Hello kindred spirits,

I have a goal of running a 10K race non stop before I turn 30. I'm now 28 years old so I better get on it!

In the past I would cover distances of about 7km on average per run. However I stopped running and lost a lot of my progress.

I lost 40lbs in the past with no gym membership and no personal trainer. However now, I'm starting over, as my sedentary lifestyle as put me right back into square one.
This made my truly realize that diet and fitness has to be a lifestyle if you plan on keeping your athleticism. It's reboot time, as I plan to accomplish my goal of running a 10K race non stop before I turn 30, and loose some weight along the way.

I will definitely be joining the Scouts, but will mix in some periodic strength training to prevent running injuries.

Growing up I used to play tennis 4 days a week. In my high school gym class I was quite fit. Now I'm not that fit, but wish to regain my athleticism.

I will keep my weekly goal simple:

1) Run a minimum of two days a week.

2) Post running progress in the forums.

I will officially start tomorrow, since it's 11:30pm.

Best,
Sebastian N.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Are you going to re-start running for the first time this week?

I did two runs today; I covered 2.17 km this morning, and then went for another walk/jog and covered 8.04 km.

My strategy is to do interval training; mixing in walking and running together in the same session.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, SebastianN said:

I did two runs today; I covered 2.17 km this morning, and then went for another walk/jog and covered 8.04 km.

My strategy is to do interval training; mixing in walking and running together in the same session.

Nice! 8km is quite long already, not so far from your 10km goal!

• Like 1

Current challenge

"Failure is the mark of a life well lived." - Brandon Sanderson, Oathbringer. 

I hope it was a good visit. :) It's awesome that you kept walking and working to your goal in the face of a change in routine. It's so easy (for me anyway) to use stuff like that as an excuse to NOT do things. 

Congrats on the 5k straight!

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

I recently started a full time job, so it will be a bit difficult for me to maintain a running schedule during the week. However, I can take a 30 min walk during the weekdays, and run during the weekends. Just so you know, I do interval training. I didn't run 5k straight, I do a mix of walking and running during my workouts. It's much easier that way, and is more effective. This morning I covered 6.6 km doing interval training.

• Like 1