Waanie is climbing again

Waanie

On 8/29/2020 at 7:07 AM, Waanie said:

I'm considering to focus more on nice things I did on particular days; I'm getting stuck in the feeling that I'm not doing enough. Maybe write down one activity per day that could be "social media-worthy" if I'd use that? Like making beautiful food, or going on a nice walk, or something about my exercise that day, etc. How do you guys deal with this?

Whatever works best for you. But honestly, it sounds like you're doing plenty to me. :)

• Like 2
On 8/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, Waanie said:

I'm considering to focus more on nice things I did on particular days; I'm getting stuck in the feeling that I'm not doing enough. Maybe write down one activity per day that could be "social media-worthy" if I'd use that? Like making beautiful food, or going on a nice walk, or something about my exercise that day, etc. How do you guys deal with this?

I also put my household chores in Trello now, so that have a handy todo-list anywhere I go ;). This is on top of my BuJo, which contains all my to-dos and which I do not share with my partner. We're now consciously planning what to do next month chores-wise as well, because if we don't do that then nothing seems to happen. Hopefully this will help!

That's definitely a good thing to focus on, just to feel a bit more accomplished! That's what I use my bujo dailies for, just lists of positive things I did, wether it's doing the dishes or reading a book to my kid... anything counts- the longer the list, the better. It does help me shift the mindset of never good enough. 

The monthly chores planning sounds like a good idea too! might steal that. 

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 9/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, Jupiter said:

Whatever works best for you. But honestly, it sounds like you're doing plenty to me. :)

Thanks! I'm not sure what I'll do, but now that work has started again, this is less of a problem. I think I'll try the thing of KB Girl first :).

On 9/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, KB Girl said:

That's definitely a good thing to focus on, just to feel a bit more accomplished! That's what I use my bujo dailies for, just lists of positive things I did, wether it's doing the dishes or reading a book to my kid... anything counts- the longer the list, the better. It does help me shift the mindset of never good enough. 

The monthly chores planning sounds like a good idea too! might steal that. 

I like your idea of daily "good things done" list :). I currently use my BuJo for todo lists, but there's no reason not to make two lists for every day ;). Today I already did more than ten things if you count all, which indeed feels good to see.

Last week I was on holiday to the south of the country, which meant on one hand that I didn't think about my challenge much, but on the other hand I was very active with hikes every day and visits to museums and the like. On Sunday I went climbing with my former climbing partner (who moved away), which was fun. We went to a gym about halfway the country, and it's always nice to see that in other gyms, I easily climb 2-3 grades above my normal grade.

The second wave of covid is making me a bit nervous about what to do and what not to do. I decided that I find the orchestra too risky atm, but that climbing and family visits should be fine. The worst is the anxiety to determine which risky behaviour is still acceptable, and which is not. I can't live locked down, I would go crazy. On the other hand, I also don't want to be part of the problem why we have a second wave now. It's hard!

Challenge-wise, I'm happy with this challenge. I improved my climbing again by a lot, and I'm close to my February-level again. I also became noticeably stronger and I haven't had hip- or back-problems since starting to focus on mobility. My weight has stayed more or less constant, with fluctuations between 62kg and 63kg.

I don't know yet what I'll do next challenge, I guess I still have a few days to come up with a plan ;).

• Like 2