RES: Always CUTE

21 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Whoot! Whoot! 

Glad you have the news and may it be fun transition in the end!!

13 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

congrats to the new job! awesome! :)

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Congratulations on the new job!

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

Wooo congrats!

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Congrats on the new job!

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

Congratulations!

Thank you all...

So I turned in my notice today...got kind of a surprise, they counteroffered. I don't think they've ever done that for anyone before...

On the one hand there was:

Lack of bonus (this is the first job I've ever had where these were given anyway)

Boss comment about "executive team" (we were all under stress given the circumstances)

Obtaining test results (okay this one bugs me, but wasn't my boss, was the owner)

Lack of work/life balance (it's only 5 months and I really do enjoy it. Plus there's the additional 2 weeks off when the office shuts down for Xmas, and a lot of flexibility)

The unknown aspect of what's going to happen in the future, my boss is pretty certain that there will be baseball, he would know better than any of the rest of us.

On the other hand:

Complete disregard for my time when going for a second interview

No response for the two weeks i attempted to contact them to reschedule

No contact for a month after that

No follow through on steps that were to be taken prior to offering the position

Still no contact from the job itself (only the recruiter)

No direction or even idea what I will be doing at this new job

I have the weekend to think about it, but I'm pretty certain I know what choice I'm going to make. 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Amazing ride yesterday morning, work event last night...good conversation with my boss and the owner who both informed me they were not just going to let me leave without a fight, not that I really wanted to anyway so I'm going to be staying...I've been tasked with working up a five year plan for growth and where I see myself with them in that time. I didn't really feel right with the events of the last two months regarding the other company and really feel like a weight has been lifted after clearing the air of the items that were bothering me.

On with the plan..

The Plan....Week 2

Conscientious: Make 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. 7/7

Unconventional: Rides, 5k's, events, and any other random stuff goes here (at least one item from two "lists") 6/7 Worked on list items, Rode yesterday

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 7/7 sleep 2/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 3x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 4/3 weights 0 days steps, 0/3 days treadmill (1 work event)

qX0zRml.jpg

DBjCkdk.jpg

Some pics from the ride yesterday.

Delaying my workout today, have a bad headache and tired from the ride and work afterwards...a bit emotionally spent as well with the events of the last few days.

• Like 8

Thank you everyone! As time goes on I'm more convinced I made the right decision, our annual offsite was this week, it was a lot different this year but a lot of talk about what we as a group had been going through, especially mentally, happened. The owner opened up about how he had started meditating to help deal with things this year, changes were discussed about having 'mental health check-ins' at least once a week, and 'mental health buddies'. It's nice to hear you're not the only one that's been struggling with things this year. The next month or so is still going to be uncertain until MLB determines what will be happening with the remaining MiLB teams and we get an actual schedule.

The Plan....Week 3

Unconventional: Rides, 5k's, events, and any other random stuff goes here (at least one item from two "lists") 5/7 Worked on list items

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 7/7 sleep 2/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 3x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 2/3 weights 0 days steps, 0/3 days treadmill

Was supposed to do a 4K today, my sciatic started acting up several days ago and I just don't have the mental capacity to push through it. Been feeling "I'm so tired of being in constant pain" a lot lately and just couldn't do it. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll deal with it then...

• Like 4
On 10/5/2020 at 3:18 PM, Mistr said:

Ouch on the sciatica. I hope you find relief from that soon.

I reworked some plans this week, I really want to start doing more cardio (and hopefully losing weight again like it assisted with last year) I still have one day for weight training though (Tues.) I was about 1/2 way through it when I felt my back 'pop' back into place, and it hasn't hurt as much or spasmed at all since! 

If that doesn't convince me of the "just start, you'll feel better" I don't know what will...

• Like 3

What a week...everything reconciled for YE and all I'm waiting on is inventory counts which come from other people.

As I mentioned i reworked some of my goals, weight training three times a week was getting to be too much for my joints to handle. Still need to get better at getting on the treadmill more regularly.

The Plan....Week 4

Unconventional: Rides, 5k's, events, and any other random stuff goes here (at least one item from two "lists") 6/7 Worked on list items

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 6/7 sleep 1/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 1x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 1/1 weights 0 days steps, 1/3 days treadmill

I have poll worker training tomorrow, webinars all week for HR related stuff, and one week after that I leave on vacation when I get to go see my granddaughter! 🙂 

• Like 3
On 10/12/2020 at 3:35 AM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

A lovely light at the end of the tunnel!

Yes :)

I have to say I have a whole lot more respect for poll workers now, I never knew everything that was involved with it...still don't know everything but have a better idea now

• Like 1
15 hours ago, RES said:

I was waiting for someone to go there

Just in the nick of time.

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

9176b8d7a772b13e188ace6ac248f088.jpg

Poll Worker:

2020 election: How young people can fix poll worker shortages - Los Angeles  Times1 

Pole Worker (where my brain went):

MegaBrand Portable Spinning Stripper Pole Review 

• Haha 1
On 10/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, Mistr said:

Yay for getting to go on vacation and see your granddaughter. That sounds lovely.

I'm looking forward to the visit, the drive and OK not so much... :D 

Time to put this challenge to bed

The Plan....Week 5

Unconventional: Rides, 5k's, events, and any other random stuff goes here (at least one item from two "lists") 7/7 Worked on list items, rode today (no pictures)

Time: Get 7 hours of sleep a night, post at least 3 times a week in my thread. 6/7 sleep 3/3 posting

Exercise: Weights 1x week, 6,000 steps a day, 3 days treadmill workout (when no work event) 1/1 weights 0 days steps, 1/3 days treadmill

Next challenge is locked and loaded and includes my birthday, boy did this year turn out a lot different than I thought it would last year at this time...in the process of recommitting to a few things in my life, my health/weight loss being one of those, some personal/spiritual items being others. Really trying to be mindful of my time on social media, may make that part of a future challenge, right now the negativity is enough of a deterrent. 

• Like 2