• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wobbegong

Rebel Juice Bar

9FLY.gifWelcome to the Juice Bar, the Rebels home away from home! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

If this is your first challenge here at NF, please post your challenge in the Level 1 / First Time Challengers subforum.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, let us know why you're here, tell us something nerdy about yourself, and share a gif!  

Have questions? Want some feedback? Ask away! Just want to hang out and chat? Awesome! Want to hide in the corner for a bit? Have a drink on us. 

• Like 1

Athaclena here (still LOL). I'm an IT Consultant (formerly traveling) and still struggling to put together - well - daily routines to help get to a better me. And here I was blaming travel (easy to blame) keeping me from that - can't blame that anymore.

ANYWHO - this challenge I'm working on cooking at home more. I'm a very good cook (not gonna lie) - but default way to much to comfort foods and the few things hubby will eat and skipping things I NEED to eat - like veggies.

I've looked at those delivery services for a long time that deliver fresh ingredients that you cook. Well a friend has been using one for a while - I had a meal at her house and was impressed with the quality of what was in the pack - and it was darn tasty! The cost really isn't more than I was spending on food (especially when you add in the cost of what got tossed because I decided I didn't feel like all of the work to make it - or I couldn't make a SMALL enough portion and on and on). So - check out my thread for real, honest reviews as I start my first delivery next week (8/3).

Maybe I should have titled this challenge "Operation Kitchen Witch" LOL....

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Flea here, still have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I thought of a nerdy thing to share last night while falling asleep, but can't remember what it was now. 

deancas-awkward.gif

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Waanie said:

@Wobbegong might or might not be back, as she's silently done some GL-things, but no challenge yet ;)

You saw me! Not that I was being very sneaky or anything... but it's good to be seen. I'm tentatively back.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

You saw me! Not that I was being very sneaky or anything... but it's good to be seen. I'm tentatively back.

Welcome back :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Waanie said:

Welcome back :)

Thanks! Happy to be here.

Guess I should do the whole juice bar introduction thing. I'm Wobbegong, Rebel Guild Leader when I can manage to engage regularly with the forums. I have a tremendous amount of guilt about my perceived failures in that arena, but literally my only options for dealing with it are hiding from the forums forevermore or sucking it up and coming back and hoping I can reintegrate. Rebel has always been a really welcoming guild, and even in my insecurity I don't consider myself important enough for people to hate me, just be ambivalent... so here I am, back and hopeful, and seeing my hopes generously realized already.

Uh, I guess that's introduction and reason for being here. Something nerdy... I'm going back to school for accounting, of all things. If that's not something a nerd would do I don't know what is. I consider pretty much all of my other hobbies and interests to be nerdy, too, but accounting classes are looming large on my horizon, so I'll go with that.

So yeah, hi, nice to meet you / see you again. I'm quickly reaching the limits of my sociability and I don't know how to end this post. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5458141

• Like 7

Hi Rebels, Jupiter here, hanging with you guys again. :) Something nerdy about me...I started using the duolingo app to learn Latin, just because. I don't know if I'm going to stick with it yet, but it's a fun thing to do that has zero pressure involved and I get to learn something new. So yeah. :)  

• Like 5