• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra gets back on track

2eb86005fc916ecfeb92aeeb9d97bdde.jpg

I'm a little sore from Monday's exercise.  But it sure is a good sore!!!!  

Last night got derailed by the grocery store canceling our pick-up order at the last minute.  They had a staffing issue and just couldn't complete all the orders that were placed online.  And so dinner was a mess and took far longer to figure out since we had no plan anymore and everyone wanted something different.  My choices were very limited and what I ate was not low-carb. Exercise didn't happen because I took an epsom salt bath instead.  Breathe in, breathe out, move on!  

Next week the BJJ class schedule will change back to something that fits better with my work schedule and that makes me happy!!!  WAHOO!  

• Like 4

I didn't make it to class yesterday.  But I did my hip stretching.  The stretching program has an outdoor challenge and I'm gonna do that too!  I haven't heard back from the gym yet, I need to follow up with them.  

I didn't think about changing up my typical Wednesday night dinner order this week...  I'll have to make a change next week.  I need to figure out something else for tonight's dinner too.  It is date night with my youngest spawn tonight and we usually get pizza (GF for me) and take a jeep trail into the forest, finding a beautiful and quiet spot to eat and talk.  Trying to figure out where I can get a great salad somewhere in town.  

Our view typically looks like this...  

private-forestry-queensland.jpg

I have this feeling that is percolating in my gut... 

giphy.gif

The feeling of just tossing everything out of my house and starting over.  The clutter in my home is starting to irritate the ever living crap out of me.  I'm great about starting these large decluttering projects but I suck with the finish.  I end up with boxes of stuff to get rid of that lie around the house for months.  So how do I use this energy and desire to get rid of stuff, yet maintain my sanity (and my husband's sanity since he is the neater person in our marriage) and make progress???  What I don't want to happen is that I start working and as I sort things I make a bigger mess and then the house does this...

AwIq3Ho.gif

First -- Where  will the stuff I want to get rid of go???  I could sell some of it (the hubby hates garage sales so it would have to be done on line item-by-item), or donate some (although our shops that take donations are fairly full from other donations)  and some will just have to go into the trash. 

Second -- Can I get it done before our house heats up and I feel like a sausage left out on the grill too long?  (Sorry - hot flashes, warm days, lots of windows and no AC are a horrible combination!!!) This would mean not sleeping in over the weekend. Getting up early and working hard before noon will be key. I could make lots of progress.  Typically I make a leisurely and large breakfast/brunch on weekend mornings and enjoy the quiet time by myself. I'll need to be focused and prepared...   

Third -- Where will I start???  I'm thinking the kitchen, but the living room, bathrooms, my craft room/office and all the bedrooms all have clutter/too much crap issues.  And don't get me started on the mess that is our garage.  The sheer amount of "too much stuff" that we have is overwhelming.   

STATEMENT OF PENDING ACTION: I will start decluttering and organizing in the kitchen!  And if I remember I'll take some photos of before and after.  

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Where  will the stuff I want to get rid of go???

It seems to me this question is a huge hindrance in your decluttering goal, explaining the "suck with the finish." Of course stuff hangs around the house if you have no shadow realm into which you may banish it. May I suggest to you that making this answer the priority will allow the rest of your decluttering issues to fall into line? The stuff that goes in the trash is obviously the simplest part to deal with, and perhaps it's where you can start. What about that which cannot be thrown away prevents you from putting it into the trash? Are there things you had previously classified as "not trash" that could become trash? That can be a step after throwing away all that can be thrown away. I expect that to be a small part of the overall clutter though. Next, you might need to get creative about what isn't trash. If selling isn't a priority, I recommend against trying. Garage sales are hugely inefficient, so I sympathize with your husband, and selling things item by item is likely also more hassle than it's worth. There are things like offerup, or certain local facebook groups where you can post pictures that say, "This stuff is free, come and get it," and you can often get rid of things that way. Also, putting things you are willing to give away for free on a curb with a sign that says "For Sale, inquire within" is often a good way to get rid of stuff.

• Like 3

I made some progress, but then my kids happened.  About half the stuff I moved off the table on Friday has migrated back as of this morning.  It all belongs to one of my spawn.   <sigh> 

I am so excited!  Yesterday (monday evening) I got to go to BJJ and core/conditioning classes!!!  It felt great to be there and workout with low levels of pain.  My cardio and strength have tanked but everyone at class is in a similar place for the most part.  And the guilt of going to class after work and not being home with my girls has kicked back in with that one class.  It's all a trade off, which is why I am looking into a 24 hour gym for strength training (so I can go there at weird times and still get to lift heavy things!!! 

f914881f879a1b56ad2658fe47fb93ed.gif

Typical mom day gif but it is missing a half a dozen things and I'd miss that little kick on the house and drop that one to the ground in spectacular fashion!!! 

RegalFrighteningBovine-size_restricted.g

Food you ask??  UGH!  That has been some poor choices lately.  I'm not going to lament the past, but today is a new day and I will make better choices now.  

• Like 2

To whom it may concern:

Terra, strong little Powerhouse and Mother is allowed to do a class after work without feeling guilty.

signed

fearless

❤️

• Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 10:53 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

To whom it may concern:

Terra, strong little Powerhouse and Mother is allowed to do a class after work without feeling guilty.

signed

fearless

❤️

Thank you!!!  

BJJ and conditioning class happened Wednesday night.  I need to increase my electrolytes.  

Last night I ditiched book club and spent the evening with my eldest spawn.  WE booked flights for spring break and bought her some new clothes.  I'm going to book us a fancy makeover/photo shoot in the coming months and then get my husband and parents photos for Christmas.  Both girls are have a retro aesthetic so the photo shoot should be fun!!!  

I'm off to donate some blood and work from home this afternoon.  😎

• Like 3

I forget that they usually have to dig around to find a good vein when I give blood.  It made for a painful BJJ workout on Saturday morning.  The bruising is "lovely".

Life has me feeling a little out of sorts lately.  Motivation and habit building are a struggle these days. So many reasons why I'm frustrated (family, work, fitness, food, stress and more) but I won't go into details, because that would be a novel of whining!  

A few things I am working on to make some progress towards being happier and healthier:

• Gym membership so I can go lift weights twice a week!
  • Continued physical therapy exercises to strengthen the hip
  • Getting back into BJJ classes on a regular basis now that we can have classes again.  
  • Changes in my food choices to better support my health!!!
  • Setting up a makeover and photo shoot for me and my daughters with an AMAZING photographer!!! 
  • Finding a way to engage with friends that are supportive and make my life better (have a few 'friends' who are drama queens, and that isn't what i want/need in friends right now) 
  • Declutter and make my home a beautiful place that soothes my soul

That seems like a lot (it is!) however each one of these things are important, if not vital, to my wellbeing.  I have to find a way to be more of an action person and not a collector of underpants...  

Underpants_08a733_5472586.gif

Today I have eaten as needed. Tonight I will help my hubby teach BJJ class. Professor's family was hit hard by hurricane Laura and he has gone to Louisiana to help everyone clean up and repair roofs as much as he can.  Therefore my hubby is teaching classes this week!  My hubby will need some extra support and love because teaching a lot on top of his real job is very draining and stressful.  

I am so looking forward to lifting weights again and those photos!!!  Both my girls have a retro/vintage vibe and I hope to showcase that in our photoshoot!  

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Oooohhh boy!  That was a wind and crazy finish to the challenge.  I had more work drama than expected.  And with rumors of a group re-org it isn't going to let up for the next few weeks.  I'm doing the job but it isn't quite what I wanted to do...  

Overall I am making improvements and feeling better.  I still have wild mood swings but I think that is just going to me the new normal for a while.  The bathroom scale needs a new battery and I haven't decided I want to weigh myself enough to change it.  BJJ is happening 2-3 days a week.  I'm working on food choices and serving sizes.  

On 8/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, Terra said:

Since I last posted I've had a good day. 

I went to core/conditioning class for the first time in months.  It was lovely to see everyone.  Then I went home and ate a properly portion sized meal of tacos. And I then I did my hip exercises.  So yesterday I rode my bike for 30 minutes, attended class for 30 minutes and then stretched for 20 minutes.  It was a great day for exercise and food choices!!!  Today I'm on a similar pattern. although no class is planned for tonight.  I'd like to go for a walk or do some extra stretching.  And food choices are on track too.  

So I printed a few labels that say "Strong Little Powerhouse" and I am placing them where I can see them. Right now I look at one of them on my computer monitor at work. ❤️💙💜

I am tempted just to quote this post and leave it for you to re-read when you get around to it, it's that full of victory.

Back to conditioning class, win.

Portioned tacos, score.

Hip-rehab, bonus.

Hour plus of exercise, major 🔥

I declare you've more than earned those labels and they should be EVERYWHERE.