Caius' Introduction

I'm Caius. I'm an American living in Japan who has let himself go and is now in his mid-life trying to get back into shape. I have 2 lovely Italian Greyhounds that keep me company ... or I keep them company ... not sure which. Anyway, they are the best.

I'm here to meet, support, and be supported by like-minded people as there aren't any around me that enjoy what I do. I'm also hoping to have some fun along the way. I'd like to get to and maintain a healthy body fat range of between 15-18%, reduce my alcohol consumption, increase my physical activity and retain any speed, agility, and quickness I have left. Everything else would be icing on this cake ... I mean frozen yogurt.

I plan to conduct 3 total body workouts a week with variable rep ranges that would include any combination of bodyweight, dumbbells, and resistance bands. Though I may switch up to 4 upper/lower splits or even a combination of the two. I enjoy hiking through woods and up mountains, so that will be added into the mix. I haven't ran (jog) in years and is honestly the worst activity I can think of but perhaps I can add some sprinting into the mix. I'd have to learn about SAQ training and add that in as well.

Until I can get more familiar with the site and all that it offers, I'll be doing the pre-made quests in the Rebel, Adventurer, and Ranger classes. When I get a chance, I'll be adding picture of future hikes I take and the mountains I will climb ... but with SARS-COV2 floating around it puts a damper on what I'm willing and able to do outside the house that these old dogs of mine can take me.

Hope to see you around the forums.

• Like 1

Salus populi suprema lex esto

Follow my Battle LogCharacter, and Challenge

46 minutes ago, pixie_dust said:

I've always wanted to go to Japan!

It's a nice place to visit.

Australia is the last continent (excluding Antarctica) for me to visit. Where do you recommend for a visit for an adventuring ranger type like myself? :)
One day, I'll take vacation in the down under ... when the pandemic settles down anyway.

• Like 1

Salus populi suprema lex esto

Follow my Battle LogCharacter, and Challenge

22 hours ago, Caius said:

It's a nice place to visit.

Australia is the last continent (excluding Antarctica) for me to visit. Where do you recommend for a visit for an adventuring ranger type like myself? :)
One day, I'll take vacation in the down under ... when the pandemic settles down anyway.

I wouldn't want to brag but I have been to Antarctica, if you've ever been curious about what it would be like I highly recommend adding it to your list. It's the most incredible place I've been as far as landscape aesthetic is concerned. 

As for Australia - there are so many adventures to be had! It really depends on what kind of adventures you value, if you like to immerse yourself in people and culture then some of the main cities would be your best bet (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane). For an adrenaline rush you can't go past the Gold Coast - sky diving, jet boating, jet skiing, bungy jumping, and a few theme parks with crazy rides. If you prefer cooler weather and a slower pace Tasmania is a must, cities are a bit smaller and you can make your way around the whole island in just over a week if you wanted to (I've done this road-trip style). If you want to see some of the most incredible landscapes in the country you can't go past Central and the top end (Northern Territory). Western Australia is really undervalued in my opinion, there is a lot to do and see but it's not as high up on the tourist destination list - stunning beaches and wine country among other things. It all depends on how much time you have, what time of year you're travelling and your budget for sure. I hope this gives you a little idea of where you'd like to go 🙂 

• Like 1