Goals Update:

Monday                                     Tuesday                                     Wednesday

Bullet Journal - ✔️                   Bullet Journal -      ✔️             Bullet Journal - ✔️               

Meditate -   ✔️                          Meditate -                           Meditate - ✔️

PT Exercises -                     PT Exercises -   ✔️                 PT Exercises - hiatus

NO Coke - ✔️                             NO Coke -    ✔️                       NO Coke - ✔️

Thursday                                    Friday                                       Saturday

Bullet Journal - ✔️                   Bullet Journal -      ✔️             Bullet Journal - ✔️               

Meditate -   ✔️                          Meditate -    ✔️                       Meditate - 

PT Exercises - hiatus                PT Exercises -   hiatus            PT Exercises - hiatus

NO Coke - ✔️                             NO Coke -    ✔️                       NO Coke - 

Good week overall! My PT exercises are on hiatus because the chiropractor told me to take a few days off after a particularly rough adjustment Wednesday.

Bonus Goal: I have my Tai Chi test set for next Saturday! I'm so excited to finally do it. I was scheduled to do it in March, but then the COVID lockdowns happened and there was no class for 3 months and my at home practice was spotty at best. We've been back a month so I've had time to review my material and I'm ready to test. :D

• Like 2

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

On 8/4/2020 at 1:04 AM, Captain-Bones said:

Awesome challenge. I've tried the BuJo before and while it is great for organization, the art just ended up stressing me out too. 

I went full nerd and print out spreadsheets now. :D

Glad to know I'm not the only one who went this route. I have spreadsheets that I'm finalizing right now (just taking a break to be sociable). I like the artsy aspect of BuJos (new term for me), but any time I doodle it either looks like a 3 year old drew it or it looks absolutely amazing and I go waaaaaay too far in the perfectionist direction and have to have all the pages look the same. Decided to substitute a pretty background for the doodles this time. Looked up some pretty watercolor-y/marble-y backgrounds that I'm gonna print out faded and print the spreadsheets on top. I might add some doodles in the margins later, but my priority is to get it printed to help me hold myself accountable.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:32 AM, cd667 said:

I am not sure about forming habits, but I do give myself rules. If you have a rule and you are strict with yourself, it saves you any mental strain deciding whether or not to do something. There's a tyranny in having infinite choice because there are only so many decisions you can make in a day. It's one of the greatest problems of modern life.

I love this thought process. I might have to add a new page to my BuJo. As my fitness journey progresses I add/adjust a rule. That way I'm not going full-tilt-boogie-try-to-change-everything-overnight, but can still keep track of what I've successfully added and go from there. I read somewhere that it takes something like 3 weeks to form a habit.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Bonus Goal: I have my Tai Chi test set for next Saturday! I'm so excited to finally do it. I was scheduled to do it in March, but then the COVID lockdowns happened and there was no class for 3 months and my at home practice was spotty at best. We've been back a month so I've had time to review my material and I'm ready to test. :D

Wohoooo, good luck and have fun!! :D

And congrats to the great week, really impressive!

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Oh man... Week 3 was rough guys. Work was stressful, toddler was in tantrum mode, and my hips made it hard to walk. 😕  

Another distraction in Week 3 was a scouting mission! We are moving about 3 hours away for my husband's job. It's been coming for a while but COVID-related delays on all sides have kept us from finalizing anything. Until now!! We have confirmation that it's really happening (and soon!), so now the house hunting begins.

I made the trip this weekend to see our new city and drive through neighborhoods and take notes.

Week 3 Stats

Bullet Journal - 5/7

Meditate - 4/7

PT Exercises - 2/7

No Coke - 4/7

But I'm 4 for 4 on my goals today and I'm starting this week of right!

@cd667 Thanks for checking in! :D Unfortunately, the facility our class usually meets in was unavailable Saturday, so class was cancelled we are pushing my test to Sat Aug 29. An extra week of practice doesn't hurt, right?

• Like 2

Week 4 stats:

Bullet Journal: 7/7 ✔️

Meditate: 5/7 ✔️

PT: 4/7 ✔️

No Coke: 6/7 ✔️

And Week 5 is off to a good start! I'm still setting up September in my bullet journal but am keeping up otherwise. I need to do a little thinking about what I want to focus on next challenge!

I'm really glad I got over my hesitation about joining. Y'all have been really encouraging and even with my Week 3 hiccups, I kept going because I had the this thread to keep me accountable. Thank you all for your encouragement!! ❤️

On 8/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, RouleurBaby said:

Fantastic.

I'm stealing your bullet journal, that's something that would come in very handy with my line of work. Keep up the good work!

Go ahead!! I find it to be very helpful in organizing work stuff and family stuff. It also really helps me with anxiety and mental health. The beauty of the bullet journal is it can be whatever you need it to be. :)

• Like 3

Week 5 was a bit crazy... I went house hunting with my husband and we maybe found one that we want to make an offer on!

Bullet Journal: 5/7 

Meditate: 3/7

PT Exercises: 4/7✔️

No Coke: 5/7 

The trip messed me up a bit. This is something I need to think about for next challenge: How to make the habits stick even when my routine is thrown off. The end of 2020 is going to be chaos between buying a house, moving to  a new city, and a few other things...

With all the chaos, my focus will be keeping calm. Meditation and Tai Chi and continuing to journal, which has helped my anxiety and organization so much this challenge! For the next challenge, I'll be hanging out with the Druids. :)

I wish all of my fellow first-timer 'graduates' the best in whatever your future challenges are!  

• Like 2