Elastigirl's One Millionth Challenge Extravaganza!

Elastigirl

Well, One millionth may be a bit of hyperboleūüėȬ†I don't know what number I'm at, and I couldn't theme, so here we are.

il_570xN.1158194748_a24c.jpg

I've struggled with making smart food choices during The Uncertainty. I feel like my teenage brain totally takes over. There are so many rules in life now (wear a mask, stand here, don't stand here, keep your distance, etc) that when it comes to any food rules I was following, my brain just says, NOPE. I realized that usually in the spring is when I lose a few of those winter pounds, and instead I added to them. So, part of me want to lose weight. But the teenage brain seems to be in control when it comes to making decisions. Last challenge , I worked on delaying food and tracking.I did alright on the delaying food, but rebelled against the tracking(you can't make me, says the teenage brain) I think I have a plan for that this time:

When I have a craving and want food, I will put a sticker in my So called Bullet Journal*. I then will delay the snack, aiming for about 15 minutes, but really anytime I delay is a win. Then when I post here, I will talk about how that is working.At the end of week, If I was pretty consistent about it, I give myself one of the big stickers, if I say I was amazing, I get two big stickers. Yes, this is far from a SMART goal, it is very wibbly wobbly, but it will be good for now

Also, I want to get back into the habit of drinking water in the morning. So, when I read my Bible I will drink water. I am not tracking it, and may or may not post about it, but it's something that when I am in the mood to work on it, I will.

Fitness:

I love all the fitness goals. These are fun!

post a video of my staff flow: I've been working on a flow with some of the moves I've learned so I want to make a video

L-sit; I'm still working on my L-sit: Goal by challenge end is to do 2 stag leg raises; take a video , and see how I improve

Life:

post a weekly to do list, and then a wrap up of how I've done during the week

Winning this challenge:

Again, I don't want to track. Winning is just that I've posted about stuff here and a good portion of time stuck with the stuff I would do. 

I started a chin up challenge accountabilibuddies group for those of us in the NF challenge, or anyone else working on chin- ups https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/117117-keep-your-

chin-up/

Edit to add: I totally forgot that I am working on the values journaling around my fitness and healthy.So yeah that's a goal too. I'll try and do it on Mondays, so I don't forget. Winning that part is just getting it done during the week, bonus props for doing it Monday

*my bulllet journal is not a work of art, it is the construct of a mad genius! I've given up on page numbers and any sort of numbering system, and just jot notes in it wherever. They aren't neat, or tidy. It's more like when people write random notes on a napkin. It is non linear, and probably is the stuff of nightmares for people. I have to thumb through the book to find the random page I've written on. All my life, I've tried to be the sort of person who keeps a beautiful, organized notebook, now I've just decided I'm a mad genius, and going with my randomness

• Like 12

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Twins in the themeless plus bujo department.

Here to cheer you (us) on.

• Like 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Following for you and your mad scientist Journal.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

*my bulllet journal is not a work of art, it is the construct of a mad genius! I've given up on page numbers and any sort of numbering system, and just jot notes in it wherever. They aren't neat, or tidy. It's more like when people write random notes on a napkin. It is non linear, and probably is the stuff of nightmares for people. I have to thumb through the book to find the random page I've written on. All my life, I've tried to be the sort of person who keeps a beautiful, organized notebook, now I've just decided I'm a mad genius, and going with my randomness

Sounds brilliant. That's what a bujo really is to me- a collection of napkins. Everybody puts different things on their napkins. And some will bother to number and index them and some won't, whatever :) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This is all of my ‚ÄúBujos‚ÄĚ look like eventually XD¬†

• Like 1

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

I like the idea of a chill challenge like this. I like, too, how you are aware of how many spoons you have and that many are taken up by current circumstances.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

I can’t wait to see that staff flow!  Best wishes in making better food choices.  So many of us have been making poor food choices during the last 4 months.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

On 8/2/2020 at 7:05 PM, Starpuck said:

Twins in the themeless plus bujo department.

Here to cheer you (us) on.

Yay!

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following for you and your mad scientist Journal.

ūüėÄDottorGabor.jpg?height=179

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sounds brilliant. That's what a bujo really is to me- a collection of napkins. Everybody puts different things on their napkins. And some will bother to number and index them and some won't, whatever :) 

The funniest thing is, that I realized I didn't actually do it in my Bujo. I had another notebook laying around, and I grabbed that and used it. I still have several notebooks laying around, each on promising to be the one that I keep in an organized fashion.ūüėČ

14 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

This is all of my ‚ÄúBujos‚ÄĚ look like eventually XD¬†

I think the neatness lasted for one challenge

11 hours ago, Terra said:

I needed this today!  Random bullet journals for the win!!!!  

ūüėÄ

9 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

I like the idea of a chill challenge like this. I like, too, how you are aware of how many spoons you have and that many are taken up by current circumstances.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I can’t wait to see that staff flow!  Best wishes in making better food choices.  So many of us have been making poor food choices during the last 4 months.  

Yeah, at least when I gained weight, I feel like the whole planet is gaining Covid stress weight tooūüėÄ

• Like 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Did my workout today. L-sit stuff, plus some presses, and KB deadlifts. Then went on a ruck during our afternoon walk time. Also did my journal work for my food/fitness values. The assignment was to look at other areas of your life, pick values for that, and see if anything was contradicting each other. It really wasn't.I think all these years of doing challenges has allowed me to think through whether my goals really fit with my values. It took me about one challenge of doing a Whole 30 to realize that it didn't fit with my value of having special times with friends and family.

Fixed our last Kohlrabi for dinner. They taste about like turnips, but grow above ground. They are supposed to be about the size of a baseball. This one was the size of a small cantelope. Oops, I left it a bit too long. It was still good though, just a little more sharper taste, like cabbage, then the other ones that tasted more like potato

• Like 3

On ‚Äé8‚Äé/‚Äé2‚Äé/‚Äé2020 at 4:57 PM, Elastigirl said:

*my bulllet journal is not a work of art, it is the construct of a mad genius! I've given up on page numbers and any sort of numbering system, and just jot notes in it wherever. They aren't neat, or tidy. It's more like when people write random notes on a napkin.

The fact that it's all in one place sounds tidy to me as I'm staring at my collection of sticky notes and used envelopes.

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, Current

Walk to Mordor (2021)

30 minutes ago, Ranger Hal said:

The fact that it's all in one place sounds tidy to me as I'm staring at my collection of sticky notes and used envelopes.

yep, that used to be my go-to. It's not quite all one place, since I have a few notebooks, but still a step up from the sticky notes or napkins, that probably has been thrown in the trash accidently.

• Like 2

This week:

touch up paint on shed

paint stairs? maybe

hotel for Idaho trip 

invite game night friends over

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Yeah, I’ve been having this problem of late. My notes started getting scattered between digital and notebook sources and it’s a mess.

Relatedly, I recently discovered the Moleskine Journey app which is probably has the closest digital functionality to how I “Bujo’d. I prefer analog for organization but found that with the Enting having it all on my iPad or phone makes access simpler (and less to carry around). I’m trying to stick to that for now and using my paper Bujo mostly as a sketchbook XD 

• Like 1

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Nice list o 'things!  They all sound so fun!

I just splurged and bought some ultra fine tip marker pens during the back to school shindig - the special box that kicks part of proceeds to teachers and what not?   I figured, if I am gonna spend $10 on pens ... EVER ... it should be tied to a good cause.  :D

• Like 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

20 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

Yeah, I’ve been having this problem of late. My notes started getting scattered between digital and notebook sources and it’s a mess.

Relatedly, I recently discovered the Moleskine Journey app which is probably has the closest digital functionality to how I “Bujo’d. I prefer analog for organization but found that with the Enting having it all on my iPad or phone makes access simpler (and less to carry around). I’m trying to stick to that for now and using my paper Bujo mostly as a sketchbook XD 

I laso have notes on my phone.I like digital better for straight lists- like when people recommend books or movies I just add it to my phone list

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I love kohlrabi, too bad it’s your last. I have this really good recipe involving thin slices of beef and spinach. 

Bummer, I should have asked for recipes. Around here, most people haven't heard of Kohlrabi. I hadn't heard of it, but my friend from Czech grows it, and said it grew well here. I grew it a few years ago and it was easy, so when I saw a plant at the nursery I nabbed it. I love how versatile they are. Next year I may grow more. They are well suited for our climate here

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Nice list o 'things!  They all sound so fun!

I just splurged and bought some ultra fine tip marker pens during the back to school shindig - the special box that kicks part of proceeds to teachers and what not?   I figured, if I am gonna spend $10 on pens ... EVER ... it should be tied to a good cause.  :D

New pens, what fun! 

Did my chin up workout today.That went well.Then went to do Mobius. My foot cramped while doing one of the  easy beginning stretches. Then later again, both feet cramped while trying to do the forward roll. Not sure what was up with that. I started the morning by drinking water, so I shouldn't have been dehydrated. But, the day before I was slacking on the water. It's been warm and I don't know if I am keeping up.

After that, I watched the livestream of the memorial service for the police officer who was killed in our town. So sad. It was a good service, but really hard. I'm not sure how to process it. He isn't someone I know, and yet knowing he was from our town, and died while trying to patrol our town is very hard. 

Then I did a bit of batch cooking. I cooked a recipe from my book Instaloss.  It's an Instapot recipe. Chicken, quinoa, frozen veggies, in a broth of coconut milk and broth.Nice, because it is balanced on it's own. It made 4 servings, and I divided them up into containers, so we have lunch for two days. During the winter, I am really good at cooking extra and we just have leftovers for lunch. But in the summer, our kitchen is so hot, I just really try and cook and be done and out of the kitchen as soon as I can. Last summer, hubby just ate out for lunch a lot.But now he's home, so yeah, I need to figure that out more. Also going to try and remember to buy lunchmeat at the store, or maybe some roasted chicken.

In the afternoon, I played a bit with the staff. My flow is improving, though I still have several staff drops.

I am rereading the book Perelanda, by C. S. Lewis. One part stood out to me last night. The main character , Ransom, is on a planet that has just begun. It does not have sin or evil yet. He takes a bite of this delicious fruit, and he finds it amazing. He eats the fruit, enjoying every bite, and he is full.Then the thought comes to him that he needs to it more, because it was so good. But as soon as he has that thought, he realizes that he should not do that. He becomes aware that he needs to be thankful for what he has had, and that eating more  would not bring more joy, and that he does not need to eat more to be content. My food values are self discipline and joy.I think that fits perfectly with the image Lewis was creating here. I want to  enjoy my food, and be grateful for it, but then not constantly trying to recreate that feeling of enjoyment, instead just being content with what I had. As a Christian, I believe God has given us food not only for nourishment, but also for enjoyment.But we mar that when we are not content, and continually demand more. The idea of using self discipline to delay that demand is a good one for me.Then if I eat more, I can be grateful for it(instead of guilty) or I can decide that I really have had enough.

• Like 2

Super interesting view on the food!   I used to pray that I'd learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.   I think I may be close to that.   Mostly, I want my food to fill my tummy and make me strong and keep me well.   (I've come so far in my food choices over the past ten years.)   I DO still get into this thing where something tastes so good (my favorite local grocery chain baked cookies) that I could eat them non stop.   This week, I've set the limit to 3 and told myself - you can enjoy three tonight, and three tomorrow too if you want.  Slow down and don't go nuts.

Speaking of books.    Is there a series by CS Lewis that is not related to the Narnia series?   But also still fantasy-ish?   I am going to need a new book soon.

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 8/3/2020 at 1:57 AM, Elastigirl said:

I've struggled with making smart food choices during The Uncertainty. I feel like my teenage brain totally takes over. There are so many rules in life now (wear a mask, stand here, don't stand here, keep your distance, etc) that when it comes to any food rules I was following, my brain just says, NOPE

See I want to help you with this.

So think of me as the twin of your teenage brain, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what most of the people on NF think of me anyway. It has cost me years of building rep and I'm quite proud!

Now that we got that link established, let's talk about how to make use of it. I think it's better to don't get into details but there are numerous  (yes, like a multitude of very much) ways that I can turn thinking of me, basically, just let you lose appetite. If needed I will explain (more than happily, I'm afraid) but for everyone's sake I hope it don't come to that.

So even if you disagree with me I'm pretty certain I will pop into your mind next time your teenage brain will try to take over.

No need to thank me for it, it's just a service I freely distribute!

Signed,

My alter ego

DutchPool

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Super interesting view on the food!   I used to pray that I'd learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.   I think I may be close to that.   Mostly, I want my food to fill my tummy and make me strong and keep me well.   (I've come so far in my food choices over the past ten years.)   I DO still get into this thing where something tastes so good (my favorite local grocery chain baked cookies) that I could eat them non stop.   This week, I've set the limit to 3 and told myself - you can enjoy three tonight, and three tomorrow too if you want.  Slow down and don't go nuts.

Speaking of books.    Is there a series by CS Lewis that is not related to the Narnia series?   But also still fantasy-ish?   I am going to need a new book soon.

Yes, I'm reading his Space Trilogy right now. It's really good. And then there is Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce (a bus ride to heaven and to purgatory/hell) both of which are fantastic.Great, fun reads, that also give a lot of insight into Christian living.

I had been doing really good on the eating to live, but when the Pandemic hit, and lockdown, I went into  I can't do anything else I might as well eat, and old habits crept in, and now I relearning good skills.  

4 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

See I want to help you with this.

So think of me as the twin of your teenage brain, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what most of the people on NF think of me anyway. It has cost me years of building rep and I'm quite proud!

Now that we got that link established, let's talk about how to make use of it. I think it's better to don't get into details but there are numerous  (yes, like a multitude of very much) ways that I can turn thinking of me, basically, just let you lose appetite. If needed I will explain (more than happily, I'm afraid) but for everyone's sake I hope it don't come to that.

So even if you disagree with me I'm pretty certain I will pop into your mind next time your teenage brain will try to take over.

No need to thank me for it, it's just a service I freely distribute!

Signed,

My alter ego

DutchPool

ūüėĀ¬†Oh yes that should work

• Like 1

For my workouts I have been doing L-sit work on Monday followed by some kettlebell leg work and then presses. Then on Tuesday, the chin ups, and Mobius, and staff training.I also rucked on Monday.Monday evening and Tuesday I was super tired. Not overly sore, just super tired. So, I think I need to channel some of my Rangerness and cut back. I sort of did that today. Did my Lsit work, then some deadlift, pushups, and then a couple rounds of walking lunges. A good workout, but not exhausting. Then I did decide to paint the inside of our shed this evening, so maybe not as slacking as I wanted.

The story of the inside of our shed:

We bought paint for our shed. We bought some primer, The paint shop tinted it with a bit of blue, since the shed color is blue. When the wood from our shed kit arrived, it had primer. So we didn't prime it and just painted blue. Mr. Incredible said we should just use the tinted primer to paint the inside of our shed. I thought a nice light blue sounded pretty. So, Mr Incredible took out the paint sprayer and painted it.But it was not light blue, it was ugly gray. I said at first that I could live with it, because I hated to spend money on painting the inside of the shed. But, it really made the inside of our shed look like a cave and I hated it. We have a bit of the white paint from the trim left , so we decided to paint it that.This evening we painted as much as we could with the paint we have. It looks much better.You can see the gray a bit through the white, but the shed is much lighter and less cave like. When my husband was painting the inside of the shed , he thought it looked dark, but he had a goal and didn't want to stop. Doesn't that just sound like the Mr. Incredible from the movie? He really is Mr. Incredible

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm here to see you rock your "One millionth" Challenge!!!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

22 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I'm here to see you rock your "One millionth" Challenge!!!

Yay , glad to see you!

• Like 1

Our cucumbers are growing. We had some yesterday and today. @Starpuck I think I should make a video of my garden, like you did , so I can share all my garden goodness. My cucmbers are lemon cucumbers. They are yellow, and round. Kind of fun and different.

Did my chin up work out. I was going to Mobius, but I didn't feel like it, and decided not to push it. I painted the inside of our shed today. Also amde some chicken in the Instapot, and roast beef in the crockpot, so We have some meat for a bit

• Like 6