Jump to content

Epsilonte's first Challenge


Recommended Posts

Thanks! :D 

 

Yesterdays poleday was nice, I taught two classes and made a point of showing everything on both sides (since I also had some students that prefer the "other" side xD Plus: I want my students to train both sides, so I should be a good example for this^^). Did some handstand afterwards, just because I was already warm and we have nice clear walls in the studio (I don't have a good handstand wall at home sadly). 

 

Plan for today is: Go to the studio just to dance a bit, afterwards I have gymdate with my partner. But first (aka now): stretching. :D 

 

I fell a bit off the meditation train, but since this is just a bonus goal, I'm not too concerned about missing a day or two. Also I'm not sleeping so well - I am in bed by 23:30, but it's just too warm to sleep. Today it is a little bit cooler, so I hope the night will be better... 

Oh and I bought some sweets today, for my birthday, but that is ok as well, since it was planned and I only got what was on my written list. xD 

  • Like 3

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post
On 8/11/2020 at 7:09 AM, Epsilonte said:

Yesterday was pretty good too. Did my stretches in the morning (today too), had classes in the evening - we had a full blown Sailor Moon Special yesterday, with full costume and all, so much fun! I love that there are enough nerdy polebabies for stuff like this.

 

That sounds so epic! I'm so glad you got to have that experience. :) 

 

On 8/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, fitnessgurl said:

@cd667 & @Epsilonte Happy almost birthdays!🎂🎂

 

Happy Birthday @cd667 and @Epsilonte! My birthday was at the end of July. I think it's a funny coincidence, we're all first timers and Leos! 🦁

 

@Epsilonte your stretching routine and progress is impressive!

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

 

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Link to post

I would love to learn to pole dance. It's on my bucket list and I plan to get to it in the next couple of years. Losing weight is gonna take priority as I'm sure it's easier and less painful if you're a little lighter than I currently am.

 

I can't stop snickering about "kneepit." 🤣

 

On 8/8/2020 at 7:58 AM, cd667 said:

(park the fact that I am a big, stupid man).

I second fitnessgurl. Not allowed to talk about yourself like that. My dogs think you're awesome and their opinion is the only one I care about. (Granted they've never met you, but they love everyone so it counts.)

 

On 8/9/2020 at 10:55 PM, MezzotheLefty said:

I saw this quote on Instagram today and it really resonated with me:

 

"The perfect is the enemy of the good."

 

We're doing good. :)

I love this. Might have to find a way to put this on the front of my BuJo.

Link to post
12 hours ago, cd667 said:

Hope you enjoy your cake. You earned it!

 

 

 

OMG, thank you, this is awesome!! :D Love your smile at the end!! :D Hope you have a great birthday as well, when exactly is it next week? :) (Oh and the cake was great, thank you!!)

 

15 hours ago, Little_Fox42 said:

I would love to learn to pole dance. It's on my bucket list and I plan to get to it in the next couple of years. Losing weight is gonna take priority as I'm sure it's easier and less painful if you're a little lighter than I currently am.

 

Yessss, try it out!! And don't let your weight keep you from it (maybe finish your PT beforehand, I don't know what kind of PT it is, but if it has anything to do with arms, shoulders, hands and the like it's better to get it sorted out before trying pole :D ), there are ladies and gents of all sizes and forms on that pole. Is it easier if you are small and lightweight? Yes. But it is totally possible if you are taller or bigger as well. Better training too. And for some tricks it is really beneficial to have some fluff around the edges. :D 

 

16 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

 

That sounds so epic! I'm so glad you got to have that experience. :) 

 

 

Happy Birthday @cd667 and @Epsilonte! My birthday was at the end of July. I think it's a funny coincidence, we're all first timers and Leos! 🦁

 

@Epsilonte your stretching routine and progress is impressive!

 

Sailor Moon special was pretty epic. :D I love teaching this, it's always so nice and everyone comes in pretty good cosplay... :D 

Thank you!! Very belated happy birthday to you too! We can be the leo gang or something. :D Rawr!

 

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Stuff like this video is why I love this place.

 

Oh, and happy birthday to you both!

 

Thank you!!

 

 

 

Birthday was amazing, it was a total restday. No stretching, no training, lots of eating very unhealthy stuff, all very well. :D Even the dice while playing were very nice to me today. xD AND I didn't need to bake my cake myself, I got one from my friend and it tasted amaaaazing. Felt really blessed today. Tomorrow the callenge continues with renewed energies. 😎 

  • Like 2

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post

Well... Time for some recap. xD

 

Last week's stats aren't as nice as the first week's were, but well, here we go: 

 

Sleepy time: 4/7 (just could not sleep in this heatwave, it's cooler now)

Meditating: 1/7

Stretching: 3/6

Training: 4/2 

Mobility exercises: 2/7 (not part of the challenge, but something I should be doing anyway, so I'm tracking it in my calendar^^)

 

So I didn't stretch as much because I needed some restdays and because I did more pole. Meditation somehow wasn't on my mind (or was a "oh I will do this after ____", but then never happened), Mobility stuff dito. Ah well, at least I only bought new sweets ONCE and that was for my birthday, so totally ok. xD 

 

This week started a bit better:

Did my meditation yesterday and taught a 2 hour long stretching class in the evening (not for the light hearted. xD It's always a lot of fun to use the stairs in the following days, but it's so nice to take more time to stretch than usually). 

And today I did: meditaion, mobility, 40 mins of light stretching (since I'm a bit sore from yesterday xD) and a super fun poledance class with one of my very first teachers, just like in good old times. Now I have still over an hour left to shower and find my way to bed, should be doable. It also cooled down considerably, so sleeping might be possible again. xD 

Really want to have better stats this week again! :)

  • Like 3

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post

Thanks! :D 

 

Yesterday was a mixed bag (today as well), but I have a great excuse... I did meditate, I went to bed on time, but that was it for yesterday. Ok well, one thing as well: I was already standing there in my local grocery store, chocolate in hand... and put it back since I realized I don't want any right now. That was nice. xD 

Today: no meditation (so far), no stretching (so far, though I doubt I will do something today... well.. maybe a quick one xD), again avoided the chocolate, no pole. 

 

And why all this confusion? Well, today (in the morning) was my acceptance test for maybe going back to school in September. So yesterday was a mix of "staring at the wall in desperation for hours" and "trying to read through all of the materials at once again"... xD No time for anything useful and so many sugar cravings... xD

The test itself wasn't too bad today, I will have to wait until Saturday next week to know if I got accepted (it's always around 2000 people who want in, 150 spaces are to be filled... I think this year it might be a tiny bit fewer people since everything was delayed from March to August due to Covid... but I don't know. ^^). After all this I'm really tired today, and I have dance class (not pole, tribal style bellydancing, we have a little (usually big ^^) convention next week with a little (also usually big) performance, tonight are rehearsals) in the evening, I don't wanna move today... QQ 

 

But now I'm freeeeee to do whatever I want, so for the next days I plan a lot of stretching, dancing, gaming... :D maybe a bit of sleeping as well. ^^

  • Like 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post

:D Thanks!

 

So my freedom lasted for two days - Friday I met up with a friend and we made some soap and shampoo from scratch (first time, it's like a mix of witchcraft and chemistry xD It was fun and everything turned out great!), then went to my dance rehearsals. 

Yesterday I played a game with my friends from our fantasy reader circle (we read mostly fantasy literature and meet about once a month and sometimes we even talk a bit about the books we read... xD), that was like a real world quest... We strolled through the city for about 4 hours with our phones in hand, where we could interact with NPCs and find out, who let the fire demon lose... Very magical. It was super fun, since there were a lot of other people playing as well and most of them (and us) had some awesome witchy costumes, some even cosplayed, and it was just very nice. :D Well except that it was very hot and sunny, but we tried to jump from shade to shade... xD After that I went to a birthday party, that was also very nice.

 

So: not much stretching or training etc going on, since I simply wasn't home that much. But I moved quite a bit and it was nice. :) 

 

Now I have just one problem: on Thursday something (I think it was a mosquito, but not a normal one xD) bit me in my foot... I hurt a bit at first, but since I did all that walking yesterday, it really hurts, my foot is twice it's normal size and since yesterday evening I can barely walk. Or stand. Not the best premise for stretching. Or dancing. Or anything, really... I try to see a doctor tomorrow first thing in the morning, and hope it heals fast, since this coming week is super-dance-week with our little dance festival and the performance... Literally any other week in the year would be better for having a hurt foot. Gaaaah. xD I really really hope I can perform next Saturday... And I really really hope I can at least to part of my workshops starting on Thursday. I've been looking forward to this week since... well since it ended last year. xD 

  • Sad 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post

Yep, that is what I did... Propped it up on my computer case and played Guildwars 2 all day. Tragic. xD Put some antibacterial stuff there too and scratching was not an option since touching already hurt quite a bit... xD It wasn't (isn't) really itchy, so that helps. If it feels funky, I clean it with cold water and put some more of that salve on it.

It looks and feels much better already, so I decided not to see a doctor (mostly due to Covid and all that hassle). I have a collegue take over my pole classes today, so I can rest it one more day, that helps as well. I think tomorrow it should be as good as new. I hope... xD At least I can almost walk normally again. xD

 

Last weeks stats are... non existent from Thursday onwards. Oh well. 

 

New week, new luck, new stats sheet.

  • Like 2

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post
1 hour ago, Epsilonte said:

Last weeks stats are... non existent from Thursday onwards. Oh well.

Can't be helped. You only get one body - look after it!

  • Like 1

What's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

What's the second best time to plant a tree?

Now.

Link to post
On 8/23/2020 at 2:28 AM, Epsilonte said:

:D Thanks!

 

So my freedom lasted for two days - Friday I met up with a friend and we made some soap and shampoo from scratch (first time, it's like a mix of witchcraft and chemistry xD It was fun and everything turned out great!), then went to my dance rehearsals. 

 

Yesterday I played a game with my friends from our fantasy reader circle (we read mostly fantasy literature and meet about once a month and sometimes we even talk a bit about the books we read... xD), that was like a real world quest... We strolled through the city for about 4 hours with our phones in hand, where we could interact with NPCs and find out, who let the fire demon lose... Very magical. It was super fun, since there were a lot of other people playing as well and most of them (and us) had some awesome witchy costumes, some even cosplayed, and it was just very nice. :D Well except that it was very hot and sunny, but we tried to jump from shade to shade... xD After that I went to a birthday party, that was also very nice.

 

So: not much stretching or training etc going on, since I simply wasn't home that much. But I moved quite a bit and it was nice. :) 

 

Now I have just one problem: on Thursday something (I think it was a mosquito, but not a normal one xD) bit me in my foot... I hurt a bit at first, but since I did all that walking yesterday, it really hurts, my foot is twice it's normal size and since yesterday evening I can barely walk. Or stand. Not the best premise for stretching. Or dancing. Or anything, really... I try to see a doctor tomorrow first thing in the morning, and hope it heals fast, since this coming week is super-dance-week with our little dance festival and the performance... Literally any other week in the year would be better for having a hurt foot. Gaaaah. xD I really really hope I can perform next Saturday... And I really really hope I can at least to part of my workshops starting on Thursday. I've been looking forward to this week since... well since it ended last year. xD 

 

The real world quest sounds like a great day! 

 

I'm sorry about your foot! @cd667 is right, take care of yourself! It's better to let your body heal than to push it too far too fast... I hope it's much improved tomorrow!! 

  • Like 1

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

 

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Link to post

Thank you, my friends! Of couse you both are totally right. 

 

Yesterday the most "exercise" I did was vakuuming (it was really necessary, my beloved kitties are always shedding like crazy xD), for the rest of the day I kept the leg elevated and cool. 

Today it's already a lot better (I can walk almost normally again!), but I still want to give it some rest (thinking of all the workshops and the performance I really want to do later this week xD). So I did my mobility stuff (not very leg-heavy) and a very short, very easy stretching video (not much standing, mostly sitting), but I have somone take over my classes tonight again in order to not overdo it... 

Such a pitty, I had even some pole training dates with my friends for yesterday and today before classes, but can't do that either. Ah well, maybe I can squeeze in a bit of pole towards the end of the week... Right now I'm taking every day as it comes and hope for the best. xD 

  • Like 2

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post

Glad your foot is feeling better.

 

On 8/25/2020 at 3:31 AM, Epsilonte said:

Yesterday the most "exercise" I did was vakuuming (it was really necessary, my beloved kitties are always shedding like crazy xD), for the rest of the day I kept the leg elevated and cool.

I hear you on the shedding. I have 3 dogs, 2 of which are huskies. One day after vacuuming it doesn't look like you've vacuumed in a week. 😄

Link to post
3 hours ago, Little_Fox42 said:

I hear you on the shedding. I have 3 dogs, 2 of which are huskies. One day after vacuuming it doesn't look like you've vacuumed in a week. 😄

 

Haha a friend of mine has a husky too, and every time she grooms and brushes him, there is enough shedded fur for a second dog. So much floof! :D

First item on my wishlist right now is one of those vakuum robots... xD It's even higher on the list than a dishwasher. xD 

 

Foot is getting better by the day... Yesterday it had a little relapse because I had to go to the city in the afternoon (ok I learned, it doesn't like walking and standing around in the searing sun at 4pm. Ok. Neither do I. xD), but as soon as I started dancing (we had dress rehearsal for the show on Saturday in the evening), I didn't feel it anymore and it worked fine. Phew. 

 

Today it was much better, I had the first (3 hours!! :D and it was amazing and totally worth it!) workshop of the festival just now and it's just a tiny bit swollen and doesn't hurt at all, so that's a win. :) Tomorrow I have a 2 hour workshop, on Saturday just the show (so a total of about 20 minutes of dancing plus a bit of warming up), that should be totally doable. 

 

Pole and stretching is a bit on the backburner right now, but I think I get enough movement as it is. xD Plus I'm doing my mobility things and mind things and avoiding sugar things so all is well. :)

  • Like 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines