• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TGP

TGP; you may see me struggle but you will Never see me quit!

On 8/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, TGP said:

I'll update you guys about my running program it needs started back up.  MONDAY OR TUESDAY morning-I promise!

Any progress on the running plan?

hey guys.

I'm HERE. welp kind of!

they had a Major cyber attack at work and it has cause All kinds of problems with my job!  I don't even have a computer to work on!

....so.

I'll try to visit, I promise?  but its harder than normal and Life is BUSIER then normal.

as to the exercise thing :( 

Not good.  sorry to report I didn't make it out. the only GOOD news this week is that I went back to the climbing gym on friday; and I intend to Go each and every friday.

(instead of early wednesday).

I think this new time will be easier to do and will make it easier to do it REGULARLY which has been a problem ever since I found out about the climbing gym some time ago.

... the biggest problem with exercise has been the destruction of my early morning routine.

now, I'm very much used to waking up with Only enough time for a quick shower before work.  so Getting a stable exercise routine means rewriting long term sleeping habits!

which is NOT excuse NOT to do it. I know!

anyways guys the Challenge is REAL and I've not been doing a lot of winning.

In some ways, with the Cyber attack- it almost feels like the pandemic is back

MORE work not less

RESTRICTIONS and difficulties AT work I'm not used to 

and when/If I get a PC-- a New normal based on , no doubt, 6 feet of DIGITAL distance from every other computer!

2020 has been a HORRIBLE year for me, honestly!  but I'm still mentally fighting all the rough stuff every day

sorry for being so AWOL.  Jason

• Like 2

Sorry about the work troubles.  Changing your climbing time to Friday sounds wise. It's easier to work with your existing habits than against them!

That new drawing looks great. The shading is a little different than your previous ones, did you try something new?

• Like 1

Sorry it's been such a struggle.Don't forget to count your wins too though. You've been great at focusing on your drawing, and I can see an improvement. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Sorry about the work troubles.  Changing your climbing time to Friday sounds wise. It's easier to work with your existing habits than against them!

That new drawing looks great. The shading is a little different than your previous ones, did you try something new?

yes

its a slightly different technique.  you draw in all these tiny random lines and some dots to simulate the little shadows in the trees with an INK pen ; then you use a pencil, blend it into the paper, to set the values.

fact is, I'm Really a big fan of Ink and Anything kind of art.   the ink makes for the illusion of tons of detail.  the difficulty is that ink is so Permenant- do it wrong and there is little you can do to fix it.  ultimately; many artists do this with watercolor and ink- but watercolor is a famously Hard kind of painting.  SO, I'm NOT sure I'm ready to begin that.

but- I remind myself that Ink helps!  it helps because it is permanent and because you have to handle it with confidence- do you best on each little mark and keep looking to capture the essence of what you are seeing....

so... I keep working on improving my technique and drawing things that inspire me.

ty for noticing!

• Like 3

pretty good liz.

today was  a sleepy sort of start; and I guess I needed the rest- but its squeezed out anything enjoyable for the last 24hr.

hate when that happens.

reminder that exercise is Important. its a time that is very uneffected by other people's demand for my attention.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, TGP said:

reminder that exercise is Important. its a time that is very uneffected by other people's demand for my attention.

Thanks Jason. I needed this reminder. Running is the only free time I get as well (most of the time).

• Like 1

I really like seeing your drawings. I'm bad at taking time to do it, but I like drawing shapes and playing with perspectives the most. At least I did a celtic knot doodle in my planner this week, that was progress.

Hope you're doing well.

• That's Metal 1

Hey everybody; another week is nearly over. wow.

struggling this week with sleep.  after some thought I finally figured out WHY.  I took a new medecine and I'm pretty sure all the sleepiness stems from that day. so sigh.

sleep is likely to be hard for the next long while and my free time has really take a beating.  many of the nicer drawings, recently, have gotten no love and attention.   only short little doodling.

In those very quick drawings, though, I've seen some really nice progress in drawings faces.  placing features is very, very Hard- but I'm definitely getting more accurate at doing it.

still... its ridiculous how accurate you have to be to capture someone's resemblance.  some relationships in size and placement need nearly perfect before you really, really think your looking at an image of the person you trying to sketch.

anyways.

Hey!  good news,  I've done a little exercise recently- a little running!  but its all been at odd times, not early mornings like I was doing.  what I know is that with a 3-5 week pause in my running program (?) that I've lost an insane amount of running conditioning.   I think I could gain much of that Back , even rapidly, but I'm not sure I can do so unless I get a proper program and regular running.

so I'm not that much closer on that.

I'm soo.... sleepy and tired.   if this effect doesn't go away I may have to stop my new prescription and that would suck because Its giving me a little relief on fibro pain.

anyways, life is Hard.  I wish I was here more often.  a bad cyber attack at work has made it clear I may Never be online HERE (at work)- as the company is almost certain to instill super strict internet scrutiny.

I would just settle having a computer BACK ... doing my job Without a computer is hard, hard, Hard.

enough for now. hope you are all ok.

• Like 5