Game Over. Start Again?

Imaginitive, I know.

Hey guys. Long time no see. I got into a really good rhythm for a while there, but eventually got out of the habit of being on the forum. (I can be like that with social spaces.) I also made a lot of life changes and suddenly had way less time on my hands. Not all of those life changes were good. On the spiral back down, I completely stopped working out, I went vegan for a while for ethics reasons, then I started Daily Quarantine Yoga and Morning Walks, and then developed sudden, inexplicable knee pain. 

Now I'm in physical therapy and struggling to do the bare minimum -- 10-15 minutes of exercises, twice a day. I've got very wimpy excuses -- it hurts, I'm tired, sitting on the couch and watching this show is more comfortable/fun/less work. I have NO epic excuses -- my arm was rent from its place while I was saving the galaxy, I took a literal arrow to the knee, I'm too busy delivering the One Ring to Mount Doom, etc. And unfortunately, pretending everything is fine and waiting for the problem to just go away is not working super great. So here we are. 

I have zero fun workout goals at the moment. I hate most upper body workout stuff (I will do it on principle but that's it) and my physical therapist has outlawed yoga, walks over 2 miles, hills, and Good Times In General. I don't get horrible sudden pain since I stopped eating grains for a while there, and I'm trying to isolate what specific foods cause me problems. (Current learnings include Rice Makes Joints Loud and One Time I Screamed Because Of Ice Cream.) I'm committing to experimenting with following Physical Therapist's orders to the letter for a month to see whether my worst fears are right about it being pointless. (Hypothesis: They aren't, they're just really really persuasive, because they're comfy). I'm staying vegetarian and experimenting with what foods work well for my body. I just...don't want to be alone in the middle of this anymore. It's been tough, and I could use some accountability.

Thanks, y'all. 

• Like 4

Hey Khari, welcome back to the forum! I tend to withdraw from spaces on a regular basis as well, but this really is a great community that has always been very supportive, so combing back is a great first step. I don't have a lot of advice for you, but lots of support. I'd say giving your PT's advice a month to start showing results is a very solid plan. 

• Like 3

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Hey, here you are! Welcome back! :) Here to support you, and I agree with Artemis, give the PT some time and see how it works out. 

• Like 2