The Rack: Warrior Guild Chat

Did anyone else finish up Doom Patrol season 2?

Spoiler

Feeling really disappointed that this was the season finale. The other episode they did not get around to making would have cleared things up nicely! Such a cliffhanger :(

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Feeling really disappointed that this was the season finale. The other episode they did not get around to making would have cleared things up nicely! Such a cliffhanger :(

No, I have only seen the first 3 of season 2 and then got distracted with Warrior Nun. I didn't read your hidden but planning to binge it soon and I will come back here for discussion. 

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

On 8/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, miss_marissa said:

Hide contents

Finished. Yes, heck of a cliff hanger but I am OK with that. I read that this season was supposed to be 10 episodes but got interrupted by covid. If true then it makes sense that this would be the finale setup episode rather than the season ender. Means if / when it comes back on we will get a season finale to start with and then a hard shift into a new season. 

Overall I really liked this season. Not a lot of action but it double downed on the character development. I wish we were told more about the candle maker and what his deal is. BUT I did enjoy seeing the birth of Jane, created to take no one's BS. Also how awesome was Cliffs imaginary friend!

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

New hobbies picked up the past 5 months?

- Mr. Dadding for my 5 month old and 3.5 year old while my wife wins all of the bread and I seek gainful employment. 

Least favorite exercise?

- Squats (back high or low bar)

Favorite video game and why?

- FF7?  Just a lot of nostalgia, was my first RPG when I was a kid, got it for Christmas while at my grandparents out of state, read the instruction booklet about a thousand times before I could get home to play it. 

What are you reading?

- Nothing sadly, someday soon I hope to have time to read again. 

Thing you're looking forward to doing again once things calm down?

- Just the little things, not running back to the car for the mask, going out to eat with little forethought or planning, not stripping my toddlers clothes off in the hallway before he comes into the house from daycare. 

Thing you're dreading doing once things calm down?

- Small talk. I hate small talk with people so thats been one nice thing about the relative solitude. 

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:56 PM, ZachPSU said:

- Mr. Dadding for my 5 month old and 3.5 year old while my wife wins all of the bread and I seek gainful employment. 

our kids are almost exactly the same age :) 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 minutes ago, ZachPSU said:

Oof, so you did the whole giving birth at the early stages of a pandemic thing too, what a story the kids will probably never appreciate lol

Fourth day of the lockdown! 
She’ll be 6 months this Sunday... crazy right? 

must have been a little scary for you guys? It seemed like hospitals were really full over there at the time? 

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Fourth day of the lockdown! 
She’ll be 6 months this Sunday... crazy right? 

must have been a little scary for you guys? It seemed like hospitals were really full over there at the time? 

It wasn't too bad for us, in our area there were 2 hospitals designated as the COVID hospitals, and the 'premier' labor and delivery unit was at a different, smaller hospital, so there was actually only one active case there.  I stayed in the room almost the whole time, except to go get food at the cafeteria or get something out of the car, but never left the hospital grounds.  The leading up to it was more stressful, she was a late-April baby and so we had a month and a half or so of straight-up lockdown because my wife did not want to go in there without me because of me testing positive or something, so we were instacarting, sanitizing everything through the door, etc.

Happy early 6-month birthday to the little one!  I can't wait for ours to hit 6 months because then my wife is okaying removing the bassinet and moving her to her crib at night and I can finally set actual alarms on my phone to wake up and work out instead of moving to the living room if there is a nighttime feed so I can set an alarm out there on the couch, or, relying on my inaccurate-at-best internal clock to wake me up before 6 to give me time to get the workout in before kids up.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, ZachPSU said:

can't wait for ours to hit 6 months because then my wife is okaying removing the bassinet and moving her to her crib at night and I can finally set actual alarms on my phone to wake up and work out instead of moving to the living room if there is a nighttime feed so I can set an alarm out there on the couch, or, relying on my inaccurate-at-best internal clock to wake me up before 6 to give me time to get the workout in before kids up.

That is some serious dedication to working out! It's not an option to do it with the kids awake? 

19 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That is some serious dedication to working out! It's not an option to do it with the kids awake?

It could be done in between naps maybe, but would be rushed. My toddler would be entertained down there but the basement is a shared space with my tenants and his toddler curiosity would have him rummaging in all of their stuff. I look forward to a safer spot for the gym when we move eventually, so the kids can see us working out and get that positive messaging that it is fun and good for you.