KB Girl keeps a journal, part 2

KB Girl

Current mood; ugh. 

Even though things are actually pretty good, the overall mood is just, ugh. So I thought it'd be a good idea to double down on journaling. Both because the overview helps make sure I don't let anything go to complete shit and because I tend to write about the good little things.. all the cute/awesome things the kids do or people being nice or first pumpkin harvest, stuff like that. And for some much needed dopamine hits I'll give myself some very easy challenges; 

Main goal; do the journaling, post a photo here every week for accountability. 

Sub challenges; 

1. eat an extra bowl of veggies everyday

2. do something nice with/for Emma everyday

3. do something nice with/for Jaap everyday

Bonus challenges; 

1. accumulate training/moving points 

2. accumulate cleaning/decluttering points

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current hiding out in a battle log: KB Girl's journal

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Current mood; ugh. 

Even though things are actually pretty good, the overall mood is just, ugh.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been looking for a good way to phrase this feeling of blah-ness that is everywhere around me.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Journalling is a grand thing to focus on now. ❤️ 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Here and following :) 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hate that you're feeling down, but I'm glad that you're here. I love the do something nice goals. ❤️

Me too, thanks. They have to put up with me so it's the least I can do ;)

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. I hope the journaling helps.

Thank you! Me too. 

20 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I know exactly what you mean. I've been looking for a good way to phrase this feeling of blah-ness that is everywhere around me.

Yeah.. it's like the individual difficulties are made 5x worse because of the state of the world. 

20 hours ago, raptron said:

Journalling is a grand thing to focus on now. ❤️ 

:)

18 hours ago, sylph said:

Here for this.

I'm glad! 

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here and following :) 

Very welcome! :)

• Like 1

Monday is my day off so I did lots of fun things with Emma. We made music, build a 'rocket launcher' from blocks, read books, went to the playground and attempted to make naan bread inspired by @WhiteGhost's thread. The naan bread didn't turn out great because I had to substitute things to try to make it cow-milk free and it wasn't a succes...  but it did also inspire me to make a chicken curry and that was pretty amazing, best I ever made I think. After I got both kids to sleep I cleaned up the kitchen because Jaap really dislikes coming home to a messy kitchen. And then I went to sleep. Didn't journal because I had used my free time to catch up here on NF. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Monday is my day off so I did lots of fun things with Emma. We made music, build a 'rocket launcher' from blocks, read books, went to the playground and attempted to make naan bread inspired by @WhiteGhost's thread. The naan bread didn't turn out great because I had to substitute things to try to make it cow-milk free and it wasn't a succes...  but it did also inspire me to make a chicken curry and that was pretty amazing, best I ever made I think. After I got both kids to sleep I cleaned up the kitchen because Jaap really dislikes coming home to a messy kitchen. And then I went to sleep. Didn't journal because I had used my free time to catch up here on NF. 

If you end up finding good substitutions for the naan let me know! I have tried to make it before also, but a lot of the recipes include yogurt which I cannot eat.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

50 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

If you end up finding good substitutions for the naan let me know! I have tried to make it before also, but a lot of the recipes include yogurt which I cannot eat.

is it lactose for you? or also cow milk protein? because I was thinking of trying with goats yoghurt, but there is also this oat yoghurt which is disgusting but might work for naan.. 

57 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

If you end up finding good substitutions for the naan let me know

5 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

oat yoghurt which is disgusting but might work for naan.. 

There is also coconut yogurt as well. I've had some decent vegan garlic naan made with coconut yogurt. The garlic helps hide the fact that it's not true naan.

• Like 1

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Monday's are kind of Blah for me too.  

Rebel level 3

"To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear." - Buddha

"A sad soul can be just as lethal as a germ." - John Steinbeck

#1 #2

7 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

There is also coconut yogurt as well. I've had some decent vegan garlic naan made with coconut yogurt. The garlic helps hide the fact that it's not true naan.

Ohh man I didn’t even consider that as an option because just smelling that stuff makes me gag x) but good to know that it worked!

6 hours ago, thebenevolentcounselor said:

Monday's are kind of Blah for me too.  

Oh no I rather like Mondays since it’s my day off. I guess for you it means the end of the weekend?

3 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Here for ya! I know others focused on the naan, but how'd the rocket launcher turn out?

:) well I have a policy of not interfering with her fantasy, so.. ehm.. it’s only because she told me that I know it was supposed to be a rocket launcher. But it had a balcony and a pet dog that was going to go into space and it’s drinking bowl and a decorative tree.

• Like 2

Midnight update because my friend insomnia is visiting. 

Tuesday week 1

Today was the first time since Sophie was born that Jaap and I both worked in the evening and my mom put the kids in bed.. and it was... really hard to leave the baby behind. Especially because she likes to drink a lot in the evening.. 

Other than that it was a pretty good day, I had classes in the morning and evening. Had a half hour in the morning to lift some weights and 20 minutes between classes in the evening to lift some kettlebells.

i boiled a bowl of carrots and peas to have with my lunch sand which.. spend some focussed time with Emma just answering her questions about lots of things and in the evening Jaap and I spend an hour just chatting about things (mostly the kids tbh) and that was nice. 

morning session;

5x5 boxsquats with 35kg

5x5 pushups (hands elevated to 6.1)

4x10/10 side hip thingy

4x6 assisted ring pullups

evening session;

5x 2:00 Kettlebell jerks with 2x8kg

stretches for hips and shoulders

some handstands for fun 

The box squats seem to work with the last bits of my butt injury. The KB jerks are really really light which just feels awkward, but my triceps will probably be glad for slow re-introduction. I had hoped to be so much further into recovery by now and that makes me a bit sad.. but(t) I’m trying to just take it from here and not dwell. 

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

I missed Emma's uke performance on IG because I couldn't play sound at the time and now it's gone, but it looked wonderful. 

Glad that your pain in the butt is becoming tolerable :)  

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

is it lactose for you? or also cow milk protein? because I was thinking of trying with goats yoghurt, but there is also this oat yoghurt which is disgusting but might work for naan.. 

23 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

I can try different yogurts. Thanks! I'm not sure what it is for me, just that it is specific to yogurt, and not other dairy (that I have noticed). 

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Today was the first time since Sophie was born that Jaap and I both worked in the evening and my mom put the kids in bed.. and it was... really hard to leave the baby behind. Especially because she likes to drink a lot in the evening.. 

That's rough. :(

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

some handstands for fun 

My favorite kind of fun. :D

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

The box squats seem to work with the last bits of my butt injury. 

Woot! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I missed Emma's uke performance on IG because I couldn't play sound at the time and now it's gone, but it looked wonderful. 

Glad that your pain in the butt is becoming tolerable :)  

She was singing old McDonald, haha. She's been doing that for days and then constantly comes up with new things he has on his farm. Hippo's, horses, trees, cats, babies. It's driving me a little crazy, but I do encourage it because it's good for her English x)

And thank you! now I have to not overdo it to keep it this way. 

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I can try different yogurts. Thanks! I'm not sure what it is for me, just that it is specific to yogurt, and not other dairy (that I have noticed). 

That's rough. :(

That's interesting.. might be a mild allergy to the protein then.. but I'd think you'd at least also notice that with ice cream or sour cream, things like that.. 

Yes mother nature is very good with those hormones that make you want to be constantly with your baby. It's a good thing really, but rough sometimes in the modern world. And I already have it better than most seeing as how we've arranged it that I can 100% live feed. 

• Like 1

Wednesday was a good day. We babysat my nephew (1,5) in the morning and all three kids were super cute. After my sister picked him up I had a nap with the baby. We had dinner at my moms and while Jaap took the kids by car I went by bike. It's only 15 minutes, but all little bits of cardio are more than no cardio. Also 2x15 minutes is half an hour. Half an hour of cardio. I deserve a medal. 

After dinner I took over at the gym, got a bit of training in and did a lot of vacuuming. It's ridiculous how long vacuuming takes in a space like that. I did deadlifts and it went very well at first, it was very tempting to up the weight or the reps, but I didn't and that was a good thing because I did really feel my butt after the 5th set and stopped there. Hopefully I stopped soon enough and I can continue on like this.

5x3 deadlifts with 55kg

3x5 high hang clean + jerk with empty bar (15kg)

active hangs in rings, 10 sets

OH dumbell press, 3x5/5 with 5kg 

lots and lots and lots of ab work -> first time I could do the legs in a dead bug since pregnancy (not sure wether to go yay or lament over how hard having babies is on your body)

I journaled in the evening, finished re-reading the fourth book of the wheel of time, had intended to eat carrots as a snack but had ice-cream instead.. but I did have three plates of salad with dinner. Thanks to the challenge I took some extra care to focus on Emma and tell her a story, which was nice. I think I felt a little less ugh today, even with the awful news from Beirut, and I'm trying to let me feel less ugh, because I feel like I should feel ugh... if that makes any sense. 

• Like 9

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

finished re-reading the fourth book of the wheel of time

!! I also started re-reading Wheel of Time--I'm only somewhere in the middle of book 2, though

And yes--the news out of Beirut is more than enough to feel ugh about, so if you're managing not to, good job. :)

On 8/6/2020 at 5:45 AM, KB Girl said:

finished re-reading the fourth book of the wheel of time

I love that series.  One of the most selfish ways I am personally affected by this pandemic is that production of the TV version of this has now been delayed :( 

Level 2 Ninja