Tamesis, Making Changes

Tamesis

Good morning Rebellion!

Previously known as Neeko, I'm rising as Tamesis. Neeko really held some unpleasant memories for me so it was time for a change. Tamesis was and is my boss healer in WoW. The name comes from the River Thames and means the Dark One. 

This challenge is similar to my last challenge but I've backed off a lot on my goals. An unwritten (written) goal that has cause this is the need to spend more time with my family, especially with my soon to be sister-in-law. She is 17, soon to be 18, and not in the best of situations at home. She has been staying with us for the last couple weeks and her parents are still not treating her great and upsetting her. There's nothing I can do about them, but I want to make sure she understands she has me and her brother's support, make sure she has everything she needs (so her parents' can't hold it over her head and make her feel like she owes them), and get her through her senior year of high school so she can go to college. So needless to say, I need to have a little more free time to work with her which is hard when I'm working so much. 

Current Challenge

• Like 3

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge

A little recap. So I forgot we were starting this up again before Saturday. But I am busy as always. It's overwhelming as always. The challenge could be going better but it also could be going worse. Does anyone have any advice for managing your time while working a lot? I keep saying I'm going to fall into a routine but I am really struggling. I'm afraid I may have to turn to coffee soon :o lol 

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

Hello Tamesis. Great name! I grew up on the Thames, so I approve.

I've been reading Work Clean by Dan Charnas. Really interesting book about how chefs organise space and time when they work. Really helpful.

What's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

What's the second best time to plant a tree?

Now.

Welcome back! I love the idea of a fresh new identity to go with a fresh new start :D

On 8/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, Tamesis said:

Does anyone have any advice for managing your time while working a lot?

It's a bit boring, but I find to-do lists help me a lot. Back in my uni days when I was nearing a deadline I'd have every waking hour planned out to make sure I had time for everything. I don't often need to go down to that level of detail anymore, but those weeks when there's just too much going on it helps to have it all written down so you can see it all and not overlook anything.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:15 AM, Lateral Planet said:

Welcome back! I love the idea of a fresh new identity to go with a fresh new start :D

It's a bit boring, but I find to-do lists help me a lot. Back in my uni days when I was nearing a deadline I'd have every waking hour planned out to make sure I had time for everything. I don't often need to go down to that level of detail anymore, but those weeks when there's just too much going on it helps to have it all written down so you can see it all and not overlook anything.

I like To-Do lists. I frequently make them, and forget to ever look at them again. But I'm trying to get a bit better about it. I'm also working on getting myself up a little earlier so I have time to sit down and organize my day. I have also spent time detailing every minute of my day. I try not to do that so much anymore since wrenches are frequently thrown my way. I prefer a more loose plan of the day. Of course the main points of the day are work, family time, sleep, and school stuff when class is in session. Maybe I should start micromanaging again. Hmm. I'll think about this a little. I am very rambly right now. o.o sorry.

On 8/11/2020 at 2:44 AM, cd667 said:

Hello Tamesis. Great name! I grew up on the Thames, so I approve.

I've been reading Work Clean by Dan Charnas. Really interesting book about how chefs organise space and time when they work. Really helpful.

:D Yay! Thank you! 

I'll have to look into that book! I added it to my sample list in my kindle. :)

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

So yesterday I finally had my reproductive endo/fertility appointment. It was a bit nerve wracking and overwhelming. So while we try to regulate my cycle, I need to lose ~100lbs so that I'm in the healthy weight range to have children. I've been slowly but surely working on losing weight. I was feeling pretty confident and then I was informed that to regulate my cycle we'll use hormones. I'm not sure why that surprised me... but it'll make it more difficult to lose weight. I'm concerned about this but it's not like its impossible. I can do this. I know I can. It's just overwhelming.

I did discover, thanks to Facebook, that Nerd Fitness has an app now! I downloaded it and started it. It feels like starting the academy fresh. I'm really enjoying it so far! It was a great, inspirational find!

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

9 hours ago, Tamesis said:

I can do this. I know I can. It's just overwhelming.

It is. But I love your attitude.

We tried for years to have children and couldn't. So I can definitely empathise with your position.

Anything we can do to help, drop us a line.

What's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

What's the second best time to plant a tree?

Now.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, Tamesis said:

I like To-Do lists. I frequently make them, and forget to ever look at them again. But I'm trying to get a bit better about it. I'm also working on getting myself up a little earlier so I have time to sit down and organize my day. I have also spent time detailing every minute of my day. I try not to do that so much anymore since wrenches are frequently thrown my way. I prefer a more loose plan of the day. Of course the main points of the day are work, family time, sleep, and school stuff when class is in session. Maybe I should start micromanaging again. Hmm. I'll think about this a little. I am very rambly right now. o.o sorry.

Ramble away! Yes there's often a fine line between being organised and overorganised. A loose plan is usually the way to go. Whatever you do, don't spend so long planning that you run out of time to actually do stuff ;)