Jupiter Tries Again

Jupiter

14 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Glad you had a bit of a better day at work. Yay for new hires! Sounds like you guys were understaffed.

Just some advice: set boundaries with the new hires right away. :)

Sounds like you're making some writing progress. Yay!

Thanks. :) Yeah, definitely understaffed. I don't think anyone was really prepared for how much our volume exploded this year because of the pandemic. 

LOL, yeah will do. 

Yeah, slow progress, but at least it's progress. Thanks! :) 

42 minutes ago, FatboySuave said:

I love the way you talk about revision! I used to do creative writing in college but fell out of practice when I graduated. Keep up the good work! 

Thanks! :) 

Gah, today was not the best day. It's month end madness and I spent the day stress eating and wondering why I have to do all the thinking for my co-workers (some of them managed to figure it out without me, others not so much). And my supervisor asked me if I was finally able to get caught up on my files. To which I replied, um, no. I don't know why she would think I would be caught up. Ugh. I definitely think I need to add meditation to my routine because work is trying my patience. At least I cooked dinner (threw some popcorn chicken in the oven and warmed up some frozen veggies) and got through a page of revisions. 

• Like 6

Little bit quieter at work today, though my supervisor tried to get me to take more work and I told her I couldn't. Still crazy busy of course but at least there was less stress eating today. Anyway, other than that not much to report tonight. Had a serving of veggies, did 10 minutes of yoga and revised around 2 pages. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Little bit quieter at work today, though my supervisor tried to get me to take more work and I told her I couldn't. Still crazy busy of course but at least there was less stress eating today. Anyway, other than that not much to report tonight. Had a serving of veggies, did 10 minutes of yoga and revised around 2 pages. 

Sounds like a good day :)

I hope your coworkers will find their brain somewhere sometime soon ;).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, Waanie said:

Sounds like a good day :)

I hope your coworkers will find their brain somewhere sometime soon ;).

LOL, me too. Thanks! :) 

Busy and stressful couple of days. I missed a yoga workout and I got in I think only 1 serving of vegetables, and I only revised a few paragraphs in the last few days. So not great but not terrible either. Today I walked 30 minutes while running errands, and a book I wanted finally came out (Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews, sooooo good so far), and so I've done nothing but read all afternoon, and I honestly can't feel guilty about it. Tomorrow I have a ton to do, but for the rest of today I'm going to read my book and try to enjoy some rare quality break time. 

• Like 5

Long day. I finished reading my book (sooooo good), then did laundry and revised 2 pages of my short story. It was a bit like pulling teeth, and it was hard to stay focused, but I got through it. Yay. Did 10 minutes of yoga and had a serving of veggies for dinner (it was part of a TV dinner, but I'll take it). Also ate a good breakfast (cream of wheat), but otherwise I mostly snacked all day. Tomorrow will hopefully be better food-wise. Anyway, spent a good 20 to 30 minutes tonight writing up some stuff on the characters and world-building for the novella I sort of started a week or so ago. I'm hoping it will help me figure out the rest of the outline and I can really start writing it. Overall, didn't get nearly as much done as I was hoping to, but I still got some stuff done, so I'll call it a win. 

• Like 5
On 8/27/2020 at 6:08 AM, Jupiter said:

Little bit quieter at work today, though my supervisor tried to get me to take more work and I told her I couldn't.

Hope she went and gave it to someone else.

On 8/30/2020 at 3:27 AM, Jupiter said:

and so I've done nothing but read all afternoon, and I honestly can't feel guilty about it. Tomorrow I have a ton to do, but for the rest of today I'm going to read my book and try to enjoy some rare quality break time. 

This sounds so good. I haven't managed to get guilt free relaxing time in a while. 

5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I'm hoping it will help me figure out the rest of the outline and I can really start writing it.

I currently have like maybe five scenes of one in a notebook. I add to it when I can think of something, and see where the story goes. Some of it will be unusable depending on how the details of the plot turn out, but oh well.

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

8 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hope she went and gave it to someone else.

She did thankfully. 

This sounds so good. I haven't managed to get guilt free relaxing time in a while. 

It was LOL. And yeah, same. Those days are so rare anymore so I have to take advantage of them where I can. Hopefully you'll be able to find some time soon to relax. :) 

I currently have like maybe five scenes of one in a notebook. I add to it when I can think of something, and see where the story goes. Some of it will be unusable depending on how the details of the plot turn out, but oh well.

That's a good idea. And as long as it helps you figure out the story then it served it's purpose. :) 

• Like 2

Busy day today. Stress ate at work because everyone wanted everything asap and couldn't understand why that wasn't happening. And then a co-worker tried to get me to do a super rush file at the very end of the day. Everyone was freaking out about it even though it was only given to me maybe an hour earlier. Honestly, if it was really that urgent, why didn't they say something early in the morning instead of waiting until the end of the day? Am I supposed to read their minds? Ugh. Anyway, file got reassigned because I was already in the middle of other things and obviously couldn't get to it. I miss my old team more and more. 

Anyway, after work I did all the things. Took out the trash, ran the dishwasher, did my strength training workout (it was a little harder to do today, I think I should have eaten dinner first), and cooked (threw some popcorn chicken into the oven and heated up some frozen veggies). At the end of all of that I am brain dead. Didn't manage to revise or rewrite any pages but did write up a few more character details for the novella. So at least I got some work done. 

• Like 4

Another busy, stressful day at work. I am totally swamped. I don't even know how to catch up at this point. And I'm pretty sure a co-worker subtly implied that I lied about doing something that I said I did yesterday because she wasn't happy with one of my files. Maybe it's the stress talking. Either way I sent it to my manager and she took care of it and confirmed with them that yes, I actually did do what I said I was going to do and took care of the file from there. So yeah. That was that. 

Anyway, no workout today, but I did have a serving of fruit and veggies, worked on my outline a little bit and revised around a page of the short story. Not too bad all things considered. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Sometimes it’s the little wins that keep us going. Good job! Not too bad at all.

Thanks! :) 

How is this challenge almost over already? Went by way too fast. Anyway, didn't end up doing yoga like I had planned, but I had a serving of fruit and a serving of veggies. And also zero chocolate for stress eating today because I ran out so...win? Also revised/rewrote 2 pages, but I don't know. I'm not sure if I was just really tired or if I was genuinely bored with them. I mean, things are happening, so I don't know why it feels off. Maybe it's missing the main character's voice. Will have to look it over again tomorrow. 

• Like 6

Gah, didn't do anything yesterday either. Today was slightly better. I walked almost 30 minutes while at the grocery store, so I'm counting it. I was too tired to make dinner so I had a TV dinner, which had some veggies in it, so I'm counting that too. Also did laundry, ran the dishwasher and shredded papers. After that I did nothing else except read all day. I have just been so mentally wiped out. And I've had trouble sleeping this week, which doesn't help. Every night it took forever to fall asleep, and then I kept waking up a couple of times between 3 and 5am every morning.

I'm also starting to see a pattern. Every month or so at work there are a couple of days where it's slightly slower. I have fewer files to worry about and fewer demands on my attention. Those are the days when I should be getting caught up. Instead those are the days where I end feeling brain dead, and I don't end up doing anything for my personal goals. With all the urgent things out of the way my brain just starts shutting down and I can't get myself to do anything. Not sure how to fix that. And my boss asked us to work over the holiday weekend again. I was just so done with it all that I didn't even respond. 

I was hoping to finish this challenge on a stronger note, but it didn't quite happen. At least I made it to the end.  

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Gah, didn't do anything yesterday either. Today was slightly better. I walked almost 30 minutes while at the grocery store, so I'm counting it. I was too tired to make dinner so I had a TV dinner, which had some veggies in it, so I'm counting that too. Also did laundry, ran the dishwasher and shredded papers. After that I did nothing else except read all day. I have just been so mentally wiped out. And I've had trouble sleeping this week, which doesn't help. Every night it took forever to fall asleep, and then I kept waking up a couple of times between 3 and 5am every morning.

I'm also starting to see a pattern. Every month or so at work there are a couple of days where it's slightly slower. I have fewer files to worry about and fewer demands on my attention. Those are the days when I should be getting caught up. Instead those are the days where I end feeling brain dead, and I don't end up doing anything for my personal goals. With all the urgent things out of the way my brain just starts shutting down and I can't get myself to do anything. Not sure how to fix that. And my boss asked us to work over the holiday weekend again. I was just so done with it all that I didn't even respond. 

If you're feeling mentally wiped out it's no wonder you're having trouble using light days to catch up. It sounds like you need them for recovery. 

• Like 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:12 AM, Harriet said:

It sounds like you need them for recovery. 

This.

For now, don't think about catching up. Use these days to regain... a little bit of rest, charge your batteries somewhat. You seem to be acting as a lot of people's "lightning grounder".

I know time keeps on ticking and you need to somehow get personal things done too, but you really are showing signs of needing recovery more than the usual, I think?

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

On 9/6/2020 at 12:12 AM, Harriet said:

If you're feeling mentally wiped out it's no wonder you're having trouble using light days to catch up. It sounds like you need them for recovery. 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:57 AM, Aθena said:

This.

For now, don't think about catching up. Use these days to regain... a little bit of rest, charge your batteries somewhat. You seem to be acting as a lot of people's "lightning grounder".

I know time keeps on ticking and you need to somehow get personal things done too, but you really are showing signs of needing recovery more than the usual, I think?

Yeah, you guys are probably right. I'm just not very good at recovery LOL. I keep trying to push through even when I know I shouldn't. 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, fitnessgurl said:

I think you did fine with your challenge. Also bonus: you set boundaries at work & you're learning more about yourself. That's a win. Stay strong with those boundaries! *hugs*

Thanks! I'll try! *hugs back*

• Like 1