The Quest for Sanity

13 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I feel like this math fails to take into a account that the amount of clutter one can have in one's home, is not directly related to the amount of stuff one has.... 😛 

Hahaha, I have noticed that.

Did not work out today. Am having an unplanned rest day. I tore the house apart working on the Fall cleaning thing, so warned Mr. Ravenclaw that it's going to look worse before it gets better. The kitchen is looking better . . . on the inside. The baking cabinet that stuff would fall out of when you opened the door now has only the things that I actually bake with (rather than the all the things that The Pinterest Nailed It Perfect Baking Me will one day use (when I have no homework and no writing projects and no toddlers and no acting-behavior therapist, and lots of free time). Also, cleared out the top shelf of the island so that I can fit all my preschool supplies.

Also, worked on sorting the kids clothing situation. Short version of a long story: their clothes were in a dresser like a normal children's bedroom, then opened all the drawers and tossed them out. Put on child proof locks, they still open far enough for little fingers to pull out all the clothes. Moved the clothes into a closet on hanging shelves. Put childproof lock on very top of doors. They push hard enough at the bottom of the doors to get them off the tracks, and pull out all the clothes from the hanging shelves. So, their clothes have been in piles in various laundry baskets all over my bedroom. 

So anyway, during my son's therapy session today, I bought two plastic 3-drawer bins from Walmart today.  I didn't get to actually getting the clothes in there though, because then the little one needed his nap. And I spent all evening on the kitchen. Tomorrow, I'll get the clothes in the bins. Just not sure where I am going to keep the drawers. Do I dare put in their closet, or do I just find a place to keep it in my room? Choices, lol.

• Like 1

Adulting is Hard. Jesus Helps. 

1 hour ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

So, I've been remodeling the bathroom since last Friday. I have no worked out since last Friday. If you don't count the sanding, priming, painting, and bloody re-sanding, re-priming, and re-painting every time I see a spot. Word to the wise: NEVER remodel white. Ugh.

Remodeling totally counts.

My workout today was: Participate in disconnecting all cables to everything in the entertainment center (the TV has four input devices connected, and a sound system), and move every individual part up the stairs to keep them safe. Carrying a subwoofer, a 65" TV, various speakers and gaming consoles, not to mention a huge gaming PC up my commute stair case, is definitely a workout! Obviously your sanding and painting does as well.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27