New - would appreciate any help!

DB9

Hey, I recently discovered Nerdfitness and wanted to start taking my fitness more seriously. For the last 2.5 months I’ve been watching what I eat and increasing my exercise more. I saw great results probably for the first month or month and a half but recently things have seemed to plateau. I’ve been trying lots of different things and none of them seem to be working - which is why I started looking at nerd fitness articles and giving some of their recommendations a go (eg putting more emphasis on strength/resistance training). Would love any tips or help to make sure I start seeing results again. 

"Seeing results" is a nebulous term.  Are you looking to lose weight?  Increase strength, speed, or stamina?  Simply eat more veggies?  No matter what your actual goal is, a good general starting point is pick 1 thing and a method of attack, track your progress for 3-6 weeks to determine if change is happening effectively, readjust from there.  It all takes time, and if you jump weekly from method to method you won't have a chance to determine what is actually working. 

If you have specific goals, there is likely someone here that can start you off on the right track, if you want to put in the time.

Yeah sorry - should’ve been a bit more specific. Over the course of the 2.5 months, my main goal has always been to lose fat while either maintaining or building muscle. The first few months I saw my weight drop (went from 60kg to 57kg - I’m only 5’5”), I put on more muscle and my fat (primarily around my waist and belly) significantly decreased. But then I hit a plateau where nothing was really happening! So I’d really like to overcome this plateau and see more fat loss (My number 1 goal) and either muscle building or retaining during that process

imho losing fat is the most common  but absolutely the hardest thing to do.

pleateaus are common, overreacting to change in weight is common.  even stuff like "poo" can throw your body weight around a few pounds (gross! I know)....

so what do you DO?

you double down on exercise, diet and BE PATIENT.  patience and consistency- thats my answer and I'm sticking to it. (BTW... lost about 35# )

instead of Weight Loss, pick an easier metric to track.

for example if you are RUNNING as exercise- use miles run in a week (or time).  something like that.

Concentrate on the Exercise

welcome to NF

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....