get back into the swing of things.  I actually have a goal of running a 10K by the end of this challenge.

Regarding the water - I find it hugely beneficial to have a large water bottle with me throughout the day.  It helps keep track of how much water I've consumed throughout the day when I can just think about how many 32oz bottles I've consumed.  I'll also drop a nuun tab into one of the bottles to change up the flavor profile.

Good luck with the challenge!  How did day one go?

• Like 2

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

On 7/31/2020 at 11:10 PM, MezzotheLefty said:

Good luck! Meditation is one of my goals too. Life is absolutely better when I feel more calm and mindful. 

Do you use an app or youtube guided meditations? Or just a timer and some quiet time?

Thanks! @jegan mentioned Insight Timer, which was also recommended to me and has been awesome so far. Can't beat the free price tag either. 😂

On 8/2/2020 at 7:36 PM, AgentsSka said:

I'm a runner, as well.  I had fallen off the wagon quite a bit and used last challenge to get back into the swing of things.  I actually have a goal of running a 10K by the end of this challenge.

Awesome! Great to have more running buddies. 😄

On 8/2/2020 at 7:36 PM, AgentsSka said:

Good luck with the challenge!  How did day one go?

Thanks for asking! I was camping until late yesterday afternoon, so today is technically my first day. Still pumped and ready to drink all the water!

• Like 1

Day 1 followup (Tuesday, was camping until Monday night):

• (Fitness) Had a great run yesterday! I ran 4k on an indoor treadmill watching walking videos so it felt like an outdoor run. 😂Highly recommend: https://www.youtube.com/user/Rambalac
  • (Diet) Chugged about 8 pints of water throughout the day, so that's on pace!
  • (Diet) Had a really good vegetarian rice and beans wrap for dinner. I'm not great with lunches. So maybe half-complete for the day here? No candy snacking, at least!
  • (Life) Funny enough, sitting and staying still was the part I didn't do yesterday. 😅 Going to take time today to meditate instead.
  • Like 1

Hi Scott! I like your challenge a lot...and like Dark Raider said, I am absolutely psyched to follow all things running. Since you already have some experience with running and are mostly looking to build on a habit, I think you are well set to crush your goals. The walking videos sounds like a fantastic idea for the treadmill!

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016