Reintroducing.....Luxia....Again!

Hello there, I'm Luxia.

I'm updating my introduction since it's been a few months. I had shoulder surgery in September and it forced me to reevaluate things, juuuuust a bit. 😉

I used to play around here many MANY years, ago, under a name I honestly can't even remember, so I'm starting fresh. I'm so grateful you're all still here!

I'm a dancer/choreographer, yoga teacher, and costume designer - and I'm just starting to learn Classical Latin.

I'm a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a historic recreation group, and mostly focus on Ancient Greece and Rome. 

I love to read, write, cook, and make lots of art.

I look forward to sharing this space with you all while I work on completing my Epic Quest of getting down to 20% body fat!

{Updated 11 December 2020}

• Like 3

Nyx, Daughter of Chaos

Hey Luxia, welcome back to NF!

3 minutes ago, Luxia said:

I hesitated on coming back, as I felt like a failure for not sticking with things, and basically being in the same place as I was...if not worse.

But then I realized that the only way I'd be failing is if I DIDN'T come back and reach my goals.

I feel this, I'm currently in the middle of a respawn challenge myself.

If it's been a long time, you're welcome to start again at the Lv1 Guild for your first challenge back. Here's a handy group of links for more info about challenges if you want a refresher, but I'm afraid I haven't been through it recently myself, so I'm not sure if anything there is out of date. Hazard, the Guild Leader for the Lv1 Guild, has a more streamlined alternative up that may also be of help. He's been really on it at coaching newcomers to make clear, achievable goals.

Everyone here is really friendly, so feel free to reach out to anyone if you have any questions. You probably know all of this already, but you can tag people in threads using the @ symbol and their name (@Wobbegong) or send private messages by hovering your cursor over a user name or icon and then clicking "Message" in the popup that appears. You can also send messages through the message center, by clicking the envelope icon next to notifications.

I look forward to seeing you around!

• Like 1