Elastigirl's One Millionth Challenge Extravaganza!

50 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I wonder if it’s the Corona 15. You’re still active and healthy, but you’re stuck at home more than you used to be which means less movement and more snacking.

Yes, that's very much it. I'm doing alright on the movement, but especially at the beginning, it was a lot of boredom eating. And then it just became habit

• Like 3

Week wrap up(what week are we on anyway?)

Did my L-sit workout- I've plateaued , so it's a bit frustrating, but I did it

Chin ups- Yes, did my retest and achieved the 60 second unassisted hang.Because I could do other things on the higher levels( above bar hang, chin up) I ended up going up 5 levels! I'm super pumped

Staff flow: worked on it

Did my fitness /food value journal assignment

weekly goals:

paint stairs- tomorrow start

weed front bed

shop for potting bench

put away stuff from trip 

vacuum downstairs

other thoughts; I decided that I need to lose weight, so I started working on that. I'm not going to be super focused on it. I'm giving myself a point for not eating an eveing meal. 12 points wins a prize. I'm also trying to up my step count. Walking is a good way for me to get movement in without making myself hungrier. I managed that Friday and Sunday. I'm also still working on putting my fork down between bites, and listening to my body's hunger signals.

This week's goals

plan geocaching for Saturday

shop for potting bench

Flylady bedroom

values journal

note to lady at church

• Like 1

Things have been going well. Went out to lunch with my prayer group friends today. The last time we did that was February, just before our lockdown. It was wonderful to just sit and chat with these women.The weather was perfect, sunny but not hot. I love these women, they are such an encouragement to me in the way they serve others, and they motivate me to get outside my little self bubble.

Did my workout. Did the L-sit practice and then the NF KB circuit.That circuit always hammers me, I need to do it more often

Thoughts on my L-sit workout; The way the NF programs are set up, you just do a couple of exercises, and you have goals to set and when you reach them you level up.  I started doing it with the idea to keep working on it until I completed all the levels. Plan was to completely focus on L-sit for a couple of months, doing the exercises, plus ones from GMB, then back off and do just the two exercises and do other types of things. Worked great, but now I've plateaued. I added back in leg raises. But in the stag leg(one leg bent, one straight) I still can't raise the straight leg all the way. I'm feeling kind of frustrated. I got to this point with the tuck leg raises, and worked through it. Now I'm trying to decide whether to drop it for a bit, or keep working on it.

Chin ups are going great. Making a lot of progress. I do kind of like the idea that is is a 7 week challenge though.Honestly,  I struggle with keeping with exercise goals long term.

I've been doing great on skipping an evening snack. Once I decided to lose weight, skipping the snack was easy. I feel like losing weight is easier than maintaining. You have this clear goal in mind, and I can visualize fitting into my pants better, and less of a muffin top. Maintaining I seem to keep upping the amount of food I eat. Not sure what to do about that (call it bulking?😁)

• Like 4

Just finished my workout.DId some L-sit work, and then Mobius. Then I was going to do the KB circuit, but I remembered that I wanted to film my staff flow today.  So, I practiced that instead. Not sure if I will have time now to film it. Monday it will happen. I think part of my issue with the L-sit, is I have too many goals. They all take just a little time, so I feel like I should get them in.But, reality is that even little things, if you have enough of them add up. And so I don't have the time or energy to do all that I planned. The down side of that is that I feel like I am spinning my wheels, and feel guilty because I am not getting it all done.I need to make decisions. Two more weeks of chin up- so that's priority. Then I need to make the staff flow on Monday. . Maybe skip doing Mobius until I am done with chin ups? I wanted to do Mobius to get some flexibility in, but maybe I will skip it.I am doing one stretch (hamstring) for the L-sit. So maybe that is good for now?

Yesterday I broke my streak and had food after dinner. I had a potato. I really did feel hungry. I was a bit down on myself, but the other part of me reminded me that I delayed , decided I was hungry, and then ate real food. The problem is I find it hard to lose weight unless I deal with some hunger. Well, we shall see what happens. 

Yesterday picked apples from our apple tree. At least the lower ones, the upper branches I left for Mr. Incredible. A bit frustrated with our apple tree.We've been battling apple maggots (worms that get inside your apple and leave trails ewww) for the last several years. This year we did all the things that are recommended, but still about half the apples had it.😡 Plan next year is for Mr. Incredible to prune it way down, and then the apple maggot traps we place will hopefully be effective.Also picked blueberries.One bush is great, tons of blueberries.The other three have hardly any, no idea why. Such is the life of a gardener, seems like there is always something you are battling😉

• Like 3
On 8/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, Elastigirl said:

Yesterday I broke my streak and had food after dinner. I had a potato. I really did feel hungry. I was a bit down on myself, but the other part of me reminded me that I delayed , decided I was hungry, and then ate real food. The problem is I find it hard to lose weight unless I deal with some hunger.

I hear you on this. It sounds like it falls into the category of "food is fuel," so not a bad thing. I'm like you though, my weight is reasonable, so I don't lose unless I deal with some hunger. For me counting calories helps because it's a way to quantify a reasonable amount of hunger, which I find hard to do otherwise (first world problem). Not suggesting that for you, just mean to express empathy.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I hear you on this. It sounds like it falls into the category of "food is fuel," so not a bad thing. I'm like you though, my weight is reasonable, so I don't lose unless I deal with some hunger. For me counting calories helps because it's a way to quantify a reasonable amount of hunger, which I find hard to do otherwise (first world problem). Not suggesting that for you, just mean to express empathy.

Thanks. Yeah, counting calories is how I've had success before. I think when you don't have much weight to lose . it's easier. On one hand , counting calories takes the guilt feeling out of it, but I'm not sure  that I'm mentally in the place for it. I may just go for three days a week next challenge or something

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

On one hand , counting calories takes the guilt feeling out of it, but I'm not sure  that I'm mentally in the place for it.

I totally get it.

• Like 1

4th week wrap up. Wow this challenge went fast;

First of all the weekend:

Friday afternoon I felt super tired.Decided I was pushing it too hard with workouts, and decided to take it easier this week. Went on Friday night urban trail walk with hubby in the evening. Came home , and then later in the evening had an bad stomach- racing to the bathroom kind of bad. Took Imodium and went to bed. Saturday I fasted for a good section of the day, then ate some banana, and then chicken and then rice.Sunday my stomach was better, but I kept the food mild and light. Felt good enough to go for a walk. Thankfully the stomach problems were quick. The saddest part about it was I had to cancel a planned geocaching outing with my sister and kids.☹️ 

The week:

Did really good about skipping an evening snack, and listening to my body. Did 2 days of chin up, but had to skip Saturday's workout due to sickness. Did almost everything on my list. Didn't shop for a potting bench- really going to do it this week!

This week's plans

Today for my workout I practiced the flow and made a video, so I will post that.  It's a little rough, but still fun. I'm going to do the chin up workouts, and some push  exercise, and maybe nothing else, I may just call it a deload week. Or maybe I will do some more, but keep it light. 

I took my measurments around my belly today.It was higher than it's been in a long time.And higher than I want to be. It is recommended that your waist (measured around belly button) be half the amount of your height.Which mean I should be at 30" or less. Right now I am at 34" . So that gives me more incentive to lose.

Goals for this week

order potting bench

clean mirrors

flylady clean kitchen

journal for values on fitness/food

• Like 2

Today's report:

Went on two walks, got in a little over 10,000 steps.

Had an afternoon snack, but delayed 20 minutes to see if I was really hungry, did so so at putting fork down at dinner, kept forgetting and eating fast (probably due to the fact I ate so little over the weekend)

• Like 1

Yesterday went well. I ended up having an evening snack of chicken and banana. I delayed it , but still felt hungry after 20 minutes. Also, being as  I ate so little over the weekend, I figured that it was very probably that my body needed the food. Weighed myself and I lost a little over a pound last week. Which is nice, but doesn't really tell me how well my no evening snack worked as most of what I lost was probably due to being sick.And sometimes I gain that back when I start eating normally. I tried to pay attention to my hunger cues today, and eat slowly. 

Picked a whole bag of cucumbers from our garden.Sadly, I'm not too crazy about them. They are yellow cucumbers, and don't have much flavor. I think I will make some refrigerator pickles with them. And see if I can give some away to my friends tomorrow.

• Like 2

Good day today.Had my friends over for visiting and prayer time in our front yard. Then did my workout; 3 NF Kettlebell rounds and 20 minutes of rowing.Just got home from an after dinner walk with hubby.

Remember how I've complained about my front garden bed, and how grass kept growing amongst the ground cover, and no matter what I did it looked messy? Decided to tackle that today. I tore out a bunch of the ground over, so I could also tear out the grass roots. Now it is just a bare spot, but it still looks better than what it did. Grass will probably come back, but now I can get to it easier and hopefully get rid of most of it.

Weighed myself today, and I'm down 2 pounds. I don't think I've really lost that much, so It may pop up a bit, but the downward trend is nice

• Like 3
On 9/6/2020 at 2:29 PM, KB Girl said:

Great video! You're doing really awesome tricks :) it all looks so smooth! 

You look so bored doing it though! xD as if it's just toooo easy for you. 

Thanks, Ha, I was trying to look cool and intense. 😀

In the U.S. , it is Labor Day, so we had a three day weekend. Saturday we went geocaching with my sister and nieces(college age).So fun! I hadn't seen my nieces in way too long ,so it was good seeing them and catching up. We had a picnic lunch on the beach, and then did the geocaching in the forest trails.So we got to see both beach and trees. Perfect weather, sunny, not hot.

Then today, hubby and I went to a town a couple hours north, right on the Canadian order. There was a spit, with a trail, that went out a little over a mile. There were tons of caches! It was super pretty, a very clear day.We saw boats on the water, Mt Baker, and we could see Canada really well. It was Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver. Part of the walk was on the beach, and it was tough.Our beaches are rocks. So we were walking on loose rocks, and it was really windy and we were walking into the wind, and very warm.I was getting tired fast. But then a trail started, that was off the beach, and hard packed dirt. We walked and cached to the end of the spit, and went into a cafe for a cold drink.They also had snacks, and I was tempted, but I wasn't hungry (plus we had apples in our backpack if I was) so I just had a bubbly water. Then the walk back was on a paved trail, so that was easy (though it was still windy and hot by my standards)It was a good afternoon.We found 10 caches. Then we went out to a burger place. I had the brisket and fries. I ate slowly, and did not finish all my fries. Probably ate more than I should  for losing weight, but just stopping when I feel full is a win for me.

And now challenge wrap up

Fitness:

I love all the fitness goals. These are fun!

post a video of my staff flow: I've been working on a flow with some of the moves I've learned so I want to make a video- COMPLETE

L-sit; I'm still working on my L-sit: Goal by challenge end is to do 2 stag leg raises; take a video , and see how I improve_COMPLETE, i did take the last week off as I was kind of burnt out on them 

Life:

post a weekly to do list, and then a wrap up of how I've done during the week- COMPLETE

Winning this challenge:

Again, I don't want to track. Winning is just that I've posted about stuff here and a good portion of time stuck with the stuff I would do. _ COMPLETE

I started a chin up challenge accountabilibuddies group for those of us in the NF challenge, or anyone else working on chin- ups https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/117117-keep-your-

chin-up/- COMPLETE

Edit to add: I totally forgot that I am working on the values journaling around my fitness and healthy.So yeah that's a goal too. I'll try and do it on Mondays, so I don't forget. Winning that part is just getting it done during the week, bonus props for doing it Monday_COMPLETE

Looks like I won this challenge! I levelled up on the chin ups, completing a 60 second hang , and increasing my chin up reps.Did the staff video. I feel much more confident in my Eating Skills,Those took a while, but I finally feel like I am able to start making mindful decisions about what I eat.

Things I would change: I felt like I had a lot of little goals; Chin up challenge, staff flow , L-sit,. walking, do some rowing,Mobius, some kettlebells. This left me with a feeling like I wasn't doing all the things I wanted to, and a sort of guilt over that. Next challenge, I think I will pare it down. And also learn to quiet  the guilt feelings. I was going to say not have them, but I don't know as a Ranger, I always sort of have this feeling ,"wait you could do this" so maybe instead of trying not to feel that way, I will just laugh and say, yep, I'm a Ranger , I always want to do ALL the things, and then just do the things I've committed to, and extra ones as I want.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

And also learn to quiet  the guilt feelings. I was going to say not have them, but I don't know as a Ranger, I always sort of have this feeling ,"wait you could do this" so maybe instead of trying not to feel that way, I will just laugh and say, yep, I'm a Ranger , I always want to do ALL the things, and then just do the things I've committed to, and extra ones as I want.

Lots of wisdom in this bit! 

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, Ha, I was trying to look cool and intense. 😀

haha I can imagine! it's funny what expressions do. So glad I'm not into a sport where you have to put on a performance face x) 

18 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Lots of wisdom in this bit! 

haha I can imagine! it's funny what expressions do. So glad I'm not into a sport where you have to put on a performance face x) 

The last video I did, I tried to smile the whole time.That felt awkard. Michell Smith (the awesome gal who does the staff videos) suggested a neutral face, so I thought I'd try that.

Just now, Elastigirl said:

The last video I did, I tried to smile the whole time.That felt awkard. Michell Smith (the awesome gal who does the staff videos) suggested a neutral face, so I thought I'd try that.

I guess you have resting bored face, like me :D

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Great flow, you really picked up some skills. I don't know what it is exactly but there's something about the forest and the loose hair that has a lovely wild vibe to it. 

Thanks. Oh good to hear on the wild vibe. I tried a video with my hair in a ponytail, and thought it would fit better with my hair down.A wild vibe is what I was going for

14 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks. Oh good to hear on the wild vibe. I tried a video with my hair in a ponytail, and thought it would fit better with my hair down.A wild vibe is what I was going for

Haha awesome, you nailed it! 

• Like 1

Yesterday, I did my chin up workout, and then the rowing machine.After I got up from the rower, my back seized up. I used to have chronic back pain. It was just always sore, now I rarely have back pain. But, I've never had that feeling where it all just seizes up.  I freaked out a bit, wondering if I'd done something really bad. Took some deep breaths, and then did some light stretches. It still hurt, but it wasn't all seized up. Took some Turmeric pills,  and then did light stretching and mobility occasionally during the day. I also drank a lot of water, as it has been hot and dry here, and I wonder if I was dehydrated. I would have gone for a walk, but the air quality was poor from smoke from all the fires. Before bed I took an Advil.Slept fine, woke up and it felt stiff, but not sore. Did a some stretching and it felt better. For workout today, I did Mobius, which was some turning squats, and backward shoulder rolls. Took it easy, and stopped as soon as my back felt tired, and all seemed well. Was able to go on a walk this evening, as the air was less bad .Still poor and not great for my allergies, but decent enough for a short walk

I made apple crisp with the apples from our tree. Took it to a family  gathering, and left them the leftovers. Nice, I was able to have a piece, but not have it to snack on all week. My brother in law made fried chicken, and I ate past full, but FRIED CHICKEN😀I haven't had that in forever. A very worth it treat. Right now as far as my weight loss goes, I'm fine with it being slow. I'm focusing on learning skills. That reminds me, I have not done the values journal for this week.  A good excuse to go sit in our air conditioned bedroom now and work on it.

• Like 1