Edgedancer: introduction!

Hello everyone!

I found NF a couple of months ago, browsing for info on fitness and workouts. I discovered weight training (mainly with this NF article and this one) and have started working out with weights 2-3 times a week, I really like it!

Like many people I suffered a bit from the lockdown, especially as I moved to another country (Canada!) and started a new job 2 weeks prior. I struggled during the first months, but recently things are getting better, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through daily activity is an important part of it!

My main overall goals are related to mental health and professional development, and my fitness and nutrition goals are here to support them. Namely:

• Learning more about weight training, doing it correctly and enjoying it!
  • Watching my nutrition to lose a little fat
  • Moving every day to keep my energy levels up and take care of my body which does NOT appreciate sitting at a desk all day
  • Being mindful of my upper back, as it can get stuck on a regular basis

Other things about me: I love reading, especially fantasy; French is my first language, so sorry for language mistakes; I am a bit shy, and I find posting on a forum quite scary!

• Like 1

Current challenge

"Failure is the mark of a life well lived." - Brandon Sanderson, Oathbringer. 

Welcome! What fantasy books do you read? I see you have Brandon Sanderson in your signature. Do you read his books? I love all his books!  I think a while ago I actually had the same quote in my signature. 

Edit to add: Took me a bit, I was thinking your Avatar  sounded familiar,  duh, now I get it I love that character.😀

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks! 

Glad to meet a Brandon Sanderson fan 😀. I really like all his Cosmere books!  A new Stormlight Archive book is coming out in november, I can't wait! Apart from Brandon Sanderson I like Robin Hobb (The Realm of the Elderdlings is the book series that got me into fantasy reading). I am finishing the Witcher series and I am about to start The Wheel Of Time. Have you read them?  What do you like to read?

Yes I like her character and her order of radiants in general! I thought going with a fantasy theme was suited for a nerd fitness community 🤓

• Like 1

Current challenge

I love the Stormlight Archive Series, I recently re- read it (which you know is a lot of reading!) to get ready for the new release. I haven't read either the Elderlings or the Witcher. I read about 4 books in the Wheel of Time and just got bogged down and never finished it

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I also wanted to do a re-read before the new release. But I am not spending so much time reading right now, and as you said it is a lot of reading! So I don't know if I will. I think I would enjoy all the interludes much more on a re-read, there are many things I did not understand the first time.

I heard a lot of people stopped reading the Wheel of Time in the middle so I don't know, I'll see if I stick to it.

I saw there is a Reading Challenge sub, I think I am gonna hang there soon

Current challenge

18 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

French is my first language, so sorry for language mistakes; I am a bit shy, and I find posting on a forum quite scary!

Bienvenue! Nous sommes heureux que vous êtes ici. :)

Your English is wonderful and I have been there with the first-post jitters. This is a very welcoming place.

Those are excellent goals! I look forward to seeing you in a challenge sometime maybe?