• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I surprised myself!  Monday I was able to do two pull-ups followed by one that needed a toe tap assist, and then two chin-ups!  Sometimes rest weeks work in amazing ways!  Maybe I'll make it a full three pull-ups by the end. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chesire said:

I surprised myself!  Monday I was able to do two pull-ups followed by one that needed a toe tap assist, and then two chin-ups!  Sometimes rest weeks work in amazing ways!  Maybe I'll make it a full three pull-ups by the end. 

I have always been of the "push harder!" school of thought, but I am slowly learning that this is not necessarily the best way to make progress. Congrats on the huge accomplishment!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Just finished workout 6A. Makes me a little nervous about 6B because someone posted about it being hard on the Facebook page today and I thought 6A was challenging.

Woot for finishing. As for  the difficulty, I think the key to higher volume work is to do it at a level where you can. So, if you need to start at a lower progression, or move down for some sets, do it. I like how Jim talks about what level to do things at, " Just a little bit out of your comfort level, a bit of a challenge , but not overly so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Good luck on the benchmark today gang! I've been a few days behind from the beginning, so I won't be testing until Monday, but I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way!

Thanks! Good luck to you too. 

I'm testing this morning. Can't wait. I sort of pretested earlier this week too, because I wanted to see how many chin ups I could do

How did everyone do?  I ended up with 2 pull-ups and the 3rd with a slight toe tap.  And then I was able to do a second set of 3 chin-ups!  Even considering a second set is crazy level up, not just automatically going to neg pull-ups!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chesire said:

How did everyone do?  I ended up with 2 pull-ups and the 3rd with a slight toe tap.  And then I was able to do a second set of 3 chin-ups!  Even considering a second set is crazy level up, not just automatically going to neg pull-ups!

Woot.that's cool that you were able to do it again for a second set!

I did 3. I think next week I will start over

• That's Metal 2

On 9/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Way to go guys! My original goal was 3. After I hit 4 at the middle benchmark I adjusted it to 5 and I ended up getting 6. 

Woot!!!