Flea knows something you don’t know

fleaball

I am so fucking anxious today. Mostly because I have to get (and put away, and think about) groceries and because of the weather. But since I’m already in that headspace, everything else is magnified and empowering the gremlins. Like, we’re back to “oh hey my boob hurts, probably because I slept on that side all night, but I guess that means I’m dying of breast cancer.” 

• Sad 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yuuuuuuup fuck today. Get to the store, 75% of my order is missing. I literally only have stuff from the produce department and nowhere else. I know things are crazy right now but I cannot imagine that everything is out of stock. And I am sitting in the car crying right now because I am so fucking done with this shit. 

• Sad 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I’m so frustrated. The groceries thing isn’t anyone’s fault (unless I find out that whoever was supposed to shop the rest of my order just didn’t do it). But it’s killing me because I didn’t want to pick it up today anyway. The only reason I did is that my brother had asked for stuff he couldn’t get at work and needed/wanted tonight since he’s off. Which is part of the stuff they didn’t give me so Womp. But I am ridiculously fucking upset about this. I stressed out placing the order in the first place. I’ve been stressed out all day about having to go get it, never mind the other stresses I’ve been dealing with. And now I have to call the customer service number and try to figure out what the fuck is happening. And then either go pick up the other shit tomorrow or just do another order much sooner than I’d like because I can’t do anything with what they gave me. At best I can make the worlds most random salad but I don’t have any dressing for it so fuck that. 

• Like 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Literally just screamed in frustration and scared poor boobcat. I really just want to scream forever. 

What did I find out after FORTY-FIVE MINUTES on hold? Apparently their machine only printed out the part of my order than I received and then it had an issue and couldn't print the rest. So they "did their best" and just shopped the stuff on the list they had. This service didn't exist when I still worked for the company so I don't know how it works behind the scenes, but my deadline to modify the order was noon and my pickup window was 6-7 pm. I refuse to believe that in six fucking hours no one was able to fix the thing or figure out some alternative. So I'm only getting charged for what I picked up today, the lady on the phone reordered all the other stuff I didn't get and waived the pickup fee for it, BUT somehow there were no pickup slots available for tomorrow so I have to wait til Thursday to go get it. At the same time, "the girl who usually does the online pickup stuff" for this store is supposed to call me in the morning to... idk? Phone lady wasn't clear on why, she just said she put a note in for this girl to call me in the morning. 

Icing on the cake, my father had asked for bread and cold cuts, which I obviously didn't get. So when I told him about this whole ordeal he fucking went to the store across the street to go get those things. And didn't tell me or my brother that he was going. I honestly don't know why I'm surprised but Jesus Christ, I just told you none of us got what we wanted and you can't even say "hey I'm going over, is there anything you really need tonight?" 

I think I'm going to start a new game of FFXII for lack of anything else to do. I need some kind of distraction. And maybe killing things will help me deal with some of this anger that I have no other outlet for. Which is actually fucking hilarious: I'm losing my shit over this and how ridiculous it is, but the lady on the phone kept thanking me for being understanding and whatever. Because I am not a person who yells at customer service people, especially when they're helping me with an issue they had nothing to do with causing. Like, find the person who decided not to figure out the rest of my order? They're dead. Random employee who brings out my order and random lady on the phone trying to figure it out? Nah. And honestly even though I know from experience that plenty of people treat customer service folks like they're less than human, it still pisses me off that this lady was genuinely appreciative that I was working with the solutions she gave me and not trying to murder her through the phone. 

Okay. Yeah. Gonna go kill some pixelated things. And maybe scream at them. A lot.

• Like 6
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Is it secretly Monday???!??

- got food on my way home from the store. Didn’t even open it until after my hour-long phone call. My goddamn sandwich was made wrong. 

- playing FFXII again. Instead of starting a new save file I just fucking saved over my most recent game, which I’d put 130+ hours into and was the most complete play through I’d done so far  

what. the fuck. is happening today??

• Sad 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Got woken up by the phone call from the grocery store. Apparently the printer did not break, the girl doing the shopping just didn’t do anything? There was someone else who showed up to get their order yesterday and left with nothing. Yikes. 

So crisis averted, I’m getting my groceries tonight. Except I’m hella confused because the lady I spoke with just now said she had called the 800 number herself just before she called me and according to them I was charged the full amount for the order, not the adjusted amount I was told on the phone last night. So now I have to watch my credit card and see what happens because I don’t want to get charged multiples times or wind up only paying $20 for $80 of food. I’m also getting a credit toward my total, which she said was the highest she could go but “if that’s not enough, the store manager is aware of the situation and he’ll probably give you a gift card if you ask.” And she seemed surprised when I said that was unnecessary. Despite how pissed I was yesterday I just don’t see the point in being greedy and obnoxious about it. I just want my damn food. So anyway, this is a clusterfuck and a half but seems like it’s getting resolved? We’ll see what happens when I go to pick it up tonight. 

and now I’m fucking tired because I slept like shit, but I have therapy in an hour so there’s no way to go back to sleep. Boo. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Deep breaths. Hubby knows I'm having a bad day when he walks into my office and I'm killing the heck out of Demons and Undead in Diablo III....

If they screw up your CC - just call the CC to reverse the charges. Sounds like that will be a heck of a lot easier than dealing with that store at this point. Sorry you're dealing with this - but at least I'm reading this and thinking "I'm not the only one that needs a total do over this week". I'm totally joining you in the primal scream department....

• Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

On 8/3/2020 at 10:55 PM, fleaball said:

Can I just like, live off my fat stores and not have to deal with food for a while? I’m tired of thinking about shopping and cooking and nutrition and every fucking thing that’s food related.

Well, there is intermittent fasting. I know plenty of people that will go 3 days or more before eating :)

On 8/4/2020 at 1:04 AM, fleaball said:

Okay kids, I need your brains. If I dump a box of pasta and a jar of sauce together, maybe with lentils or beans, what is a non-starchy veggie I can throw in as well? (One veggie at a time.) Preferably frozen or canned so I can stock up. I’m thinking broccoli, a couple handfuls of fresh spinach, and then I hit a wall because I keep circling back to corn and peas. I’m not too fussed about texture, although if you suggest mushrooms or eggplant we can’t be friends anymore. 

My brain is such a dick. I’ve read a million vegan cookbooks and I’ve wandered through produce aisles way too much. I know there are more vegetables than the only 5 my family ate as I was growing up. But I’m drawing a blank, most likely because if I said “can we try ___?” I was immediately rejected because “[somebody] won’t eat it” so all those other veggies just stopped existing as far as I was concerned. 

unrelated but I’m putting it here because I need to remember: I have a dentist appointment in two weeks and I need to start flossing and using mouthwash like a grownup. 😧

I too have used Zucchini as noodle substitutes. I have heard of a few veggies that are actually fine being frozen. Broccoli and cauliflower come to mind. As for other vegetables, there is Asparagus. Also Brussels sprouts (I never liked them myself, but haven't tried any time recently) I know that my wife and my Mom had made a shaved brussels sprouts before, and everyone has liked them. I saw this recipe that might be good https://www.perrysplate.com/2011/02/guest-post-crispy-roasted-brussels-sprouts-winners.html 

• Like 4

I got good news today but I don’t want to share it til it’s official. However, it took the gremlins less than two hours to start making me second guess things and decide that everything is going to go wrong. Why is this a thing. 

*thats rhetorical. please don’t answer, I know why.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

11 minutes ago, fleaball said:

*thats rhetorical. please don’t answer,

*Huffs in Hermione*

• Haha 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 8/4/2020 at 3:04 AM, fleaball said:

Okay kids, I need your brains. If I dump a box of pasta and a jar of sauce together, maybe with lentils or beans, what is a non-starchy veggie I can throw in as well? (One veggie at a time.) Preferably frozen or canned so I can stock up. I’m thinking broccoli, a couple handfuls of fresh spinach, and then I hit a wall because I keep circling back to corn and peas. I’m not too fussed about texture, although if you suggest mushrooms or eggplant we can’t be friends anymore. 

So I am playing catch up because well, my brain.

Answers to the "all the veggie" pasta we make all the time.  some may already be mentioned, but I will say them again.

Asparagus, onion, bell peppers, green beans. Squash, Zucchini, Celery, carrots, (looks outside at the garden).  Fresh tomatoes (you can add these even if you have red sauce), you could probably do Broccoli raab , Brussels sprouts or Kale, but I have never tried them.

Back to being the weirdo in the corner reading but not saying a word....

• Like 4

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Re: veggies - another I would add to the list is bok choy.  I have no idea if that matches your dietary needs, but maybe worth looking at?

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 8/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, fleaball said:

what is a non-starchy veggie I can throw in as well

Those are fruits but canned or fresh tomatoes work for me (on top of whatever already is in your sauce). Fennels are awesome in my book but you need to keep them fresh and cut bits of them every time. You can also try some fresh herbs to cultivate the feeling that you are cooking and eating something special. Basil is awesome for that. Keep a plant near a window, give it some water once in a while, get awesome fresh leaves to put in your pasta (don't cook it, add it at the last moment). You can keep it in your room if the kitchen isn't a safe place for it.

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

16 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Hey Lady. How was the quarenweekend? 

Vv5KxRa.gif

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Not dead. Except on the inside. Having a ridiculously bad week mental health wise and have no energy whatsoever to engage with anyone for any reason. Even therapy today was a chore. It’s just not a good time to be a flea. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I found you again! Hurrah. I hope things are going a bit better ❤️ 

On the topic of humidity (I guess we're not on that topic anymore but I just read all 4 pages and it came up a lot), I recently learned that in really cold countries they have humidifiers.. to pump moisture into their homes... because the air gets so dry at low temperatures...this is such an alien concept to me haha

• Like 2

I hope things got better for you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Owlet said:

I found you again! Hurrah. I hope things are going a bit better ❤️ 

On the topic of humidity (I guess we're not on that topic anymore but I just read all 4 pages and it came up a lot), I recently learned that in really cold countries they have humidifiers.. to pump moisture into their homes... because the air gets so dry at low temperatures...this is such an alien concept to me haha

lmao wow. I use a small one for my room in the winter, but it’s more because having the heat cranked up dries out the air. I can’t imagine needing it for the whole house. 

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope things got better for you.

Nice timing, I was just coming in with an update of sorts. :) mostly better. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Heat and humidity have broken for a bit and as a result I’ve also been sleeping better. Still a stress ball and hating everything but somehow also in a better mood than last week. 

Newest fml moment: I was supposed to have a dentist appointment on the 12th, so of course on the 11th I woke up with a sore throat and had to cancel. Thought it might have been psychosomatic because I started getting nervous about the appointment after reading/signing their warnings about like, “we’re taking every precaution but you still might get it.” Still have the sore throat a week later though. -__- Definitely allergies or sinus related, because it comes and goes but gets better temporarily if I use Flonase or something. Considering calling my doctor in the morning because the last time I had an intermittent sore throat for a week, I wound up crying in the ER thinking I was going to die. idk if they’ll do strep tests at the doctor’s office but meh. I do need to get it figured out though because I need to go to the dentist and obviously can’t/won’t go while sick with something. I don’t think I’m actually having a dental issue but I’m due for a cleaning, plus the tooth that sometimes causes problems they can’t figure out is doing its thing again. And as much as I don’t actually want to go to the dentist, I know I’ll fixate on it forever if I don’t get it checked out. Which is so fucking annoying and I hate my brain. 

In other news, I took a shower today. So that’s a win. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Meh. Sent my doctor a (rambling) message about my sore throat and asking what to do. Hopefully she gets back to me in a reasonable amount of time. I’m so annoyed. Of all the problems to have right now, I have a sore throat. Again. I’m about to cry out of frustration because of course sending that message made me think about and focus on it more and it’s just piling on. I just want a single day with no new physical or mental health crises. I don’t even want a good day. Just a boring one would be fine. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Didn’t sleep well. Sore throat is worse and I’m getting a little congested. Not sure if the two are related or if this is where my throat was going anyway. Haven’t heard back from my doctor yet, which is frustrating because both previous doctors would respond almost immediately. Either way, I just want to crawl under a blanket and sleep all day. Which isn’t actually an option because adulting. 

• Sad 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

lmao wow. I use a small one for my room in the winter, but it’s more because having the heat cranked up dries out the air. I can’t imagine needing it for the whole house. 

Nice timing, I was just coming in with an update of sorts. :) mostly better. 

Oh man, even this sounds nice to me. We have to run a dehumidifier all winter because it is not super cold but very damp, so we get mold everywhere. wheeeee. Weirdly, summer is the dry season here.

I feel your pain on having to cancel appointments for any tiny sign of symptoms, I've had a guts full of that. Hope your doctor replies soon and it is easily fixed. 

• Like 1